FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What positions do we need to look at now?

davieB

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot something, Bob Harris please. Pretty sure he's out of contract come end of the season.

Dundee are after him apparently. They can offer him more money than we can, but not SPL football!

I've heard that aswell, but how many players are they prepared to have on SPL wages, it's a big risk but the answer is probably still frightening. Hoping he would see guranteed SPL football as a good stepping stone at least, and a potential money spinner? In reality Dundee will most likely snap him up.

Mihadjuks back as cover (mebbe first team player if Roscoe decides to stay, but from his reaction today and the way he has been talking I think he could be away).

Where is this? I found an interview in the Daily Record but couldn't see anything like that.

Taken from the BBC:

However, despite his iconic status at the club, Tokely is facing an uncertain future, with his contract due to expire at the season's end.

"I'm out of contract at the end of the season so everything's a bit up in the air," said the right-back.

"The gaffer's out of contract as well and no-one's mentioned a word, but I'm just here to play games and help the guys get a win."

There were bits and pieces earlier in the season. Apparently he did have an offer in Australia, and Pele himself did allude to the fact that Roscoe is nearing the end of his career, and a money-spinning move elsewhere could be on the cards.

Hope not though. The man represents ICT.

This thread is not denying the players a moment of glory. They're hardly going to look at this and go all sad. We have all but secured promotion and discussing what we would like/expect to happen, it's a forum these things are discussed. If no one wants to talk about it, it will drift down the pages. But it hasn't so it suggests at least a few of us want to talk about this.

Edited by Iain

Ok...

IMO, here's what we need:

Left Back

Centre Back

Right Winger/Midfielder

Attacking Midfielder

Striker, possibly 2 strikers.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Left Back:

Not Bob Harris. He is f**king s**t and we don't need a one trick, free-kick pony on the team in our first season back. Don't have a clue who we should be looking at but it'd better not be Harris.

Centre Back:

I'd have Mihadjuks back in a heartbeat.

Right Winger/Midfielder:

Has to be Tad?. He's proved he's capable of doing the business against SPL opposition by dispatching Aberdeen when he returned from suspension for their replay.

Attacking Midfielder:

No idea who it should be as we all ready have Odhiambo (I don't think Sand-shoes will cut the mustard in the SPL) but I'd love to see Richard Brittain or Micheal Gardyne sign for us. I'd even have Vigurs back!

Strikers:

Though I genuinely can't see it happening, I'd give my right arm to see Kevin Kyle at the club. Possibly have a look at putting a cheeky bid in for Liam Buchannan?

The get rid list:

Djebi-Zadi

Bulvitis

Stratford

Eagle

Sanchez

Let the inevitable flaming commence...

Left Back:

Not Bob Harris. He is f**king s**t and we don't need a one trick, free-kick pony on the team in our first season back. Don't have a clue who we should be looking at but it'd better not be Harris.

Where do you get that opinion from?

Watched him on 4 occasions now and every game he's been one of, if not, the best player on the park. I also like the fact that you can use that he scores freekicks on a regular basis as a bad thing.. if anything that's something we're severly lacking at the moment. He's a perfect fit for ICT but can't see us signing him ahead of Dundee

Let the inevitable flaming commence...

You only say that because you're posting for a reaction.

Edited by Harry Chibber

I think the missionary is pretty good for a start....

Appreciate that one.

Harris, Tade, Hart, Foran, Hayes, Get Duff back fit and maybe, just maybe, we could get one of those $hit hot loan sigingings the central belters always seem to get. Come on Tel, use your fame.

"I'm out of contract at the end of the season so everything's a bit up in the air," said the right-back.

"The gaffer's out of contract as well and no-one's mentioned a word, but I'm just here to play games and help the guys get a win."

Thats was when the doubters, him included, thought we were down here for more than a season. I bet you he stays. Who else will give him SPL and what English team will want to pay him a large wage?

Back in November hardly anyone believed we could bounce up and yet, barring a miracle, it has been achieved with 2 games to spare. That is an absolutely fantasitc achievement from the players. I appreciate the management team will need to look quickly in deciding who to offer contracts to in order to be able to secure as strong a squad as possible for next season, but can we as fans just leave it for a while? Lets celebrate the success and say "well done" to the team rather than give them a message which basically says "job done, now f*** off - we want someone better than you"

Back in November hardly anyone believed we could bounce up and yet, barring a miracle, it has been achieved with 2 games to spare. That is an absolutely fantasitc achievement from the players. I appreciate the management team will need to look quickly in deciding who to offer contracts to in order to be able to secure as strong a squad as possible for next season, but can we as fans just leave it for a while? Lets celebrate the success and say "well done" to the team rather than give them a message which basically says "job done, now f*** off - we want someone better than you"

I've been saying well done all season, still am now, and will be on saturday. Keep them all.

Well if rumours are to be believed the move to Australia is off. Hoping he can stay, we'll know in the next couple of weeks if he is. It'd be bizarre not seeing him in defence.

If you read between the lines and done a bit of background reading at the time, for me it seems quite likely that the un-named team that Tokely was linked with was Ian Ferguson's North Queensland Fury. He seemed to be looking at a lot of Scottish based players, Dunfermline's Scott Wilson and Ross County's Dyron Daal being the main two that comes to mind. Ferguson has since left NQF and is away at Perth. That'll be why Tokely's deal is off.

Rose-tinted glasses when people seem to talk about Tokely. Is he that great? No. Granted, he's performed well this season - most notably our recent victory away to Partick where he was a literal rock. Can he perform in the SPL next season? I'm not sure.

Are you named after a Pizza Express pizza?

If you mean me, then yes; my real name is Siciliana with extra mozzarella and olive nere.

As for the original question, relating to Dundee only, I would have Harkins in a flash, but I wouldn't touch Griffiths with a bargepole.

Edited by ilpadrino