FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

England supporters have gone quiet....

Johnboy

Just before the World Cup there were all kinds of crazy predictions on this site from England based ICT fans, as to what their team would do in Germany.

Is it just my imagination or have they all gone a wee bit quiet since Saturday's matches...?..?..!!

:015: :015: :015:

while we can happily gloat JB .... lets just remember that 'pride comes before a fall' .... I'll save my gloating until later in the week ... if we have 12/12  :004:

Scotty : Opportunities to gloat don't crop up all that often for Scotland supporters... you have to make the most of it..... Another Scotland victory on Wednesday, coupled with a defeat for England wouldn't go amiss though, would it..?

:001: :001:

Guest Suspicious Mind

As a Scot, I feel it is my duty to gloat. It has been a fundamental part of my upbringing for which I owe my parents a great debt!

Whilst we sit proudly at the top of a group containing the world champions, the runners up and a quarter finalists our old foes struggle to cope with mighty Macedonia. It just doesn't get any better.

Like all Scots, I await the bump back down to earth and intend to enjoy the ride while it lasts. Earth for us means mediocrity and punching at our weight. For our old pals the realisation that its their game that's got the problem and their Swedish scapegoat has now gone is all to much to bare.

Long may it continue!!!

Vive l'Ecosse!

Just before the World Cup there were all kinds of crazy predictions on this site from England based ICT fans, as to what their team would do in Germany.

Yes, I remember....I think....did I not say they'd get no further than the QF at least and for you fine chaps in Scotland not to worry yer erses or fret about Englnad doing another '66....you really should listen to yer Uncle Gringo yer know.

Bet yer don't what I did on Saturday when Caldwell scored (I was watching it 'live' on Sky and NOT the Engerlund game by the way)

OK - I have to come clean, I did a fair bit of gloating on Saturday .... like everyone else though, I fear the reality check that comes with being a follower of Scotland ... Its similar to the type of reality check we sometimes get as ICT fans after a huge result (how many remember the St Mirren game after that midweek cup game against Celtic ?)

Saturday was tremendous ... I met up with a frequent visitor to the TCS on Saturday morning who had just arrived for a family holiday and as his wife and kid went to a place called Canada's Wonderland which is full of roller coasters and such like, we settled down in Scallywags bar at  Yonge & St Clair to watch a different type of roller coaster at Walter's Wonderland.

The bar has three floors - on the ground floor the England game was being shown, and it was costing them $10 each to get in as the match was on a pay-per-view channel. On the first floor was the Scotland game (free entry) and on the second floor was the Ireland game (also free entry). At half time - as all fans mingled - the Scots fans were the happiest as we were holding the mighty French to a draw and the others were concerned with their team performances.

We met quite a few Hibs, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen supporters, even one guy from Elgin (the Dons fan). There were even one or two France supporters sitting quietly. We managed some good debate with the Hibs and Arab fans - mostly centred around our good results against Hibs and how much of an irritating ***** a certain former ICT manager is ... but all the inter-club rivalry was forgotten when the ball hit the back of the net and we were 1-0 up against the French - this should not be happenning. Those last 20 minutes felt like days and at the end, the roar in our bar was loud .... almost as loud as the groans from above and below.

After the game, we didnt boast (much), just smiled and acknowledged that it was a good victory whilst sympathising (or so it seemed) with the English fans that they had a ****** result and not only that, that they also had to pay to watch it. and YES it felt really good

If Walter can manage to make it 12 points from 12, then that will be amazing. I look forward to it. Regardless of the midweek result though, Walter and his staff are quickly removing the ridicule that came with being a Scotland fan under Berti.

As a fairly regular Tartan Army footsoldier - and one who was there to bathe in the glory of Saturday's momentous victory at Hampden - I must admit to having mixed views about the England support.

When you meet the really nice ordinary England fan (like I did on the way to Hampden on Saturday) I often part company by wishing their team well. That is only until you meet the shaven headed, England-top-wearing thugs who love to slag our national team........and then the mood changes. By the time you've switched on the TV and watched a BBC Sports pro-England/anti-Scotland propaganda programme the mood has totally changed!!

Yes, I remember....I think....did I not say they'd get no further than the QF at least and for you fine chaps in Scotland not to worry yer erses or fret about Englnad doing another '66....you really should listen to yer Uncle Gringo yer know.

Aye but you don't count Uncle Gringo, you're one of us really.......

Heilandee - what were you doing on an Arab United web site?

Bit of a screamer of a goal though - the sort of goal we used to concede in internationals (e.g. Willie Donnachie o.g. + blooper versus Brazil in World Cup '98).

Aye that Donnachie goal was the final straw for me. Umpteen years of travelling on the train to midweek games and getting back home at dark o'clock.

I even put up with Roughie dropping it at Krankl's feet and many others  :009:

I didnt watch the superstars, spent my early evening training with My sons team St Valliers under 10's down here in Brissol, didnt even know the score until this morning......gotta say my choice of football was much more rewarding than watching some of the so called greatest players in the world of football flop again.

And of course my lad was wearing his full ICT kit to boot last night for training so flying the flag for the boys down here.

16K a day!! thats shocking! just shows what a mess the FA are in

I like the guy warnocks comments last night, went something along the lines of:

i hate watching england, i never watch them, havent done for years, not cause i think they're under performing, i just dont think they have the ability

ha ha  :015: