FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stuck in Aberdeen

forresdame

Are there any other Caley fans here too?  Yet to meet any.  Don't get up to Inverness for a match very often, due to work but made it yesterday.  Sooooooooo depressed going 2-0 down then sooooooooo happy.  Still ecstatic.  Still sick of reading about the Dons every day in the paper.  Can anyone sympathise????????

I've lived in Aberdeen for about 6years (age 17ish-23ish); moved through for Uni, but now working as a teacher.

There are a few other ICT fans up here, but i've only ever met about 1 or 2.

Since it was the school hols when ICT beat Rangers, i was in AIK Stockholm's stadium (watching AIK v. Helsinborgs) jumping around when the full time score came through on my mobile. Got a fair few strange glances  :clapping04:

Just wondered if there was a bar where everyone goes to watch the games?  Any suggestions?  (Other than subscription to Setanta!)  Thinking ahead to the ICT v Aberdeen game - don't hugely want to be in the presence of Dons fans any more than I can help - or am I best just to stick to listening online at home with some beers!?    :001:

Ironically I could well be in Aberdeen that night.  I am based in Inverness and rarely miss a home game.  I have to pick someone up in Aberdeen at 10.30pm.  If I can't talk someone else into going for me I thought I might come through and watch the game in a pub somewhere.  So if you come up with somewhere let me know and I might just join you.

Yup there are a few of us through here. Where do other Aberdeen Caley Jags stay?

I live just off King Street and go to all the Home games with my partner in crime Caleygirl on a Saturday morning on the train.

The last few times we have seen about 4 other ICT fans travel from Aberdeen as well and we know of a couple of others as well so there are a fair few exiled Caley Jags on the go.

As for the game on the 6th I still don't know if I can get to it. Depends on what work I am doing. If I don't get to it a bunch of us will seek out a pub - most likely Archies - to watch the game. Other options could be Bobbin, Triple Kirks and Illicit Still. They are some of the more friendly pubs in Aberdeen I have been to in the last 5 years and ones also most likely to take in Away fans as well. had thought about the Pitt but not sure that would go down well... :015:

I should know by this time next week if I can go but if I can't get through it'll be Archies for me.

I live on Jamaica st, at the top of George st. But have lived at Hilton, King St, Holburn St, Hardgate over the years.

I've tended to watch the games with mates in Aberdeen who are mostly all Dons fans. Noteable pubs include the Howff, Ma Camerons, and the Butchers Arms.

Not sure if i can make the trip for ICT v. Dons game, as i'm teaching the next day. Probably looking to go to the pub for it, unfortunately with Dons fans in tow probably.  Would be nice to know there are a few ICT fans in the pub though, so i'm not the only one cheering if we score/win (i've come very close to a kicking for games v. Celtic and Rangers!)

Keep me updated...  :clapping04:

I live on George Street - above the Butchers Arms!  Also lived all over the city - Old Aberdeen, Rosemount, Holburn Street and even Torry.  Only been seriously supporting ICT for about a year now.  It's a long story, lets just say I was in the football wilderness for  a number of years, fully committed now though.  Find it hard to get to games, as I work Saturdays, unlikely to be able to make the trip again now until after the New Year, worse luck. :009:  Going to try and make it to the pub on the 6th if I can talk a friend into coming with me - my boyfriend hates football.  Which brings me back to my original question about potential bar options, ta for suggestions, keep me updated too, I agree it would be nice if there were a few of us in the same bar that night, supporting ICT - especially against bloody Aberdeen!

I stay in Aberdeen as well, up from the Atholl Hotel but as they don't have a TV screen I tend to go into the city centre - any pub.

I agree that a group of us together supporting ICT will be better than sitting on your own being out supported by the locals.

Is the Illicit Still up from M & S back door?  (Or is that the Bond?) If it is the 'IS' that could be very central.

Not sure if I'm even going to be able to catch this one on the telly! It will probably be at the bobbin if I do.

I think we went to Stadia on Union Street last time to watch the Ayr cup replay and there was a couple of ICT fans in there.

I don't know Aberdeen at all, but I would like the opportunity to meet up with some of you to watch the game.  Has to be somewhere easy to find. (I think I might be able to find the Bobbin).  I'm picking someone up at the Exhibition Centre at 10.30pm.  Let me know where the majority of you will be.

Is the Bobbin not an AFC bar?? :010:

Not really as far as I know. It is more of a student bar/pub but any lo0cal Aberdeen fans in the area will of course make use of it. On the whole I think it is considered more of a student place than anything else. I should given that it was my 'local' for my Undergrad years at Uni  :001:

Do an exam and then head straight for the Bobbin 2 minutes along the road to celebrate/commiserate  :015:

Another option is the Bon Accord Golf Club, at Pittodrie.

I have spoken to the steward and it is ok for Monday. Big screen Telly, no hassle with Dons 'fans' and if it is a goer we will have pies laid on.

I will however require to know if it is to be used and the approx. numbers.

Think about it and let me know.

Might i be so bold as to suggest you folks set up the Granite city ICT supporters club.Setting up the Highland Dark Blues has been great craic for us Dundee Exiles in Sneck,saves money on travel carsharing and organising buses for bigger matches and get together when the Dee are live on telly matches  ( well we used to  :019:)

Bon Accord sounds good to me.  I even know where that is.  The Caledonian Golf Club were also very good to us when Pittodrie was our home. 

Come on guys lets go for it sounds good.  Great chance to meet some fellow 'Nutters'.  Might even recruit a few of you for the Pre Christmas Party.  :021: :021:

There's a pretty good chance i'll be there (free pies could seal the deal!)

Also, off topic; i was watching the Aberdeen v. Hibs game in the Butcher's Arms on George St. (my local), and got speaking to the bar maid. Her son Jamie (didn't ask the surname) is in the Caley under 19s and supposed to be highly regarded at ICT.

Now, after the ICT v. Celtic 1-1 draw earlier this season, i popped into the Butchers Arms, for one last celebratory pint; and in there was a kid with a ICT away top. A few of the regulars were telling me stories about this lad being the next big thing, and how Rangers, Celtic and Man Utd etc were all after him before he signed for ICT. I'm guessing its the same boy.

I also remember a previous thread containing hints of this "wonderkid". Anyone care to elaborate on this guy??

I also got my pints for dirt cheap, since i was wearing my Caley top. Think thats the first time that has ever happened!!

Bon Accord is the one across from the Golf Course, a wee bit further up from  the Caledonian... am i right??

It is the club nearest the stadium, right on the corner site.

Parking/bus travel no big prob - two screens(big tellys not projector screens), one in each bar - drink cheap.

If I get an indication of numbers I will supply the half time pies and Peter, the steward, has offered to heat them up.