FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT Away support more loyal than home

Nigel

Would most people agree that any fan who attends at least a few away (2+ matches) a season is more loyal than a season ticket holder who refuses to attend any away matches ?

My wife & I have been to a few home & away & I am unable to persuade (as if we should have to) any of the season ticket holders I have spoken met to come to even one away match.

We always have more fun at away matches,have never had any trouble & if finances & work would allow we would attend more.

Edited by Scotty
edited thread title. ALL CAPS is considered 'shouting' and bad etiquette !!!!
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 25

no.

a supporter is a supporter. if you come to a game you deserve nothing but praise in my book. regardless of whether you sing/sit/stand/dance/take your shoes off/sweetie rustle/conga etc etc. we go to games to support our team :ictscarf:

i care not whether you do it at home or away or both. obviously at home you give your money directly to the club, but some of us just can't get to inverness for games and some of us just can't get out of inverness for games. judgements about how loyal one fan is compared to another are a waste of time in my book.

either way, come on the mighty caley, terry and mo will turn this little slump around and we'll be flying again

:ictscarf::ictscarf::ictscarf:

• Agree 7

each to their own ..... no one fan is better than any other just because they do an away trip .... this kind of one-upmanship is naive in the extreme.

some fans cant afford it, some fans have to try and fit work schedules around games, some fans simply dont have the time, some of the away fans are actually closer to home at an away game than they are at a home game ..... whatever the reasons, and they are numerous, we are all pretty damn good because we all support ICT !!!!

And what about our overseas fans? Is there a hierarchy there too ? Is Gabby a good supporter because he stays up into the early hours in Australia to listen to or watch a game on radio/TV ? Is Scarlet a better supporter than me because he gets up at 7AM Vancouver time to listen to a 3PM kick off and I only get up at 10AM Toronto time ? What about our fans in Egypt, Japan, Africa, or our supporters in the forces who have listened in from the middle east or the Falklands? Many of us dont make it to a game regardless of whether it is home or away but you can be damn sure we make time to show our support in our own ways.

• Agree 2

Either that or its collecting red dots, I envy a lot of fans who are able to go to away games all the time, they get to see ICT win games....:unsure:

Edited by caley100

It's a shame that the free kids away season ticket scheme idea, for home season ticket holders, was dropped after just a season. That was a great idea, and saved me a fortune on away games. Think it was our second or 3rd season in the SPL it was introduced?

• Agree 1

i enjoy going to home games but also try to goto as many aw2ay games as we can afford yes theres a better atomsphere at away games but doesnt make me or anyone else a better suporter than anyone who pays to go watch ict what a lame post

• Disagree 1

The home support gets a lot of stick for being quiet, but I don't think anyone could accuse it of disloyalty - in terms of numbers it held up far better last season than the supports of some relegated clubs have done (Livingston being a case in point). It's basically a case of location for most - I make a point of going to every away game now that I no longer work on Saturdays, unless it's Aberdeen midweek, but only make 4-5 home games per season. Many of the guys I travel with are in the same sort of situation. The guys I probably admire the most are those I see at nearly every away game, who I know travel from Inverness and also attend the home games - a lot of them are from the younger end of our support too, which is really encouraging for the future - and there are also the likes of Top Six Next Year, who make all the away games and also keep a season tcket and travel north frequently. For a lot of people, though, it just isn't possible, financially or timewise or workwise, to make every game home and away: degrees of loyalty don't come into it.

• Agree 5

more water on the real mr christian........

i am not going to get into a Peeing contest about fan loyalty as to be perfectly honest the prospect of it strikes me as particularly pathetic and playground-esque

• Agree 1

Away fans home supporters. Away fans on match day line the opponents coffers, home gate goes to supporting the team.

I was just about to highlight the fact that away "support" is actually financially contributing to the opposition....and not ICT.....unless its a cup game

i totally disagree i got myself a season ticket when we got into the spl i am english and a very big man utd supporter but being a massive football fan i got a season ticket at one of my nearest clubs caley thistle. i have since left caithness to stirling as im at university and i make the journey every 2nd weekend up ton inverness even with our shoddy home record i continue to buy my st and pay train expenses to get up. I have been to quite a few away games in the last 2 seasons as well. So i dont believe away supporters are more loyal

What a stupid thing to say,you are a complete fool Nigel.Season ticket holders are what keeps this club going,if they can't afford or even be bothered to travel that is up to them .To suggest that we are not as loyal as "Super Fans" like you is a disgrace.I have been to tynecastle and parkhead this season and both were brilliant,but there is nothing better than going to home games with all your mates(even if the football is not the best):tuttut:

I go to home games to support the club financially. Away games are good though - it's usually a great day out (well, it was in 2010!) and it's good to get behind the team.

Can someone tell me why I'm responding to a fishing trip? I feel like such a n00b.

Quite the opposite.

Supporters who attend home games are contributing financially to the club and are clearly much more loyal than those DISLOYAL supporters who attend away games and contribute financially to the opposition.

Boycott away games - that's what I say!

And ostracise any supporters seen attending away games.

:laugh:

Quite the opposite.

Supporters who attend home games are contributing financially to the club and are clearly much more loyal than those DISLOYAL supporters who attend away games and contribute financially to the opposition.

Boycott away games - that's what I say!

And ostracise any supporters seen attending away games.

:laugh:

Boycott the ugly sisters!

As a season ticket holder along with the missus we make all the home games, we went to a gd number of away games when we were in the 1st Div as it was a bit more affordable. I would love to go to away games now that we are back in the SPL. However wee things like our mortgage and saving for the arrival of our wee one in March get in the way. We used to mostly make only away games cos we lived in Weegieland, but now we live back in Sneck things are different. In a nutshell everyone's curcumstances are different and people should not be judged on what games they attend. Conversely I'm sure there are those out there who would love to buy a season ticket but cannot afford it, work on Saturdays etc, so just make some home games, does this make them any 'less' of a supporter?

IMO the only supporters that are irratating are those who seem to perversly take great glee in the team playing badly and take every opportunity to criticise or shout abuse at the players/management. :thumbdown:

NIgel if you would like to leave your bank account detals I (and others I'm sure) would be more than happy to take out a reasonable amount so we could follow ICT on the road.

Now stop with the :bullshit: and be happy to follow :ictscarf:

Edited by fraz
  • Agree 1