FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Caley Thistle Song !!

Guest smithy

is it just me or do caley need a song . ive been 2 every home game this season an quite a few away an every game at home caley av been outsung apart fae last 10mins against falkirk i no its not always exciting but all teams with th best atmospheres have a song eg. youll never walk alone . i no that caley have bring it on home mayb it should b played but i think we need a new 1 to silence away fans as i dont no bout u but i feel embarressed wen teams especially celtic, rangers, hearts an aberdeen *** an rock th south stand an caley fans sit bac an say LISTEN to dat lets not listen lets outsing an give ict a reputation an i believe 1 song could start it wat could b beta to run out to as a home player to here ur fans blastin out ur teams song  :021:  CALEY TILL I DIE

is it just me or do caley need a song . Ive been 2 every home game this season an quite a few away an every game at home caley av been outsung apart From last 10Min's against falkirk i no its not always exciting but all teams wiTh the best atmospheres have a song e.g. you ll never walk alone . i no that caley have bring it on home maybe it should b played but i think we need a new 1 to silence away fans as i don't no bout u but i feel embarrassed wen teams especially Celtic, rangers, hearts an Aberdeen *** an rock the south stand an caley fans sit back an say LISTEN to that lets not listen lets outsing an give Ict a reputation an i believe 1 song could start it What could b beta to run out to as a home player to here your fans blasting out your teams song    CALEY TILL I DIE

I take it this thread should really be entitled "Caley Thistle Song" but does anyone remember in the 1960s (and maybe later) a thoroughly cringeworthy Caley song to the tune of Mairi's Wedding and under the name of "Come Away The Caley" which boasted such emabarrassing inanities as:

"Parkhead, Brockville and Dens Park

Found our football was no lark"?

HELP!!!!!

(On the other hand the pre match music in these days did include Andy Stewart and Jim Reeves!)

Thank you Scotty. As an assiduous chronicler of the merger, I have always insisted on observing what was agreed in the dying days of 1993, even though my first experience of football was at Telford Sreet.

I can also say that, with only one exception, I have NEVER referred to "Caley" in any report.

That exception was imposed on me when I opted for a particular final line for my Sportsound report on a certain 5-1 scoreline which read: "Super County go ballistic, Caley are atrocious."

for some reason our fans just dont seem to wanna sing maybe its just the noiser fans aren't sitting closed to each other. Even when songs are started people seem reluctant to join in. If we could at least one decent song that everyone will sing then it might lead to more people singing other songs to.The team deserve to walk onto the pitch with lots of  support behind them!

To get a song that people will sing is not easy. It has to be catchy, easy remembered and singable. Better if its been recorded and played over the PA.

So someone needs to write it. Someone needs to want to record it. The stadium announcer needs to play it. Quite a tall order methinks.

Then we need to be winning to get folk to sing.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Whats the point having a song when nobody will sing it!!!!!! I was sitting quite close to the boys with the drums on Saturday and they were trying to get things going ............but what a boring bunch the rest of you are. Maybe there should be a Marquis on an adjacent vacant plot of land where the natives should have a mandatory 6 pints or shots then everybody's jowls would be well lubricated and blow the roof off.

Me and Heilandee used to be in a band...if someone pays for recording we will write, compose, and record the best football song in the world.............................................................

..ever! :022: :023:

Should that no read "Me an Heilandee are used to bein banned...."    :music05: :music03:

i go to away games and most weeks really enjoy them, as i can drag ma mates up nearer the boys they are singing. there almost always is a bit of singing at the away games anyway. A singing section should be made - with every ticket holder  (be it season or one off) being asked. but then i thought this was tried already???

Me and Heilandee used to be in a band...if someone pays for recording we will write, compose, and record the best football song in the world.............................................................

..ever! :022: :023:

Should that no read "Me an Heilandee are used to bein banned...."    :music05: :music03:

I was close... :015:

I am totally stealing this from Rangers, but what about producing a wee book of songs that we can sing at home matches, because I reckon some of the problems stem from us having boring songs.  All it takes is a bunch of us to sit down, right down some songs to well known tunes and get them published in the program or in a wee book itself.  Plus, we can also get them up on this site and the official site.

What do you think?

I have been racking my brains for some songs that are to well known music...such as Ring of Fire.

At the moment I have;

To the tune of horn in Ring of Fire

I will follow ICT

Cos they are the team for me

When they win and when they lose

They are the team I will always chose.....

To the tune of Doh, a deer

ICT the team for me

Inverness is where me play

We will beat, the county lot

Any time at night or day

We don't fear, anyone

Arab, Don or Tim or Hun

And that is why I love.... (back to the start)

They are all work in progress.  Thoughts?

im game :001:

however i also think that its important to hav a simpl ne tht the younger ones can sing

somthing like

and its invernesss

clap clap clap clap clap

inverness ct

there by far the greatest team

the world as ever seen

(alternativly change inveress ct to caley thistle fc)