FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Can't Pass, Can't Score

davieB

Why is it that our passing is so gash?? Today was the worst I've seen, but week in week out we're 'treated' to players unable to grasp the simplest of footballing skills. Yes, we have certain players who everyone can see are worse at this particular skill, but it's seemingly spreading to the whole team.

And if we have a defence/midfield incapable of being able to make an accurate 10m pass how the **** are those up front ever going to get a half decent service??

There were times today when I cringed at some of the passing. The P6/7 team I coach could've done better :006:

It's such a simple game really......

Seemed to me today that the players just couldn't be ersed playing the game. Some of the passes did go in the right direction but nobody bothered moving into the spaces to pick up the ball. When we did make attacks, Hastings and Rossco got up the wings a few times, nobody bothered to get up into the box to pick up on the crosses.

£50 for tickets. £30 for petrol and a tenner to Scotcoup to watch a team display less skill than a schoolboy team. Thats dedication I suppose.

We pass the ball well when we play it on the ground - when we punt the ball up to Bayne's 50p head, we play poorly.

We pass the ball well when we have a player on the right side of midfield and a player on the left, who know what is expected of them. When our midfield play with no direction we play poorly.

Sadly Christie does not appear to see this.

It does make you wonder what they do in training.  That's the worst performance I have witnessed for a long time at the TCS.  Any more like that and our crowds are going to dip well below 3,000.

Time to change things around big style I think if the relegation zone is to be avoided.  We definitely need a midfielder who can provide a stroke of genius and give our strikers the ball at their feet in the box, not 30 yards out or a high ball that they get outjumped every time for.  Get it sorted Charlie!!!!!