FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Away fans in TCS

Heilandee

You're best speaking to the stadium, but as I understand it an invite will go out to DFC Supporters Society asking how many they would like access for....hopefully they would contact all the relevant supporters groups before replying.

However, there's nothing to stop you enquiring directly if there's a group of you wanting to make use of it.

The important thing is that the club can demonstrate that they have some knowledge of who is in there so that it can be traced back should anything happen (not likely).

As you're pretty much an honorararary ICT fan I'd hope you wouldn't have an trouble getting in.

• Agree 1

Cheers Don, LG's on the case  :smile:

Next question, what time does the bar open???  :drinking06:

There's normally the first of the punters in there about 1:30pm, but think the bar itself may be open slightly earlier (about 1:00pm) although they do have a license that allows opening from 11am so if there was demand and the club were asked in advance then I am sure they'd look after you.

Could probably do with getting the details up on the official website so I'll chase that up when I'm down at the Stadium in a bit.

• Agree 1

A definite step in the right direction if the club is indeed looking into ways of giving away fans access to eating and drinking facilities

Due to the remote location of TCS must admit I'm surprised it's taken nearly twenty years to do so but this could be a real money spinner for the club as I could see it taking off and it might even encourage more away fans through the turnstiles

It would only be a success though if away fans behave so it will be interesting to see how the Derry Boys get on, let's hope they refrain from singing some of their Ulster numbers

Dougal

it will be interesting to see how the Derry Boys get on, let's hope they refrain from singing some of their Ulster numbers

Think the club already indicated when applying for this permission that it would only be available for certain games and they would decide that based on consultation with the police ... Unlikely to be in effect for any Rangers/Celtic games

See here: http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/Cheers-Caley-Thistle-rivals-to-be-served-at-bar-06112012.htm

It would only be a success though if away fans behave so it will be interesting to see how the Derry Boys get on, let's hope they refrain from singing some of their Ulster numbers

Go on Dougal, i'll have a wee bite. Yer inference that there is any real bigotry in the Dundee support is at least 30 years out of date. I accept the origins of the use of "the Derry" were from a different time when a misguided and less enlightened generation hung on to the coat tails of West coast led bigotry, but was thankfully short lived, and quickly fizzled out.The term is now survives merely as a term of reference for the singing section that sits in the Dens road area.Ulster numbers?? you'll need to enlighten me!

Head down to Dundee on Sunday pre derby and enter any pub where you will see supporters of both clubs mingling in every one and trouble will be very rare. Come along to TCS for the Dundee game and i'll mebbes even get you a pint!  I wouldn't be stupid enough to say there would never be trouble when you mix opposing groups of football supporters ( we all have some hotheads ) and alcohol, but this sort of control allows a better than average chance of success where banter and bevvy can be enjoyed instead of the the stringent cattle like herding of all supporters that is eroding the match day experience for all. 

• Agree 3

Go on Dougal, i'll have a wee bite. Yer inference that there is any real bigotry in the Dundee support is at least 30 years out of date. I accept the origins of the use of "the Derry" were from a different time when a misguided and less enlightened generation hung on to the coat tails of West coast led bigotry, but was thankfully short lived, and quickly fizzled out.The term is now survives merely as a term of reference for the singing section that sits in the Dens road area.Ulster numbers?? you'll need to enlighten me!

Head down to Dundee on Sunday pre derby and enter any pub where you will see supporters of both clubs mingling in every one and trouble will be very rare. Come along to TCS for the Dundee game and i'll mebbes even get you a pint!  I wouldn't be stupid enough to say there would never be trouble when you mix opposing groups of football supporters ( we all have some hotheads ) and alcohol, but this sort of control allows a better than average chance of success where banter and bevvy can be enjoyed instead of the the stringent cattle like herding of all supporters that is eroding the match day experience for all. 

Hear what your saying Heilandee but surely Dee fans would be better distancing themselves from all references to Londonderry and the apprentice boys of Derry then?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Dee fans sing these three that I know off the top of my head

1. Hullo hullo we are the Dundee Derry Boys to the tune of the Orc anthem

2. Derrys Walls

3. Derry Rumba

From my experience of Scottish football over the years Dee fans were of the Orc persuasion while Dundee Hibernian(Utd) were Orish

Dougal

In these PC times yer probly correct Dougal,many do argue that point and the more PC refer to the "South Enclosure" but most "Derry Boys" keep it alive and kicking as they genuinely know there are NO connotations whatsoever. Also , "Hello,Hello we are the South Enclosure boy's"  disnae have the same ring to it.The Derry Rhumba is just a daft celebration carry on and i haven't heard Derry's Walls sung in well over 30 years,that doesn't mean it never was. As i was sayin,in the 70's, The Sash and Derry's walls were amongst a catalogue of backnumbers regularly belted out. Some did try to manufacture a perceived religious divide between us and Yenited, but the good folk of Dundee were too smart to allow a dangerous wedge to be driven between what are often inter family rivalries in the City and the notion quickly withered on the vine.

There are still a lot who want to jump onto any offended bus they can catch, but sometimes there really is "nothing to see here" 

Edited by Heilandee
  • Agree 1

the good folk of Dundee were too smart

Not often you see that phrase!

For me, one of the highlights of going to Dens (apart from seeing ICT's numerous goals) is the tannoy blasting out the wonderful "Ehm eh Dee ehm eh Dee ehm eh Dee till eh deh...."

Hopefully there aren't any sectarian undertones to it :wink:

• Agree 1

Here ya Go Yngwie, pick the sectarian bones oota this..........

Em a Dee ema dee em a dee thul eh deh

if eh dinnae see meh dees  well eh’ll shairly creh

if eh said eh liked yinitit now that wid be a leh

em a Dee em a dee em a dee thul eh deh

When eh go and see the Dees ehm aywis on a heh

meh hert is goin 90’s an eh think ehm gonna fleh

mibby its jist hertburn  we eating too much pez

ema Dee ema dee ema dee thul eh deh

Em a proud Dee and am no ain fur the lez

but one day the Dark Blues will win the precious prez

it might tak a whiley or a hundred different whez

but eh’ll wait coz their great ema Dee tuhl eh deh

ema Dee ema dee ema dee thul eh deh

Ema Dee ema dee ema dee thul eh deh

if eh said eh liked yinitit now that wid be a leh

ema Dee em a dee em a dee thul eh deh

Ema Dee em a dee em a dee thul eh deh

if eh said eh liked the arabs now that wid be a leh

em a Dee em a dee em a dee thul eh deh

• Agree 1

understood that perfectly heilandee. must be the upbringing or something, eh dinna ken. BTW if you still need info about the sports bar, get in touch with Peter McCallum at the stadium ( although CD might have sorted you by now)

• Agree 1

understood that perfectly heilandee. must be the upbringing or something, eh dinna ken.)

More like the lack of schooling if you ask me

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?v=993o4UCzLgE

For a club that is supposed to be distancing themselves from their cousins from Govan I found it a bit ironic that they belted out the dam busters tune over the PA at half time on Sunday

Dougal