FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Keeper poll

Yngwie

Who should be in goals on for our next game?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be in goals for our next game?

I thought Reguero was a wee bit suspect for a couple of goals, Ryan seems to command the box and is more vocal, whilst i dont agree with chopping and changing a team we are now in a situation where we have to.

But here's a question for you. Esson has been our keeper against SPL sides 8 times this season. How many of those games did we win?

I'll give you a clue. It starts with a zero.

Not that I am saying he was at all responsible, but it has to be acknowledged that throughout our fantastic run of results, Regeuro was between the sticks.

I think we are fortunate to have 2 really good keepers to choose from. I just wish we had this kind of choice in midfield and attack.

• Agree 1

Yip I would be happy with either for different reasons - Ryan is the more workmanlike and a shouter whilst Antonio is a shot saver. I felt that Esson would have been the preferred for a cup tie and penalty shoot out. A bit odd that Esson was not used as much in the Cups.

^ for that reason especially when we have injuries to key players it makes defensive stability important. Tony hasnt made any real mistakes IMO and has risen to the challenge and performed this season - frustrating for Esson to be kept out of the team, but we need to keep a strong unit to rider out this 'blip'.

Esson is a better communicator than Reguero.  I have been impressed with Reguero and have thought that he could be the number 1.  However I have to go with Esson. The more I think about it, the more I prefer Esson.  He had a good game on Saturday and for me, after consideration, I think he should be our number 1. 

I have seen plenty of goals go passed Esson with both his feet firmly rooted to the ground.

If you watch Reguero, if a goal goes past him  he is usually pretty close to getting a touch.

I would play Reguero against Celtic with our regular back four which hes used to.

I think simply on the basis of number of games played in SPL this season, Reguero should be the choice for this weekend. Esson is an excellent keeper but making a return against the league leaders would be a big ask. Especially on the form they exhibited in the second half against Raith Rovers. It also keeps the team stability uppermost.

It's an odd one as our results have been better with Regueor in goals however I have much more confidence when I see Esson between the sticks.

I think it's unfair to try and make out there is a link between our early season form and Esson being in goals. For most of the first quarter of the season our now quite prolific front line weren't scoring as much (certainly McKay wasn't as in amongst the goals as he is now).

I'd probably have Tuffey over both of them if he were still here.

Simple question, but is there a simple answer?

Simple question but thankfully there is no simple answer !! We have two top quality goalies and seeing either listed on the teamsheet is fine with me ! Have a feeling TB was doing a similar thing to what he did in the past with Esson/Tuffey but in reverse ... Reguero for league games, Esson for cup ... although that may now require a bit of a rethink on the manager's part !

It's an odd one as our results have been better with Regueor in goals however I have much more confidence when I see Esson between the sticks.

Yeah me too.  I've not had a lot of confidence in Reguero the last few games.  Not quite sure why I just feel something is missing from his performances.  (winner of most vague sentence ever!)

I'd probably have Tuffey over both of them if he were still here.

Ehh... what?

Congratulations you are now the new c*unty special agent manager.