FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rockness 2007

Mee

Last night was fantastic, The Chemical Brothers were amazing! Anyone know what happened to Alabama 3???

Can't wait for Daft Punk tonight! Photos later.....

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should think of moving any future RockNess's to August. The headline acts must be playing in broad daylight at this time of the year. Thats spoils it for me at an outdoor gig.

Just put sunglasses on  :001:

Daft Punk were great tonight, well worth the wait, and I didn't even get in the tent!!! Apparently they asked to play the tent rather than the main stage, was there anyone at the Manics?

Rosco17 - have you any handy wee links to anyone's sets yet?

Last night was fantastic, The Chemical Brothers were amazing! Anyone know what happened to Alabama 3???

Can't wait for Daft Punk tonight! Photos later.....

Alabama 3 kept getting moved and ended up playing the main stage on Saturday night.  I took one of the band members into town on Saturday night.

Cheers LG, we couldn't find out any info at the event, and according to those in the tent before us there had been no announcement. Oh well! Maybe next time!

I'm still reliving that spiritual moment when Daft Punk were doing "Da Funk" with the fireworks going off over the hill  :003: :003: :003: Who'd have thought I would be in a field at Dores???? Fantastic stuff  :003: :003: :003:

Cheers LG, we couldn't find out any info at the event, and according to those in the tent before us there had been no announcement. Oh well! Maybe next time!

I'm still reliving that spiritual moment when Daft Punk were doing "Da Funk" with the fireworks going off over the hill  :003: :003: :003: Who'd have thought I would be in a field at Dores???? Fantastic stuff  :003: :003: :003:

Unfortunately Alan and I missed the fireworks.  The Daft Punk set was late in starting and therefore late in finishing.  Did you see the encore?

Hope it was the 35 000 each day. Heres hoping it goes from strength to strength. I think the organisers should try and make sure it clashes wi no BIG festivals next year, as may get better artists. I dont think the headliners qualify as the "major international acts" i was lead to believe it may be this year.

I went wearing my Caley top and countless amount of people commented positively on it and kissed the badge etc.

It was an absolute amazing expierience being there - Daft Punk were simply unbelievable!!! The Chemical Brothers and Mark Ronson aswell as the obvious Daft Punk were the highlights of it for me!

Awesome weekend, my highlights were Groove Armada's Get Down and Superstylin', Chemical Brothers; How good were the lasers through the mist BTW?! Also the Brain Machine at the top of the field  :crazy07:  Rockness '08 anyone?

Rosco17 - have you any handy wee links to anyone's sets yet?

Mee, not yet but I am looking.. I will keep you posted!!

What a weekend tho.  Camped the fri, sat and sunday night, it was a weekend never to forget!!!  Chem Bros on the Sat were superb, as were 2 Many Djs, but that was easily topped by the highlight of the weekend, Daft Punk.  Easily the biggest act there, and I think that was quite evident when the Manics (that clashed with D Punk) were playing to an empty main stage - it seemed EVERYONE there was there for Daft Punk, I havent seen Q's like it in my life.  When I arrived to the Clash tent 5 hours before they were due to start, there was easily a q of 5,000 plus people, plus the 10,000 in the tent already!!

Thankfully I got down close to the front, for what was the best 2 hours of my life, what a show!!!!

It was 35,000 each day yes, 70,000 over the 2 days which makes it Scotlands second biggest festival, only behind T IN THE PARK.

Mee.. if you do find Daft Punks set let me kno, and vice versa.  I need to find it!!!!

Gutted its all over for another year.  At least we have T in The Park to look forward to tho!

There are a few wee video clips about, I particularly like these - I've been searching for the crowd singing One More Time, the noisiest crowd participation ever!!!!! No sign of an audio set yet but I'm quite dedicated to finding it! And I've roped in quite a few other folk too, it must be out there somewhere!!! XFM broadcast the Manics set at the time! (WTF?????) but I'm just going to trawl their Listen Again just in case!

Daily Motion

You Tube - Bobby Anderson's page

I NEED MORE THOUGH!!!!!!!!! Can't get Daft Punk out of my head - Daft Punk were playing at my house  :001: (well, nearly  :003:)

Daft Punk :029:

The biggest load of tripe in years, where will they be in twenty years time :sillywave:

What is wrong with people these days, absolutely no taste.

Well 10 years ago they were playing at the Arches in Glasgow so its a good jump to 10000 in a tent with another 15000 packed around it! Maybe if you stick in with the drums in 20 years time you'll still be playing to 10 folk in your living room  :001:

The Daft Punk set was recorded on video (well I suppose it will be DVD these days) I have been promised a copy so I will let you know if such a thing exists.

• 4 weeks later...

Did T in the park on the Sunday, great stuff from Paolo Nutini, this guy has got it all. The Fratellis chelsea dagger had the place bouncing, brilliant, and The Scissor Sisters were just fantastic, what a stage show they put on.