FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hibs Players

12th Man

Paul Hefernan for me. I've also heard a few Hibees say Kevin Thomson is still their best player despite Butcher rarely playing him.

Thomson is not better than the players we have and is also injury prone

I personally think we shouldn't be setting our sights on shopping from a team that haven't been good enought to stay in the Premiership, we need players that are able to work together as a team for each other and not one of their players to me looked like they did that this season not to mention having better technique and ability than our own current crop.

Undoubtedly they will release players but Hearts released better ones and I doubt we will make a move for them so why shop from Hibs?

I personally think we shouldn't be setting our sights on shopping from a team that haven't been good enought to stay in the Premiership

Right enough.  All our current players were first-teamers in the upper echelons of the EPL.  If a team is in the lower leagues, it means there isn't a single player that could go higher, so we should only try to sign players from teams above for a transfer fee we don't have, for wages we can't afford.  Just as we always have.

• Agree 1

Dont think many of the players at HIbs are any better than we have at the moment. The only players I think would add decent competition/back-up for the team would be Stanton and Heffernan

Stanton has a cracking wikipedia page, I wonder if its been doctored :ponder:

Samuel "Sam" Stanton (born 19 April 1994) is a Scottish footballer who plays as a midfielder for Hibernian. He has also previously played for Cowdenbeath and represented Scotland at youth international level. Sam Stanton has a 'God' like playing style which has been compared to footballing greats such as Pele and James Collins. Messi once said when asked his opinion on Neymar, "Neymar? He's *****, just a wannabe Sam Stanton! I could only dream of playing with a player of that caliber! If only I was half as good as him!"

==Early life= it is said when Sam was born he cut his own cord.

From STV:

"the bulk of the squad, including Kevin Thomson and James McPake, have been told they are not going to be retained.

All three goalkeepers Ben Williams, Sean Murdoch and Paul Grant have been told they will not get new contracts, along with Alan Maybury, Bradley Donaldson, Paul Cairney, Tom Taiwo, David Gold, Dean Horribine, McPake and Thomson."

Stanton  is young and therefore "saveable" and able to be tutored without too many bad influences or memories of his stay under T B.

By the way, he is NO relation to the former great Pat Stanton who entertained the Pimple on many a blustery Saturday afternoon at Easter Road long, long ago.

In these days, never in my wildest dreams would I hav thought that Hibs would one day be relegated  and by the infamous former manager of the team I really love - ICT.

If only we knew what lay ahead of us...eh? Reminds me of the  old saw."Wad the guid Lord the gift tae gie us to see oorselves as  ithers see us".

Holey Moley--all I need to do is look in the mirror daily and that tells me all I want to know aboot masel'..... Eh, IHE.?