FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Favourite Scottish song/band.................

Guest Lauraloos

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if I liked those feckers I would never say it in front of Mee  :015 :015: :015: :015: :015:

Only good thing about Runrig is, Donnie Munro used to live near us and his crackeen wife used the same swimming pool as I did :crazy04:

Stone the Crows :music03:

The Senational Alex Harvey Band :music03:

Nazareth :music03:

Primal Scream :music03:

The Skids :music03:

Gun :music03:

The Fratellis :music03:

Maggie Bell :music04:

Bon Scott

Gerry Rafferty

Ian Anderson

Frankie Miller

The fantastic David Byrne of Talking Heads fame

Fish

Mark Knopfler :music05:

Dave Flett :music05:

Angus Young :music05:

Jack Bruce :music05:

Born in Glasgow

Born - 12th August, 1949, Glasgow, Scotland. Mark was seven years old when his family moved to Newcastle-Upon-Tyne in England.

another source:-

Mark Freuder Knopfler, OBE (born August 12, 1949, Glasgow, Scotland) is a British[1] guitarist, singer, and songwriter. His vocal style is best described by the German phrase, Sprechgesang – not quite singing, not quite speaking. His use of guitar has been compared to adding another 'voice' to his songs.

Anyone remember The Bluebells with Young at heart?

Also am not def but didn't brian Connely and Sweet come from Scotland

And who could ever forget that most famous of Scottish groups from right here SUNSHINE - what a load of c**p they were

Born - 5th October 1945, Hamilton, Scotland.

Died - 9th February, 1997.

Glam rocker Brian was vocalist with The Sweet, formed in 1968. The Sweet had several international number 1 singles, including 1973`s Blockbuster.

What about the band Blue (no not those other cnuts  :015:). They were signed to Elton John's Rocket label in the late 70s. A couple of hits with 'Capture Your Heart' and 'Little Jody' and then sank without trace.

I found a 'best of' CD a couple of years ago, and, yes, it was shyt  :015: Anybody want to buy it?

Any of u's remember Skeets Boliver?Michael Marra and brother and a couple of others,had a single out called "Street house door" which was actually s**t house door,but the publisers wouldnae print that!! billed as "The best band ever to play the Four Seasons in Montrose" whit an accolade  :015: