Is Owain Fon Williams so hard you could skate on him?

CaleyMax

Ok well after what I heard and saw yesterday maybe. After a stramash in the box William's clattered his head of the post & the loud metallic ringing sound clearly audible 100M plus away. No surprise he went down, quite surprised he stood up and amazed he played on!. Amazed also at the reaction of some Aberdire supporters who thought it was ok to boo him :redcard:. Did they think he deliberately head-butted the metal post to disrupt play......Aye right! (Thing called Injury time you know). Williams definately harder than the all the Expendables!. Harder than John Yogi Hughes who apparently eats concrete for breakfast??. But Williams didn't take the option of the padded jacket & Bovril & getting out of the Baltic conditions, so fair play fella, hats off!!. :clapping:

261215-ladbrokes-premiership-aberdeen-v-inverness-ct-11504811.jpg

Edited by CaleyMax
Spelling mistake
  • Agree 4

Who? Never heard of him!. Oh Aye the sacked Hibs Manager and sacked Newport County Manager. Last seen some say looking for work at a Burger King in Dudley!! LOL :lol:

Edited by CaleyMax
Only in jest
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Ironic really! I was watching the Vancouver Canucks last night. they were playing  at home to the Edmonton Oilers. The game ended  in a draw on a taut note with Hansen , the Canucks forward , being thrashed into the net at high speed. His forehead hit the top metal crossbar and he was laid low just like Fon with blood all over the place. Carted off with suspected concussion he re-appeared  with his forehead glued up and proceeded to play in overtime (3 players each side on 3.) and scored the winning goal after skating the length of the ice very fast..........unbelievable. In ice hockey the first team to score in overtime wins the game.

Apparently he did not suffer concussion which has been the subject of great controversy in the NHL over the pas 2-3 seasons with huge fines and suspensions now  being given out if head knocks are considered to be deliberate.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Ironic really! I was watching the Vancouver Canucks last night. they were playing  at home to the Edmonton Oilers. The game ended  in a draw on a taut note with Hansen , the Canucks forward , being thrashed into the net at high speed. His forehead hit the top metal crossbar and he was laid low just like Fon with blood all over the place. Carted off with suspected concussion he re-appeared  with his forehead glued up and proceeded to play in overtime (3 players each side on 3.) and scored the winning goal after skating the length of the ice very fast..........unbelievable. In ice hockey the first team to score in overtime wins the game.

Apparently he did not suffer concussion which has been the subject of great controversy in the NHL over the pas 2-3 seasons with huge fines and suspensions now  being given out if head knocks are considered to be deliberate.

It's an interesting point you make SP. I wonder what affect it'll have on the NHL and if there will be a filter-down affect on football. IIRC, there was talk of banning players from heading the ball some time ago. Remember this hit on Paul Kariya SP?  https://youtu.be/lXI2My3OXRE

Edited by TopSix

Top Six,

Sorry I don't remember that one it was a long time ago . That hit on Kariya would have  been viewed in a very poor light nowadays since it does appear very deliberate. The guy who did it would have been suspended nowadays , possibly sine die, and fined very heavily. We had a tough guy on the Canucks  about 4 years ago who deliberately did the same thing to another team's player who ended up in hospital and was unable to play for a very long time thereafter.The offender got roasted --there was actually a multi-million dollar court case when the injured player was well enough to sue him and it cost the toughie dearly. His reputation went  right in the tank and he ended up playing for a less fashionable team etc. The injured player went down like a stone  after his elbow hit him on the head.

I must admit  Hansen's injury was nobody's fault but I was very surprised when re re-appeared from the tunnel to finish the overtime   because I felt for sure he had sustained a concussion.