FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT -V- Aberdeen

Scotty

Sean the Sheep, Dolly the Clone, Mary and her little lamb, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Old MacDonald, Aries, Shepherd’s pie, Shepherds Bush, The National Sheep Association, Mutton dressed as Lamb. Your boys took one hell of a beating tonight. 

A quote from another website.

• Agree 7

Willie Collum gave Aberdeen a late penalty at Pittodrie when the ball was subsequently shown to hit Devine on the chest. Presumably the Aberdeen players appealed too easily!!! And, we certainly remember Considine's push on Foran with 5 minutes to go in the League Cup Final.

We still have a big relegation fight on our hands but that result helped us temporarily. Certainly dented Aberdeen's European Cup dreams for the while. 

Of all the nights to have roadworks on the A96 just east of Tesco, last night was not the best unless you lived locally.  

• Agree 2

Just spent a happy hour or so watching much of the game again.  Obviously it was great watching it live on TV last night, but seeing it again now it comes over much more clearly what a good, solid performance this was.  Everyone played their part.  I was initially disappointed that Raven wasn't playing, but couldn't fault Horner.  There was some pre match talk about the Aberdeen wingers giving our full backs the runaround.  But this didn't happen with Tremarco too having a good game, and a great goal too. (Credit to Collum for overruling the linesman's shocking decision).

We absolutely bossed the midfield, and the running of Storey and Roberts up front gave Aberdeen all sorts of problems.  We were solid at the back too, although the I had my heart in my mouth a couple of times with the short passing between defenders.  But this seems to be our trademark style of play now, and who am I to argue with Hughes's tactics?  He certainly got them right last night.  Good substitution of Roberts with Mutumbo, who looked good in his 10 minutes.  The other two subs were possibly a bit late, but overall a really first class team performance.  Best I've seen in the few games I have managed to see this season.

So we can go into the Celtic game with absolutely no fear, and with every expectation of a positive result.

Onwards and upwards.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Absolutely, national broadcaster has no right to  single out any player from any club, totally unprofessional sour grapes.

To be fair he's a fan of Aberdeen and makes no secret of it. I much prefer that to pundits and journalists who support one or other of the Old Firm but pretend to follow St Mirren or the like.....and, in further fairness to Richard Gordon, he hasin the past made similar comments about Peter Pawlet.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 2

19 hours ago, DonInPeace said:

Afternoon all, not at all looking forward to this game tonight, wouldn't matter if it was at Pittodrie or not, because we always seem to struggle against ICT. I know the game will be won by 1 goal, if it's won at all, and I know it will be a hard earned 3 points for whoever take them. Obviously I hope we can continue to push Celtic on as long as possible and I hope we can get a positive start and grab an early goal, or 2, as I believe we are capable of holding on, seem to have developed a great determination to see games out under McInnes if we get in front. 

Big Draper always bullies us, every game I've seen him play against us, he literally bosses it. I do think the game will be won from midfield tonight, so need to hope McLean and young Storie get to grips early on. Be disappointed if McInnes drops Storie from the 11 due to Jack & Flood returning. He's came in and went about his business very well, so hope he gets the nod. 

Good luck anyway, not too much luck obviously, just good luck. 

P.S IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER.....I know, I know, you want me to jog on or just in general get to f*ck.   

How prophetic :laugh::lol::wave:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

There can be few finer things in life than strolling into your office in Aberdeen when we've just papped the dismals' title dreams. 

Obviously they wuz robbed by Collum, we're diving hammer throwers, it was too cold, we've no fans, etc., etc.

In reality we put in a tremendous performance last night.  I seldom agree with John Sutton but he hit the nail on the head when he contrasted Aberdeen's route one/front-to-back tactics with our cultured passing game.  Aberdeen simply don't know how to handle Draper and Tansey and in every game against us this season have resorted to bypassing the midfield which has yielded an astounding one point out of nine for the "title challengers" (sic). Given we had a somewhat makeshift defence out last night their inability to penetrate it showed them up as the one trick ponies they are. 

Ok, they may be sitting in 2nd place 20 odd points ahead of us but given their finances, history and support that's exactly where they should be sitting in this league.

Amongst several plusses to take from last night I think we could have unearthed another gem in Jordan Roberts, gave the ball away a few times but with him and Miles in tandem we looked pretty potent up top. Let's hope he kicks on.  Add Ryan Williams and Liam Hughes into the equation and we could be on for a decent run through to the end of the season.

I'm away for another wander round the office and a further round of gloating.  Tremendous!

• Agree 11

This is all courtesy of watching the game live on BT - I wasn't in the ground. 

We undoubtedly caught a few breaks last night - and from Collum of all people - but I think we actually deserved that. 

We have finally come from losing the first goal to winning a game for the first time this season, and it looked like we used their goal as motivation, rather than the heads going down as usual.

Gash Taylor was shocking - easily our MoM! I wasn't impressed by Aberdeen, and if they want to play the physical card, fine. That's twice now that they have lost crunch games and are bleating about being bullied. I think it is more a case of lost bottle. Much as I would like there to be a title challenge, I would prefer it not to be provided by those roasters. I wonder if they have to pay extra for hotels for 'crunch' games, because every time they have one, they sh1t the bed!

For the penalty, I am tempted to say "but there was contact, and he was entitled to go down" but it annoys me when other teams do it, so I won't. Aberdeen's claims - I've seen them given, but then again I've seen them not given too. 

Collum was something else. His inconsistency is the only constant. Roberts was booked for standing on Shinnie's foot, but Shinnie got away with the exact same thing later. 

I thought Tremarco looked quite solid at left back, and Horner did ok defensively, but was prone to losing the ball in attack. Devine and Warren were comfortable enough. Vigurs seems to be coming into some form, and is starting to be a nuisance for other teams in midfield. Took his goal well too. Roberts and Storey played well individually, but the partnership didn't quite hit it off - hopefully just needs time. Mutombo looked dangerous when he came on, and gave us that directness we often lack. Draper bossed the midfield. 

Bring on the 'Tic!

• Agree 2

Superb performance. Let's hope we can build on it for the rest of the season. Doninpeace, to give him credit, is right - we would have won with or without the penalty decision, such was our dominance. What the teacup storm obscured was the build up to the decision, with Draper auditioning for the Messi stand-in competition. However, I feel it is only fair to Aberdeen that we do the same to the Glasgow Grasshoppers, and show them how to play the beautiful game.

• Agree 2

Can't remember ever reading a more clueless forum of fans.

We're miles up the table because Hayes and McGinn 80% of the time tear teams apart. Hayes went off early and McGinn is having his usual 3 game lull.

Draper should have been off the pitch by the time he rugby tackled Taylor in the box, which I can't fathom some people here think 'happens all the time'. :lol:

And the big streak of pish's dive (again) killed the game and any half time talk and tactics. 

Someone has said the difference was you were going to do something from the incident :laugh::laugh::laugh: quite possibly but it wasn't a foul in the first place ya halfwit. :lol:

And that Shinnie's wasn't a penalty too. :lol:

Draper 'bossed' the game because he got away with it from an incompetent referee.

3 goals and a man sent off worth of wrong decisions is going to kill any team's motivation and prevent them getting into the game.

Awaiting your big timmy manager rolling over to his beloved side on Saturday.

• Disagree 18

12 minutes ago, Diddy said:

We're miles up the table because Hayes and McGinn 80% of the time tear teams apart. Hayes went off early and McGinn is having his usual 3 game lull.

Draper should have been off the pitch by the time he rugby tackled Taylor in the box, which I can't fathom some people here think 'happens all the time'. :lol:

And the big streak of pish's dive (again) killed the game and any half time talk and tactics. 

Someone has said the difference was you were going to do something from the incident :laugh::laugh::laugh: quite possibly but it wasn't a foul in the first place ya halfwit. :lol:

Draper 'bossed' the game because he got away with it from an incompetent referee.

3 goals and a man sent off worth of wrong decisions is going to kill any team's motivation and prevent them getting into the game.

Cant remember ever reading a more clueless post. Aberdeen had no answer for Draper and Tansy. Aberdeen persisted in punting the ball forward with a hit and hope attitude. Aberdeen had no game plan and no desire to show they deserve to be where they are. Basically Aberdeen were out played.

• Agree 3

28 minutes ago, Diddy said:

What a contrast to the very fair and reasonable Doninpeace. Collum did what Collum does but you were beaten by a far better and more committed team on the night. Dry your eyes and get over it. 'Fans' like you are the reason not everyone on here seems to want the Dons to win the league.

• Agree 6

35 minutes ago, Diddy said:

image.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Diddy said:

Your team sh@t the bed. Just like they do most times they get a chance to live up to their champions elect tag. 

Why do you always get bullied when you lose? 

BTW, Hughes is a hibbie, not a Tim. Lying down to Celtic? That's why we took 4 points off them last season, something your team of underachievers failed to do. Christ, even County got s point off them last season. 

Collum wasn't the reason you lost, but he has provided a convenient excuse for clowns like you. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Diddy said:

and the prize for most bitter post of the year goes to.................

played off the park, Ash Taylor was horrific.

Look forward to you trying to sign our whole team next season,

• Agree 1

Ah Aberdeen.  A place where most of it's inhabitants are colder and greyer than their city itself.

And anyway, who becomes so angry after their team's flopped to a community-feeder-club-with-no-fans that they read the opposition club's forum and when they don't like what's being said, sign up to hurl abuse?  What a sad sad existence they must have.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Diddy said:

tumblr_inline_nkp5nqHrz91t81zdv.jpg

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Alex MacLeod said:

Cant remember ever reading a more clueless post. Aberdeen had no answer for Draper and Tansy. Aberdeen persisted in punting the ball forward with a hit and hope attitude. Aberdeen had no game plan and no desire to show they deserve to be where they are. Basically Aberdeen were out played.

Says something that we were as gash as we could possibly play and you needed 4 match changing decisions in your favour to win the game, only scoring 1 goal that could be said was of your own making via an assist from our player. :lol:

The game totally changed on a dive that is embarrassing to the male gender.

If you don't take anything from this Celtic team you've rolled over for them. They are hopeless.

• Disagree 6

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned and unpinned this topic