FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

It's all Christie's fault...

Harry Chibber

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just caught on to the irony. Yon Hairy Chibber is a crafty wee *******.

Oh .. Alex .. CC admits that he did have the money but decided to stick with the current players.  :023:

Kingsmills - we cannot wait until half way throught the season.  :020:

CJ07 - I have already said that Mikey - and Rory - have massive potential but they have been rushed and that can affect their confidence and footballing maturity.

I AM RELIABLY INFORMED THAT CC WILL BE GONE IN THE SUMMER.  :001:

second  set of 11 games - DDLLDLLLDWL

1 win - Rangers

4 draws - St Mirren, Aberdeen, Hearts, Dunfermline

6 defeats - Hibs, Celtic, Motherwell, Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock, Falkirk

7 points

third set of 11 games - WDWLLLWLL??

3 wins - St Mirren, Hibs, Dundee Utd

1 draw - Aberdeen

5 defeats -  Celtic, Hearts, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Dunfermline

10 points

2 games left - Rangers & Falkirk

17 points from our last 20 games, yet many on here believe that over this period we've been playing well and ended up plain unlucky..  including cc himself.

if we get relegated (easily on that form next term, especially with the squad changes) then itll take us another 10 years to come back into the spl, who here is prepared for that?  will  cc ever be aportioned with any of the blame from the likes harry chibber, man4thejob, alex macleod etc should it?

as has been said by the man himself, scottish football is changing (when is it not) and if we dont have the right people in charge to keep us safe then we'll be the ones suffereing for it.  the lower leagues are a total mess; no sponsor, tv money, no agreement on the format of the leagues even and we are alot closer than anybody on here realises to being part of it

....mod just to add - 

..and that is the real price of cc failing as a manager, not a poor 11th place finish, losing a couple players/signing a couple bad ones, getting knocked out of the cup early maybe...  hiring an inexperienced manager and trusting him with squad rebuilding and a healthy budget is too huge a gamble for me

Dividing up the season into chunks of games and then using this to 'prove' points is not a serious way to analyse performance.  I don't think anyone could argue that we had a terrible run of form in the middle of the season, going nine games without a win in between beating Falkirk and Rangers.  However, outwith this period we have done alright this season.  We are, at the moment, a side who are aiming for challanging for a top six spot whilst looking to maintain our distance from the bottom of the table.  Charlie may have failed to get us into the top six, but he has steered us clear of relegation, barring miraculous a turnaround. 

Since we got into the SPL we have been an 'up and down' team - we barely totted up any points before November in our first season then went on a run and fell back again after the split.  In our second season we had a good run of games but managed to last until a third of the way through the season to win at home.  This season we have put together good performances and results but have had poor runs, mainly the period towards the end of 2006 where we didn't win for nine games.

However, I do share some of the concerns regarding Charlie, especially the way he has apparently reacted to this defeat.  It was a terrible result but to apparently throw about talk of quitting the club isn't the way to motivate players.  As said previously on this thread rebuilding the team over the summer will be of vital importance.  We are sure to lose our captain and our leading goalscorer with others possibly leaving as well.  To do this with an inexperienced manager is a risk especially as we hear talk about improving salaries etc.  If we are saddled with expensive duds and go down it could be a disaster for the club.

If we only lose Dargo and Dods we need to bring in at least 2/3 defenders and a new striker.  As I said somewhere (might even be on this thread  :015: ) Hibs paid £100,000 for Rob Jones and got a fantastic defender, captain and leader.  There are bargains out there if you look hard enough - even Paatelinan and Rankin from the lower leagues seem to have done pretty well.

Good post Chris but have to add that the levels of fitness have dropped markedly, the team spirit - apart from the big games where motivation is seldom needed - has noticeably dwindled and I have rarely seen the fans so disgruntled. I really am aware that there are major splits in the playing staff.

Dividing up the season into chunks of games and then using this to 'prove' points is not a serious way to analyse performance.

depends on the chunks .... I agree that posting the last 6 or a set of 6 from anywhere you choose might be manipulated to suit the result you want to achieve in your point. However, splitting it into 3 groups of 11 is realistic enough ... its one game against each of our divisional opponents and then another set of 11 games against the same opponents and another etc etc etc.

Dividing up the season into chunks of games and then using this to 'prove' points is not a serious way to analyse performance.

depends on the chunks .... I agree that posting the last 6 or a set of 6 from anywhere you choose might be manipulated to suit the result you want to achieve in your point. However, splitting it into 3 groups of 11 is realistic enough ... its one game against each of our divisional opponents and then another set of 11 games against the same opponents and another etc etc etc.

Maybe but you could pick eleven consecutive games from any point and make judgements on that. 

Maybe but you could pick eleven consecutive games from any point and make judgements on that. 

you could pick any quantity or any set of consecutive games, but 11 games - 1 game against each team - is a pretty fair indication as it doesnt exclude any teams or have more than one game against any team.

I go back to my original post and say that 5 defeats in the last 6 league games is a poor run of results for any team.  Considering that in the previous last 12 seasons we have seen year on year improvement it is disappointing that despite beating the Huns twice we seem to have gone back this season.  Okay so we have been unlucky with injuries to Denzil, Dargo and Royston but we do seem to be suffering from not strengthening the squad in the January window.

I go back to my original post and say that 5 defeats in the last 6 league games is a poor run of results for any team.  Considering that in the previous last 12 seasons we have seen year on year improvement it is disappointing that despite beating the Huns twice we seem to have gone back this season.  Okay so we have been unlucky with injuries to Denzil, Dargo and Royston but we do seem to be suffering from not strengthening the squad in the January window.

Plus tactical mistakes that cost us a Scottish Cup Semi Final and the possibility of a Top Six finish. And that means many spondoolachs - especially if we drift down to 10th as looks likely.

telepathetic more like  :014:

Says the teletubby  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

Plus tactical mistakes that cost us a Scottish Cup Semi Final and the possibility of a Top Six finish. And that means many spondoolachs - especially if we drift down to 10th as looks likely.

It only takes a game to go back up to 7th. I think there will be a lot of ups and downs before the end of the season.