• Gary Locke
    • Scott Brown
    • Kevin Thompson
    • Ian McCall
    • Garry Warren
    • Ross Tokely
    • Jim McIntyre
    • Someone else

Well that appointment took everyone by surprise,but fair play I think this appointment is what ICT need.Enough of all the excuses,now big Dunc will sort the men from the boys. I agree a 3 year contract is strange but if I was him that's what I would ask for to get time and stability to sort the mess we are in out.

However funny to see club statement say they hope supporters will get behind Dunc.We will,but why dont the club now look inward at themselves review procedure and process and engage properly with fans. This divide cannot continue.

SG jacket still on a shouglie peg but I doubt he ain't going anywhere.

Maybe he has just saved his skin,but he needs to look at how he is running the club.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

17 minutes ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

SG jacket still on a shouglie peg but I doubt he ain't going

Maybe he has just saved his skin,but he needs to look at how he is running the club.

A bold managerial decision doesn't change anything, even with an upturn in results. All the same questions around finances, top heavy structure and dismissive attitude towards fans all remain.

Whether Dodds & Wilson has been paid off or getting paid we have now an outlay on a new managerial team on a long deal plus retaining our DoF. Even if we stay up this year financially we not strengthening so big worry if we drop to the seaside leagues.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• tm4tj changed the title to Duncan Ferguson & Who was in the running

Oh no - one of my footballing heroes who I idolised from the Gladwys Street. There were a lots of side issues at Forest Green and he was lauded as a coach at Everton. But this is an expensive ploy by Gardener. "Ambitious Club".  CEO has sprung a big surprise and some would say 'coup', putting him in a strong position for the now. Will also say that three years gives him the time to get us back into the Premiership.Good excuse to keep Robbo as he will say that he will advise about Scottish football. Dunc is a very approachable and open guy and I look forward to having a wee chat. Oh I want him to succeed but I am far from confident and we need to know where the spondoolicks came for this move. We may now have one of the most expensive hierarchies in Scotland and the least expensive player budget.

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

• Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

If we've got money to bring in a big name manager, and money to bring in more loan players, then why was it not available for Dodds?

If they didn't trust Dodds to spend it wisely, then why give him a new 2 year deal?

If we believed there is more ability in the squad than they've shown and it just needed a little more time, why sack Dodds?

As has been the case since Gardiner was appointed, every action leaves us with more questions than answers.

• Well Said 2
  • Thoughtful 2
  • Facepalm 1

Think I am being harsh on Dunc. 

His temporary stint at Everton was actually pretty impressive. 

After a run of poor form that got Marco Silva sacked he did this starting with Chelsea game. 

image.thumb.png.a80e72b8fa9409939879de879a821a00.png

And just to put the context here's where those teams finished that season.

image.thumb.png.372dc9506c9dca0bc6c8e3eea1fb0089.png

In Dunc we trust. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, STFU said:

If we believed there is more ability in the squad than they've shown and it just needed a little more time, why sack Dodds?

I don’t think anybody (except Dodds) was saying it just needed more time. The club’s decision was based on them concluding that a different manager could get more out of the squad and better results than Dodds was getting.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Well Said 2

11 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I don’t think anybody (except Dodds) was saying it just needed more time. The club’s decision was based on them concluding that a different manager could get more out of the squad and better results than Dodds was getting.

And if there was any decrease in the effort of the squad, in anyway, due to the rumours of rifts  between Dodds and some of the team, a new coach with new ideas will press reset, and everyone will start with a clean slate. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Fairly standard new manager speech. Talks the talk well and comes across with enthusiasm. I too have slept on my earlier thoughts and I still have my doubts. We certainly needed a change that is for sure. Whether this is the right one remains to be seen. Good luck to him, the club and, perhaps more importantly, the bank balance. 

56 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Feck me - get the orange tops ironed and play God save the King before kick off. 3 year contract? Have we found an anonymous backer ?

Play that dirge once and I am out of here. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic