FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Airdrie @ home March2024

tm4tj

17 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

One concern is not just the additional defenders but that they seem to be no help at our set pieces and haven't introduced any additional ariel threat during our limited opportunities in the opposite box. The quality of crossing doesn't help but why are we crowding the goal line rather than having runners into the 6 yard box to attack the ball?

Totally agree. It's the same with not keeping at least one man up the park  when the opposition had a corner. All that does is that if we clear the ball, it's going to come right back into us and also invites more opposition players into our box. Basic basic tactics that Ferguson needs to see and change.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 3
  • Funny 1

11 hours ago, ymip said:

Usual 3hr drive to game, 90 joylesss minutes of football, fifty quid parking ticket, 3 hr drive home. See y'all same time next week for more of the same dross. 

TBF we’ve been well warned about not parking on the verge.

However, I wish the same attention was paid to parking on double yellow lines on the road at full time as cars park to pick people up. It is a hazard and causes chaos. 

• Well Said 3

59 minutes ago, Robert said:

TBF we’ve been well warned about not parking on the verge.

However, I wish the same attention was paid to parking on double yellow lines on the road at full time as cars park to pick people up. It is a hazard and causes chaos. 

Can’t see what anybody can do except move them on and they’ll just move along the road a bit. Surely they’re not parking, just waiting which is different ?

Btw I picked up a £100 fine (reduced to £50) at Tannadice this season. They’ve set up an exclusion zone around the two stadia on match days as residents were complaining. So watch out for the signage when we’re back there on the 23rd.

• Thank You 1

On 3/10/2024 at 10:41 AM, old caley girl said:

If I was a conspiracy theorist I'd wonder why the Council parking attendants made an appearance yesterday? 

They appeared also to be aware that there were potentially rich pickings from a large crowd at the Half Marathon and were booking people there - including, apparently, in the Archive Centre car park.

• Well Said 1
  • angry 1

I wonder how many of the several dozen (or more) drivers who don't park at the stadium to save themselves giving a fiver to the club have been writing to councillors demanding they back a project required to support the club because they're broke?

• Well Said 2
  • Thoughtful 1

38 minutes ago, STFU said:

I wonder how many of the several dozen (or more) drivers who don't park at the stadium to save themselves giving a fiver to the club have been writing to councillors demanding they back a project required to support the club because they're broke?

Not the same thing at all. I  don't park at the stadium because I think £5 is ridiculous and also getting out of the casr park can be time consuming.  It's also easier for me to get home by parking in the Longman.

Happy to give the club money buying food, merchandise etc but draw the line at paying £90 minimum  a season for parking. 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Not the same thing at all. I  don't park at the stadium because I think £5 is ridiculous and also getting out of the casr park can be time consuming.  It's also easier for me to get home by parking in the Longman.

Happy to give the club money buying food, merchandise etc but draw the line at paying £90 minimum  a season for parking. 

Agreed. My thoughts exactly..

• Sad 1

Tbh they should be closing stadium road between the roundabout and along to under the bridge except for official car parking, disabled and bus access. The speed cars pass both before and after matches with pedestrians about its got to be luck nobody has been injured or worse.

• Well Said 1

29 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Tbh they should be closing stadium road between the roundabout and along to under the bridge except for official car parking, disabled and bus access. The speed cars pass both before and after matches with pedestrians about its got to be luck nobody has been injured or worse.

Or better yet, improve the shuttle service. Absolute mystery whether it runs prior to the match and quite a lot of the time the bus back is rammed. Advertise it better, make it more frequent and increase capacity then we won't have to deal with being sat for donkeys trying to get out and people won't need to risk getting flattened on the walk back.

The car parks fine as is (well, for its intended purpose anyway, not the condition of it), but everyones become overly reliant on it because, like most places in the HC area, the bus service is hoaching and/or overpriced.

• Agree 1

On the parking issue, on a fine day I park away, legally, from the Stadium and enjoy the craic on the way back to my car and, by then the traffic is easier and the way home is less stressful.   On wet or dire/dreich days I park in the home car park, go early, chose my space carefully (avoiding potholes, puddles etc) and pay my £5 to support ICT Community Trust and the great work Craig and all his associates do, which is largely not advertised.  It’s no great deal to wait in a queue to go home whilst listening to drivel on radio Scotland! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

37 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Partick Thistle v Raith Rovers live on BBC Scotland now.

Rovers currently one up, Partick now only 9 points and 5 goals better off than us. Certainly gives Morton some hope.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Satan said:

Rovers currently one up, Partick now only 9 points and 5 goals better off than us. Certainly gives Morton some hope.

Gives us some hope if we can start scoring goals at home :hiding:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Partick Thistle v Raith Rovers live on BBC Scotland now.

Poor and lethargic first half. Second was better. I though PT were unfortunate not to grab a last minute point.  

• tm4tj unpinned this topic