FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rory

L_G

Rory can be gash and he can be great! My theory is he plays best when he's thrown onto the park unexpectedly as per the Celtic match so maybe its down to nerves? Whatever, I have seen his potential, he just doesn't show it very often  :001:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no question that Rory has talent and the potential to become a important player for ICT.  His performance against Celtic underlined the fact that he's got the ability.  On the other hand he was very poor playing for the reserves last week; he did not look interested; he didn't chase for any ball and his control was appalling.  Maybe playing for the reserves is below him but if he does not buck up his ideas then he will not mke it with.

Ally McCoist - one of the best strikers in Europe at his prime. Kenny Miller - an international who has played in the Premiership.  Paul McStay - played for 15 years at the highest level and couldhave signed for Inter Milan if he wasn't a doe-eyed Celtic fan.

Maybe not the best comparisons for Rory, who is an inexperienced youngster trying to make it in the SPL.  No pressure Rory  :014:

Guest caley_jaggie

I agree, we should put him out on loan to a 1st or 2nd division side, even it's just for half a season.  This would alow him to gain some vital experience if he was playing regular first team football for one of the lower league teams.

Backroom staff should be more aware of a players potential than any spectator but it is annoying for us if it is not happening on the day.

Mackie, at Aberdeen, still 'enjoys' the boo boys when he is playing and he has now produced the goods on the park but he did have a fallow time.  I have yet to meet a Dons fan with a good word to say about him but his manager keep his belief in him.

Maybe, as he is a bit younger than Mackie, the boo boys are getting to our Rory. If you are under additional pressure, whither it be a driving test or a written exam, I defy anyone to produce a performance that compares with your natural ability.

Maybe he just needs someone else to be the target for the boo boys and give him peace to produce.

I still think he is two seasons away from the maturity he needs to be a good striker. Rooney, since he was mentioned, was born mature, in my opinion!

Backroom staff should be more aware of a players potential than any spectator but it is annoying for us if it is not happening on the day.

Mackie, at Aberdeen, still 'enjoys' the boo boys when he is playing and he has now produced the goods on the park but he did have a fallow time.  I have yet to meet a Dons fan with a good word to say about him but his manager keep his belief in him.

Maybe, as he is a bit younger than Mackie, the boo boys are getting to our Rory. If you are under additional pressure, whither it be a driving test or a written exam, I defy anyone to produce a performance that compares with your natural ability.

Maybe he just needs someone else to be the target for the boo boys and give him peace to produce.

I still think he is two seasons away from the maturity he needs to be a good striker. Rooney, since he was mentioned, was born mature, in my opinion!

To be honest i've never heard anyone actually boo Rory, that is a bit over the top, however maybe Rory can get affected by the pressure to do well from within, ie the gremlins.. he make one mistake and the head goes down, thus the confidence takes a big hit.

He should be loaned out..for his own good.

Read yesterday in the paper that he pulled out of the Scotland Under 20 squad for last nights game....

... then saw him in Sainsburys in Aberdeen after i finished work. Hmm....

Guest kingkojak

:015:

everybody wants strikers who can get 15 a season. id be happy if rory could get half that amount...  that at least would put him on par with bayne

None of our strikers have scored or most likely will score 15 goals this season.

Dargo got more than that last season but certainly not going to happen a lot of the time while we are in the SPL. I think most teams in the bottom half will have a top marksmen who gets them around 10 - 15 goals max. a season. Sutton at St. Mirren must be close to that kind of area of scoring along with say Dargo.

Whats this nonsense that there arent enough Scotland under 20s strikers and thats the only reason Rory gets in.

I've read european reports that consider this bunch of players one of the better under 20 teams in the world (meaning they'll bow out 1st round)

And the strikers are there. so if rory can get in, he must be doing something right.

Give him time. Its not easy playing for a lower SPL team where chances are more scarce, especially when your only other experience is reserve and under 19 level etc where the pace is much slower.

Perhaps farming him out to a 2nd or even third division team would do him the world of good. It worked for both Miller and Riordan (Cowdenbeath) and the current scotland no1, Andy Webster started at that level, Dargo was at Raith, Wyness developed at ICT as did Mark Brown and Barry Robson at us and before that in the 2nd before moving to become Dun Utd (ok his career has went downhill :blah01:)

But there is no point in booing him no matter how bad he is. I doubt it will make him play better.

I wouldn't say he's been unlucky, he just lacks that final touch or his bottle goes.  Both things that will hopefully come with experience.  However, at this level time is not a luxury we can afford to give too much of and it may be in his best interests to get a season or half season under his belt elsewhere in order for him to get that aspect of his game sorted.

He has the potential IMO, he's just struggling to produce it when it matters - would be annoying to see him shipped out permanently only to see him come good and for us to regret the decision.

This obvious loan move would be to Elgin or Ross County, either of which i think would benefit the boy. However, with this under 21 players in the squad rule, he might be resigned to another season of coming on from the bench.

If he started banging in some goals (all be it against lesser opposition), his confidence would improve, something that most people here have commented upon. It'll also give him the chance to see what happens to those players who have fallen from grace, or not quite made the grade: e.g. John Paul Mcbride from Celtic to released from a 3rd division SFL team within 5/6years.

Hopefully he is taking the chance to do extra training with some of the other lads that take part, i.e. Rankin, Markus & Bazza etc.

He was direct when he came on and one effort from range was only a couple of feet wide, I also say well done Rory, you have to be in it to win it, no one complained when Dargo got the deflected goal against Well, was it.

sorry, typing too quick, the stewards have annoyed me.