FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

you lot should be ashamed of yourselves!!

Guest kingkojak

Guest kingkojak

that was the most pathetic excuse for an away support i have ever witnessed!  

the only people who made any noise at all where a 12 year old lad called alex, an older guy from beauly called toni and my friend and i. 

well done to those people for putting the effort in to generate some atmosphere..   

the rest of you would have been as well sitting with the arabs!

So it was you teaching old men and children to sing "We don't give a feck..."  :015: :015: :015:

I was singing as well. So that was probably six of us. Toni was class  :022: but it WAS dire for an away support. We used to be SO much noisier...

I saw a few ICT tops in the Gretna end at Victoria Park yesterday - and probably quite a few more of us were in the County end. Why would you waste a beautiful sunny Saturday travelling to Dundee and back to watch a meaningless end of season game of football when you've got the most exciting game for years (Gretna had to win to go up, County had to win to stay up) just up the road?

Guest kingkojak

sorry chris  - missed the plural - was supposed to read as friends!

chris123 and his wee mate petey joined in as well. :004:

but

I saw a few ICT tops in the Gretna end at Victoria Park yesterday - and probably quite a few more of us were in the County end. Why would you waste a beautiful sunny Saturday travelling to Dundee and back to watch a meaningless end of season game of football when you've got the most exciting game for years (Gretna had to win to go up, County had to win to stay up) just up the road?

:017: :017: :017:

not every ICT fan is fortunate to live in the sneck!

the people i knew at the game all live in dundee / aberdeen :007:  

DBS, you are sadly right on the ball with your comment.  Unfortunately that is the current state of affairs with regards the SPL at the moment and unless you are involved in a battle at the top for a European slot or fighting to avoid relegation then the post split matches mean very little.  Not all ICT fans (and same applies to all clubs) are die-hards and given the option of spending at least £60 for a trip to a meaningless game in Dundee or going along to see C*unty relegated/saved from relegation and spending half of that will be a no-brainer.

I'm sure the situation was the same for many teams yesterday who's fans didn't bother travelling and instead opted to do something less expensive, be that an alternative, more local match or some other activity.

Until such time as the SPL wake up to the fact that the whole system needs a shake up - from a larger more competitive league to the pricing structure at individual clubs - then the situation will only get worse year on year.

Of all the people who I saw on the Sat who go to games, nobody was going to Dundee, I remember travelling through to Pitodrie every two weeks when we groundshared and I always thought the crowd was good then. Perhaps it was the novelty of SPL footie. MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!