FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The pre-season friendly no-one predicted

Report in today's "Herald":

"Inverness Caledonian Thistle are in talks over a pre-season friendly against Qatar. Charlie Christie's side have been approached by Errea, their Italian kit manufacturer, over the possibility of playing the Middle Eastern nation during next month's week-long trip to Italy."

Qatar's current Fifa world ranking: 83. 8 places below Wales, 11 above Canada.

old news ..... Errea are trying to organise it as both ICT and Qatar will be in Italy .... the stumbling block appears to be the venue for it as the two teams are several hours apart from each other.

with Errea organising it, I expect it to be a 3am kickoff on the 33rd of November  :015:

now thats just cruel :33:. i finally get my self in the right place to see an away match (qatar) and they are not even going to play it there. mind you might just have to see if i can do a little bit of scouting for charlie while im here :014: :sillywave:

Guest TinCanFan

What teams are ICT playing in Italy? Do we even stand a chance against teams like Parma and Liverno even though they are fairy low in Serie A.

What teams are ICT playing in Italy? Do we even stand a chance against teams like Parma and Liverno even though they are fairy low in Serie A.

I doubt we will play anything other than 'local' sides - the senior leagues wont have returned from end of season break when ICT are there.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TinCanFan

It says in today's courier that ICT are trying to arrange a game in Italy against a Romanian and a team thought to be the under 21 Qatar side which means that it may not be them. 

It'll be Serie D sides I imagine, as the Italian season only finished a few weeks ago and doesn't kick off again until late august/early september so pre-season won't e near starting.

And we would get humped by lower placed Serie A teams as well as the majority of Serie B teams as well I'd imagine.