FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Broken Toe

big man

Funnily enough.. a friend of a mate was at casualty a week ago... his name?  Graham Bain,    The nurse called out over the intercom for Graham Bain to come forward, and two guys arrived at the window... aye, the other was Graham Bayne.

Dont know what he was there for but it might be connected...

However the Rory factor may be getting closer  :029: :029: :029:

Completely agree.  What does Caley100 get out of slagging a young player that has come through the ranks? McAllister has not had the luxury of learning his trade at a lower level like Bayne, Wyness and Dargo. He scores for fun in the reserves. He needs a spell on loan somewhere. Give the kid a break.

Well.. everyone has an opinion, mine is that Rory has not got what it takes to be a success at this level.

I may be proved wrong, i cant see what CC see's in him, but then i'm not a football manager just an ICT fan who likes to watch good football in Inverness.

Agree.

I'd love nothing more than for Rory to make me eat my words, but to be honest I can't see it happening. He's simply not good enough.

And all this 'he's young, lots to learn' etc.....well, this'll be his 3rd season playing regularly at this level, and in my opinion he hasn't improved at all. Look back through the pre-season reports just now and see how many games Rory was involved in, and see how many 'we failed to convert the numerous chances we created' type comments there are.

From what I've seen, the boy Wood looks like he has far more potential than Rory.

C100/Strathman ..... I kind of agree with both of you .....

Rory has had plenty of chances in the first team but other than one game against Celtic has not shone too brightly. Is it nerves, is it confidence, is it negative vibes from the crowd ? I dont know. For that reason alone, I can see how C100 and others might write him off.

On the other hand, he was highly regarded a season or two ago (by people outwith ICT) and supposed to be the next superstar. Some in the game obviously think he still has the potential otherwise he might not have got called up to the Scotland U20s prior to the World Cup. Ok he didnt make it into the final squad and those that did come over here played terribly, but the fact of the matter is that there are plenty of people who have seen what he can do in training/reserves and regard him highly for that reason. for some reason it just hasnt translated well into the SPL.

The solution .... I tend to agree that we should be looking to send him out on loan to a side where he might score goals .... As he is an Aberdeen lad, perhaps Peterhead ? 6 months under Pele's wing and he may come back a better player in the same way that Barry Robson did when he was sent to Forfar .....

If the reports of Bayne breaking his toe are true he won't be going anywhere. Rory and Wyness will be our 1st choice strike force :010: Saying that I'd rather see Wood play ahead of McAllister

We have so many midfielders now that could always play with Wyness up front with Barry or Richie in an attacking midfield role behind him ..... stick Zander on the right for Barry.

We have so many midfielders now that could always play with Wyness up front with Barry or Richie in an attacking midfield role behind him ..... stick Zander on the right for Barry.

Possibly could turn out to be a good formation after all our midfield are good at attacking and crossing so all you need is 5 attackers to plant 1 pinpoint pass to Wyness and the ball will be in the back of the net. Saying that, most midfielders in the squad have showed us last season that they can score from outside the box... so yeah 4-4-1-1 is a good possibility. IMO Richie would be the best option for AMC

When I saw Rory in the pre Under -20 warm-up games in Vancouver here in Canada I got the impression that he lacked drive and aggression.i.e. determination.

Very tall and strong young man but seemed to wait around for the ball to be delivered to him. Yet when he did have shots on goal they were  hard rockets--pity  most of them  flew over the bar or past the side netting.

Do you think he is so tall that it is hard for him to be speedy off his mark and therefore he might tend to think that there is not much point in his tackling aggressively.

The truth is  that on the one game that I saw it probably is not fair to come down hard on him or indeed any player. But if he doesn't get mucked in somehow I think it will not be good for him or the club.

:024:

Completely agree.  What does Caley100 get out of slagging a young player that has come through the ranks? McAllister has not had the luxury of learning his trade at a lower level like Bayne, Wyness and Dargo. He scores for fun in the reserves. He needs a spell on loan somewhere. Give the kid a break.

You are aware that he didn't come through the ranks and in fact came from Aberdeen?

What is happening our team is falling apart,  can we play the pre season friendlies with our team wrapped in cotton wool to stop any injury that could happen?  If they are going to do any DIY in the home this should be discouraged and all trademen should drop business cards into the TC stadium pronto.

I am sure that if Baynes toe is broken well we wish him a speedy recovery......

the players picked for the first match will do a brilliant job why must everyone be so negative before the season even starts.

Yes but I would say two seasons in the youth team then getting is pretty much "through the ranks" . No.

Only if you wish to seriously dilute the meaning of the phrase "coming through the ranks".

Guest eliza

Anybody got any idea which toe?  Poor Bayney - big toe, little toe, which?

Nobody seeming to care, only going on about who will replace him in the team - be kind, think of his toe!