FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Club Nickname

Guest rolledupnewspaper

Guest rolledupnewspaper

We quite often see the team called Caley or Thistle and the full name is a bit of a mouthful. Taking the first 2 letters from Caley and the last 4 from Thistle gives Inverness Ca'stle.

No offense, but Inverness Castle is the stupiest idea for a nick name I have ever heard.  Do we need a nick name really?  I quite like being referred to as the Caley Jags, which I take as our nick name.  Though I suppose:

The Crofters

The Great Washed

Ballistics (I quite liked that one)

The Northmen (although we aren't the most Northern club)

That wee small diddy team that somehow manages to survive and beat those so called big teams week in week out.

Agree with Yngwie there - sitting down to discuss a new nickname is all a bit contrived.

"Caley" has become the shortened name by which the media refer to the team and if that's how it goes, so be it. I also like "Caley Jags", even "Thistle", which pop up now and again.

My favourite though, has to be when the media refer to us as "the Highlanders".

I remember at the time of the merger thinking that Inverness Ca'stle may have been a good quirky official name for the team, inoffensive to both sets of supporters and perhaps the subject of many a sports trivia quiz in years to come, but another part of me thought it rather naff!

The C'astle may not be appropriate since after the 0 - 3  "doing" today by Rangers can you honestly say that there is a Fortress Longman still in place?

Time to draw up the portcullis to regroup and repair the parapet crenellations before we rename the team :004:

Guest paynis69

how about the bridge men

or the bridge-a-deirs  :rotflmao:

how about we merge bridge and catlse to make ......... the BRASTLE or BRISTLE  :crazy07:

or merge caley, thistle, castle and bridge to make ............. CALTHATLEDGE  :021: :021: :021:

For a long time I have thought we should align ourselves with Crystal Palace - similar shirts and similar logo with the eagle, wings outspread over the ball/globe.  So why not 'The Eagles'?

Better than the staggies!  Different to all the other Scots teams!  And easy to chant/sing about.

Eagle army!!!  Eagle army!!!

now that we are in the SPL it seems from newspaper/media reports that our 'name' tends to be Inverness or Inverness CT and our nickname is any one of Caley, Thistle, or Caley Thistle

agree with others that say a nickname develops ..... on the club info page we list the nickname as "Caley Jags"

Guest kingkojak

i have never liked that stupid Icat mascot thing - much prefer nessy.  but the Icats could be a nickname (perhaps not a very good one - but a nickname none the less)