FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Manager

Scotty

Of the candidates to emerge so far, who would you go for [more names may be added and you CAN change your vote]  

516 members have voted

1. 1.

• Brewster
    • Warnock
    • Malpas
    • Robertson
    • Pressley
    • Coyle

I actually like Warnock. According to the skysports site.........he has wanted to manage in scotland at some point as he has relations up here. Also his wife has allegedly stated a wish to live up here. SURELY.......he is aware that we are a small club etc so wouldnt be able to put together the best deal ever in the world

As i put on another thread somewhere along the line......money isnt everything, quality of life, cost of living etc also should be taken into consideration. And Inverness is apparently among the top 10 highest living standards in UK

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted something similar on the "Brewster Vs Warnock" thread, but I strongly favour Warnock because of an impressive record at a number of "smaller" clubs and because I think, having come up through the physically demanding lower leagues in England, he must really prioritise fitness.

Also - although some may just see him as a loudmouth - in his interviews he seems intelligent, funny and charismatic. Maybe our players could do with being confronted with that sort of personality to bring out their self-belief and fighting qualities a bit more. Most of our previous managers have seemed pretty taciturn and lacking a bit in character.

Warnock was at Sheffield Utd when the stories were going around about David Sutherland and his connections there.  I think Charlie and a couple of others also went down there to take a look at the setup, so I think Warnock will have a fair idea of what is involved up here and what he is putting his name forward for.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Quality!

I wanted Warnock before, but I definitely want him as manager now. A bit of passion that's what we need.

I think if we did get Warnock we would get a great high profile manager, who talks sense and is passionate about what he does.

My wishlist would be:

1. Warnock (by far and away my 1st choice)

2. Pressley (would at least be good as a player)

3. Coyle (if we could get him for nothing if not would be my last choice)

4/5. Brewster and Robbo (can't really decide between the 2)

6. Paterson

7. Please not Malpas (ok, he is out of work but there is a reason for that - he is a crap manager and is about exciting as watching paint dry)

The one thing which will be a deciding factor in any management appointment is that the new man must be in place in a matter of days due to the closure of the transfer window.

The squad needs attention, the lack of defensive cover is astonishing,while we could almost field an entire team consisting of midfield players!

In theory Brewster ( if he has a release clause ) and Warnock ( jobless) could be in place by Saturday, I think it is

more likely to be Brewster.

But whoever it is, there is a big job ahead, we need to start playing to our strengths again and that is by REALISING our limitations.

Guest Clare Crook

I agree that Brewster could be good as we could get a few games out of him......... but him and Robo left us in the lurch to follow their dreams, which I do respect............... but including above and the rest, we need dedication for the club, are they prepared to settle during the season in Inverness ? Or will they chase the dream and once again use ICT as a steping stone and move on................. My fav is Owen Coyle, NOT Malpas...... please !!!! :

Warnock would certainley be an interesting choice.  But I think he would fal into the same category as Pressley,  Coyle and any body else from the central belt,  How long would they stay.  Turn things nicely around by Christmas and be away by January for a so called bigger (my heart tells me I have to go) Team.

Both Robertson & Brewster now Know that the grass is not nearly as green on the other side and would probably show the club some commitment to the future.

How about we sign them both.  Robertson for his tactics,  Brewster for his fitness and the odd goal he could still give us.

Anyway all null and void the Brewster one is a done deal!!!!

And..............Warnock was up here last year wi Sheff Utd

No he wasn't.  He resigned from Sheffield Utd in May and the team were up here in July.

yes he was I remember seeing him. he didn't resign till this may and they came up last july

Don't be so sure that Warnock would go soon after arriving.

I say send the Cessna down to wherever he is and strong-arm him onto the plane. And enjoy the ride. !!

I am jealous of CaleyD 's brains and common sense but I just loved his post so...... praise where praise is due, sigh. :012: :004:

Please...no more of this "lets not consider so and so because they might leave in the future"

Your all living with your head up your erse if you believe that Brewster, Robbo, Pele or any other manager is less likely to leave for a better offer at some point in the future.  We do not, and it will be a long time before we ever do, have the financial clout to keep any successful manager at the club in the long term.

Even Charlie who was seen as a "long-term" and "safe" appointment has called it a day (albeit under different circumstances).  Their is no such thing as a sure thing in football, you just have to make the best of what is available when it is available.  To pass up on an opportunity like Warnock because we're scared he may leave in the future is ridiculous beyond belief.

This was posted on BBC webiste on August 8th about Warnock

Neil Warnock has given himself until Christmas to find a job that will tempt him back into football.

Warnock quit as Sheffield United boss after their relegation from the Premier League at the end of last season.

He told BBC Five Live: "I didn't want to rush into the first job that came along. I've had chats with a couple of clubs and it didn't feel right.

"If I don't get the right job offer before Christmas, I'll go back to Cornwall and do my media work."

P.S Who voted for Malpas?  :rotflmao:

And..............Warnock was up here last year wi Sheff Utd

No he wasn't.  He resigned from Sheffield Utd in May and the team were up here in July.

yes he was I remember seeing him. he didn't resign till this may and they came up last july

How long does it take you to reply?  I removed my post about 15 minutes ago after realising my error  :015:

if we can get warnock we should bloody grab him. the guy is a class act as a manager and serious entertainment value to boot. would almost be worth moving seats to the main stand just to watch his antics.

he will take absolutely no crap from anyone, must have some real decent contacts and will get the players winning or else

Okay Warnock would be a big name to bring to ICT and to be honest I think that's about all.  I can't see our squad of players responding to his management style.  He would almost certainly want to bring in his own backroom team which could add to the cost.  I believe that he would use it only as a stepping stone as he needs to get back into football.

Brewster is still involved in the Scottish game and has been on the playing side which has given him a lot of knowledge of the SPL teams.  I think it's a bit strange that the fans are being asked their opinion, but no consultation with the players is planned.  :017:  I honestly believe that they would choose Brew (better the devil you know) over Warnock.  I do think that this time Brew would be here for the long haul as he now know the grass isn't always greener. I don't think he would be too hard to deal with financially as he is keen to return. So if he wants the job and the players are happy with him, who are we to say we'd like the big name?

1 more point, I don't actually believe that Warnock is a serious contender.

Guest birdog

Okay Warnock would be a big name to bring to ICT and to be honest I think that's about all.  I can't see our squad of players responding to his management style.  He would almost certainly want to bring in his own backroom team which could add to the cost.  I believe that he would use it only as a stepping stone as he needs to get back into football.

Brewster is still involved in the Scottish game and has been on the playing side which has given him a lot of knowledge of the SPL teams.  I think it's a bit strange that the fans are being asked their opinion, but no consultation with the players is planned.  :017:  I honestly believe that they would choose Brew (better the devil you know) over Warnock.  I do think that this time Brew would be here for the long haul as he now know the grass isn't always greener. I don't think he would be too hard to deal with financially as he is keen to return. So if he wants the job and the players are happy with him, who are we to say we'd like the big name?

1 more point, I don't actually believe that Warnock is a serious contender.

Have to agree with most of this post although I don't think Brewster is a good choice because of his boring approach to the game, I hate the long ball over the top style.

Warnock knows nothing of the Scottish game, the style of football played here is different from any other country in the world, look at PLG when he was with Rangers he totally failed to get a grip with the pace and style of our game. I think we need someone who knows the Scottish game and who knows how our team ticks with the small squad close knit atmosphere. I think Warnock would cause a lot of unrest and ill feeling in the dressing room.

The club wanted to show ambition by signing Niculae, if they want to continue that and want the fans to take them serious on it then they have to carry through on that ambition by appointing an experienced and proven manager.

As I said above, I think the players have had too much of the kid gloves treatment and it has been showing in their on the pitch performances - too many reports of "lack of interest" for my liking and I don't think Brewster is commanding enough to turn that around.

He may get the squad fitter again, but it don't matter how fit you are if your not getting the motivation.  Rossco commented himself on Brewsters departure that they were not liking training under Brewster.  Not because he worked them hard, but because they weren't allowed to enjoy themselves in any way shape or form on the training ground.  You could argue that they aren't there to enjoy themselves, but how many of us get p!ssed off when we don't enjoy our work?  In short, I doubt he would be the players choice.

For years ICT have lived in the "comfort zone" and I am also of the opinion that this is for the benefit of the "old boys network", and has little to do with the wants/needs of the squad or the fans.  They are more worried about being shown up for the amateurs they are if they were to bring in someone experienced.