FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Downturn in Attendances

KingBeastie

Although none of us seem in favour of the boycott idea that was posted (which is a good thing), it is interesting to note how many people on this forum have said that if the traitorous judus feck gets the job they wont be going to games while he is there.  Also in a similar vein a few have mentioned that they will have a lot less motivation to travel to games, I think I fall into this category - I'll always support ICT but will certainly feel less motivated to travel to games if judas is at the helm.

This site seems to represent a good cross section of supporters so if we assume that a lot of supporters who don't use this site have similar feelings I think the club may see a downturn in attandances if judas is appointed.  Admitedly this may not be a huge downturn or for a significantly sustained period but still something that should be considered.

In short a message to the board and Mr.Bennett especially:  WE DO NOT WANT JUDAS BACK - HE HAD HIS CHANCE.  :008:

It will definitely make me think twice about making a 200 odd mile round trip every other weekend.  I just can't see Brewster being a success, he was lucky when he was here the first time the only thing he brought in was fitness.  As I've said a few times his contribution as player made him look good as a manager. 

I was never a fan when he was here before anyway, our style of play was so boring and really awful to watch.  I firmly believe that if we go for him again we'll certainly be fighting relegation this season. 

our style of play was so boring and really awful to watch.  I firmly believe that if we go for him again we'll certainly be fighting relegation this season. 

I totally agree.  As I've already said on another thread somewhere, my objections to Brewster are mainly due to the fact that the football we played under him was some of the most dreadful, boring, turgid football I've ever witnessed anywhere.  We lost games we should have got at least a point from, drew games that we should really have won, and Brewster himself didn't seem to have many ideas on how to sort things out when they weren't going well.  I have little confidence in his abilities, especially since his atrocious spell at Dundee United, which is where I think he was really found out.  A dreadful record like that should be enough to rule him out on its own and I am completely underwhelmed when I think of the possibility of him coming back.

Like QB, as someone who lives away from Inverness now, my motivation to come home for games would be seriously depleted if Brewster were to be appointed again, especially if we go back to the same dreadful style of football.

I would seriously have to think about making a trip to Inverness from Glasgow, and I was considering a season ticket however that is not going to happen under CB.  He had his chance and he decided to walk away, asking for him to come back is akin to marrying within your own family in my opinion.

We should be moving forward, not taking a step back.

And here was me worrying about getting pelters for stating am seriously considering boycotting ICT games should Brew get the job. YOu have to wonder if he read this board, how he would feel :024:

Im not sure if I would stay away if Brewster returned, I dont think i could possibly answer unless the situation arose, But i do agree with others I would have serious thinking to do about whether i wanted to.

I think at current thinking if it was to happen i would feel sick and cheated being there and im not sure if i would be prepared to put myself through that every home game. :019:

I don't know - If Brew gets the job back i'll be dissapointed but I wouldn't boycott games. I guess I'll judge the new manager whoever it may be by their results, if Brew comes back and we somehow finish top 6 thenfair play to him, can i see that happeneing - NO. I think i'm gonna play this one by ear though, I'll still go and see ICT play as long as my Birth  Certificate Reads POB: Inverness. I understand where you guys are coming from and to an extent agree with you though.

I would rather not see brewster back as i dont think a manager coming back to a club so soon is a good idea but even if he does get appointed i will still go to as many games as possible and still have the same motivation as when charlie was in charge. And to anyone who says that they will have less motivation to go to games just because brewster is at the helm then i am disgraced. It is still the same club that you supported when charlie was incharge so to not go to a game because of who is incharge is pathetic.

And to anyone who says that they will have less motivation to go to games just because brewster is at the helm then i am disgraced. It is still the same club that you supported when charlie was incharge so to not go to a game because of who is incharge is pathetic.

I have more motivation NOT to go to the games if that burk returns. Its not pathetic, its called having principles, and believe me, it wont be easy

I totally agree.  As I've already said on another thread somewhere, my objections to Brewster are mainly due to the fact that the football we played under him was some of the most dreadful, boring, turgid football I've ever witnessed anywhere.  We lost games we should have got at least a point from, drew games that we should really have won, and Brewster himself didn't seem to have many ideas on how to sort things out when they weren't going well.

Replace Brewster with Christie and you also have how others were feeling in the last year or so as well.

Guest TinCanFan

Why are ICT so desperate to get Brewster back?  He's had his chance and I think it would be better to give someone else the job who hasn't had it yet and after Brewster's muck-up at Dundee United I wouldn't be paid to have him back.

Replace Brewster with Christie and you also have how others were feeling in the last year or so as well.

The standard never dropped as low as that with Charlie.  Sure, there were some instantly forgettable games with Charlie at the helm, but there were also some pretty good ones.  With Brewster we ended up playing uninspiring football pretty much every week.  I also felt Charlie got a lot of unnecessary abuse from a certain section of the fans and it was absolutely uncalled for.

For some though, it will just be one other thing to add to the list of excuses for giving games a miss.

I've yet to see anyone say they would stop coming if Warnock was employed....in fact I believe his name alone would put a few extra bums on seats.

Warnock would certainly sell out the main stand :rotflmao: and I think seats in the section behind the home dugout would be a hot ticket  :015:

Seriously though I do think Warnock would add to the attendances and the profile of the club.

I'd pay ?100 for a seat behind the dugout if Warnock was in it.... :crazy07:

Warnock would certainly sell out the main stand :rotflmao: and I think seats in the section behind the home dugout would be a hot ticket  :015:

Seriously though I do think Warnock would add to the attendances and the profile of the club.

I'd pay ?100 for a seat behind the dugout if Warnock was in it.... :crazy07:

Would you sit on his knee or he on yours?

Under Brewster our away record wasn't bad but our home record was awful. Didn't we go on a huge run with no home wins? This was due to the fact he could only get the team to play one way which was more suited to the away games, he had no plan B when it wasn't working.

If this happens again then fans that pick and choose games are going to stop coming and the attendences will fall. I shall carry on going to the games but I really don't think I'll have the same excitement and optomistic feeling before games  :007: