FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

in the same vain as the ice cream thread .........

Tug

I would agree with Anstruther. Well worth joining the queue which can often be well down the street.

I can never understand why the standard of a haddock supper is generally so much better in the north of England when so much of the stuff is landed,legitimately or otherwise, in the north east of Scotland.

I can never understand why the standard of a haddock supper is generally so much better in the north of England when so much of the stuff is landed,legitimately or otherwise, in the north east of Scotland.

I prefer fish & chips from the north of England too.... I'm reliably informed it's because they tend to use a lighter crispier batter and fry in pure beef dripping, as they do in the Anstruther Fish Bar.......

Whitby, N.Yorks has two of the best chippies you'll find anywhere.....  :eat01:

Tend to head to the Dolphin in Nairn these days, but as a boy headin on holiday there, we used to frequent Friar Tucks - went there in summer hols with the kids, and they were fab. (and no, i dont mean deep fried child before any of you get smart!!! :blah01:)

saying that, there was a superb chippy round the corner from Dawlish train station... by far THE BEST fish and chips ever - and their smoked sausages and fish cakes were fab too if i mind right