FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Scotland Manager Poll

Kingsmills

Who would you like to lead us into the next World Cup Campaign ?  

184 members have voted

1. 1.

• Gary Mcallister
    • Billy Davies
    • Graeme Souness
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • George Burley
    • Craig Levein
    • Jim Jeffries
    • Tommy Burns
    • Roy Aitken
    • Other (Please Specify )

Just to throw a completely random idea in (since he's just quit his job), what about having a young manager working alongside Roy Hodgson? It's extremely unlikely to ever happen but just wondered what people thought since he's well respected as a coach and undoubtably has great knowledge of international football

Just voted for Levein after a few days of thinking about little else.

My personal favourite Davie Moyes has unsurprisingly ruled himself out but says he would like the job someday. Another name doing the rounds today is Roy Hodgson who's just quit the Finland job.

An Englishman he may be but he certainly has a lot of experience coaching average international teams.

Anyway, Levein for me. His league record at Hearts was fantastic and the way he's turned United around is really impressive. They don't deserve him.

George Burey would be my ideal candidate but I doubt if he could be persuaded to leave a relatively secure job in club management.

That's the problem isn't it...?

I would be happy with either Burley or Levein, but suspect that Roy Aitken will get the nod... (I'll be happy with that too, as long as Souness doesn't get a look in)

Here, here. Speaking as a NUFC fan I will be devestated if Souness gets within a mile of the job.

• 2 weeks later...

Today's Herald says the shortlist is down to four names: Joe Jordan, Billy Davies, Mark McGhee and Feckin Souness. The article goes on to say:

"The possibility of a senior figurehead, such as Kenny Dalglish, working with a younger, less experienced coach is also an outside possibility."

Didn't Celtic try that once?