FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for game against Celtic

Guest TinCanFan

Guest TinCanFan

Fraser

Proctor                          Munro                          McGuire                  Hastings

Duncan                        Rankin

Cowie                                            Black                          Wilson/McBain

Niculae

Subs: Zibi, McAllister, Kerr, Vigurs, Wilson/McBain/Tokely, Bayne, Wyness/Brewster

Calder ,Teasdale ,Golabek ,Mann ,McCulloch ,Hastings ,Sheerin ,Tokely, Wilson, Christie, Wyness.  :tic01:

I agree, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. CB must stick with the side that beat Hibs.

Ike

McGuire,   Munro,   Hastings

Tokely,   Cowie,         Black,   Rankin

Wilson

Bayne         Niculae

Thats if they start with the usual one striker.

I dont actually agree with that IHE, I think you have to judge a system or tactic on the number of clear cut chances you create, if the goals we'd scored in our last three wins were all as good as the one v St Mirren or the 4th v Gretna then I would definitely say stick with the 451.

No doubting the quality of the finish from Black v United and Maximus' goals on Saturday but there was a fair degree of luck involved in all three.

If having more men in midfield and a less gun-ho right back keeps us steady at the back then theres no reason to change things for the Celtic game, there has to be room for improvement though.  We wont be lobbing keepers from 20+ yards every weekend, we can punish Celtic out wide if we want to and need to use Rankin and Cowie more out wide.

The current system seems to work as it allows our most important players to play in their best positions, Black and Rankin especially, which makes the back 4 and Duncans job easier.

Thats not to say that if we dont make changes and we go onto lose I wont be satisfied, after three wins too nil its impossible to complain too harshly.

Wilson and Bayne are too huge players for us on the bench, both are capable of changing games in the second half and as above, if it isnt broken then dont fix it.

If there is to be a change then it should be Rankin taking McBains place and Wyness coming into Rankins.

I woyuld actually say that Wilson changes games, Bayne doesn't.

Bare with me...

Brewster got it spot on yesterday. 1-0 and Hibs are piling on the pressure, our defence is hoofing it up the park, and Marius is on his own (and lets face it, pace isn't his strong point) so the hibs defence merely picked up the ball and pinged it back up to their strikers. Brew introduces Bayne, a player with alot of pace, holds up the ball up well and is very strong, as an outlet for our defence.

In conclusion, put Bayne on if you want the game to stay as it is.

Brew introduces Bayne, a player with alot of pace, holds up the ball up well and is very strong, as an outlet for our defence.

In conclusion, put Bayne on if you want the game to stay as it is.

You're right in saying he has pace and can hold the ball up well.... But he also set up Marius yesterday for goal Number 2....

?Bare? with you.

No chance I don?t even know you ? try Mee!

The only change should be a right back where Rossco must be restored to use his experience and frightfulness against The ?Irish? winger.

I?m sorry but a repeat of Proctor?s shaky start to the 2nd half yesterday would deliver trouble for us.

?Bare? with you.

The only change should be a right back where Rossco must be restored to use his experience and frightfulness against The ?Irish? winger.

I?m sorry but a repeat of Proctor?s shaky start to the 2nd half yesterday would deliver trouble for us.

whether to play ross or proctor will be a contentious one. however even if ross should start i think brewster will go with proctor just to ram home what a numty tokely was v motherwell

Fraser

Proctor        Munro          McGuire        Hastings

Duncan          McBain

Cowie            Black              Rankin 

Niculae               

If he uses his "frightfulness" against McGeady he'll just get sent off again.....

I'd rather have Proctor there. He might be able to match him for pace.

Furthermore who says McGeady will start on the left for Celtic? Might see him switch over the other side at some point in the game.

?Bare? with you.

I hope that wasn't supposed to be funny :029:

As for McGeady out on the left, don't know what the situation is with Nakamura out, but he never plays on the left as thats Nakamuras spot

Same formation again would be good with Bayne and Wilson coming on again as subs,The cracks are starting to show with Celtic playing so many games.

Our confident team will run rings around them!

Sorry Celtic you wont be able to leave early like your fans will, you'll have to play for the full 90 minutes.

Clark Kent you have to sit on the bench for this one.

?bare with me?

?cracks are starting to show?

NURSE, NURSE!

I was sure McGeady has previously been utilised on the left of Celtic?s midfield.

Has he moved over in Nakamura?s absence?

I?m not wrong am I?

I was sure McGeady has previously been utilised on the left of Celtic?s midfield.

Has he moved over in Nakamura?s absence?

I?m not wrong am I?

McGeady regularly switches sides during games. Depends who Celtic have in their pool on match where he might start but chances are you'll see him on either side during Sunday.

fraser

proctor                  munro                  mcguire            hastings

duncan                  black

cowie                            rankin                          mcbain

marius

The game was calling for a sub on Saturday and Brewster made (what turned out to be) a great decision to replace McBain with Bayne in order to prevent Hibs pushing so many men forward.

Other than that I don't think the game needed any other subs and Wilson only came on for Duncan as he'd taken a knock.

Had we been chasing the game, then I can understand the need for change, but we weren't and we looked fairly comfortable and the more likely to score again (which we did).  Changes would only have served to disrupt something which was working and that wouldn't have been sensible.