FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Rangers : matchday thread

Scotty

Concerned about Cowie, his hearts not there.

Lets upset davie boy and Lady Caley BUT Cowie was played in a role to suit Niculae today. He was wasted and hopefully will be played back on the right flank where he belongs. What totally pisses me off about Marius is how we play to include him rather than get him to adjust to our system. I fear that Cowie will be played in a similiar role next week.

And chris 123 - for long a Niculae defender has got it totally feckin spot on with his comment.  :clapping03:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Formation and tactics wrong again today, just as they were at Fester Road last week. Brewster had a chance to change it at half time but unlike most of us in the stands he failed to see it.  Our passing was also pretty woeful again with Munro, Hastings and Black being the worst culprits.  Time for Grantie to throw the Bobby Mann Manual of Long Passing and Big Defensive Clearances (hoofs anywhere up the park) in the bin. 

I get the impression he and Marius don't exactly see eye to eye....  :024:

Add Blackie into that as well methinks....

Anyway, I think a lot of what I was going to say has been covered. Our passing and set plays were very poor. Long ball wasn't working. Why persist with it? I thought that when Patti went through on goal and shot I saw the ball hit off an arm (Weir?). Did they show anything in the replay?

Marcus just wasn't with it today. Looked well off the pace. Cowie behind Niculae wasn't very effective. Maybe Wyness would have been better? McBain wide right? Not where I would have had him. Fraser did well and had some good saves. Defence was fine on the whole I thought. Seemed pretty strong throughout the game. Just a shame we couldn't unpick the Rangers defence. There seemed to be very little in the way of movement from our guys today. You could see players trying to pick and pass, look up and see no one there. Niculae had that cracking shot McGregor did well to save but I don't think we created enough clear cut chances to get something from the game. Rangers had one or two better chances and eventually took it.

Yes it was a sore one but we didn't do the basics right a lot of the time and that is more frustrating than the loss of the late goal to be honest.

I get the impression he and Marius don't exactly see eye to eye....  :024:

Add Blackie into that as well methinks....

Not sure about Niculae & Cowie but Niculae gets on very well with Black

Hart

One person who could have maybe made a difference from the centre of midfield today wasn't even on the team sheet....Richie Hart.

Hart certainly is the forgotten man at ICT. You have to worry about his future when McBain is played wide right and he's not even in the squad!

One person who could have maybe made a difference from the centre of midfield today wasn't even on the team sheet....Richie Hart.

Couldn't agree more Alex - they had game-changing options on the bench but in central midfield, the one area where the wheels frequently fall off for us, we'd nowt. Russell could have passed every ball to Burke and still not have been hooked. Why Brewster always seems to think strikers are the key and to pack the bench with them is beyond me - it's like putting in a new drill bit when what you really need to do is switch the bloody power on.

Not sure about Niculae & Cowie but Niculae gets on very well with Black

Blackie was giving him an absolute mouthful last week and today I think Niculae returned the favour  :015:

I think it's good (to an extent). I'd be worried if the players didn't have a go at each other from time to time.

The first match of the Post-Rankin era. No wonder the midfield was like the breakfast of a dog.

McBain out of position, yes, I spotted that Bazza would be on, but thought that it would be for Patti, who still, obviously has some way to go. Nice that Brew wants him to use the Huns as a training match. I too would have taken on Dennis or Bayne for Woy at this point, as Walter was also een to get a goal. A breakaway was possible. Too many long balls, you could see Blackie (excellent), gesturing that he had no close options, and really the big Hun defenders had just about everything sown up. Proctor, sold the goal, but Darchy made his mark early, and shewd Walter knew that bulk would be an issue. The lapse of concentration was hard to bear, though. Top marks for Fraser. No point in slaggin Russell, liek Popeye he yam what he yam, but stiker he aint.

Neither Huns of Tims are very good this season, and teams will take points of them. I didnt think we played very well. Cowie seems to have gone well off the boil recently, and for me Nicolae just cant cut it on his own against big teams. Open the purses, board.

Brew will break all records this season, and I remain a bit heartened that we made the league leaders work so hard. Walter was very gracious. Bring on the Well, and Dennis to start.

The first match of the Post-Rankin era. No wonder the midfield was like the breakfast of a dog.

McBain out of position, yes, I spotted that Bazza would be on, but thought that it would be for Patti, who still, obviously has some way to go. Nice that Brew wants him to use the Huns as a training match. I too would have taken on Dennis or Bayne for Woy at this point, as Walter was also een to get a goal. A breakaway was possible. Too many long balls, you could see Blackie (excellent), gesturing that he had no close options, and really the big Hun defenders had just about everything sown up. Proctor, sold the goal, but Darchy made his mark early, and shewd Walter knew that bulk would be an issue. The lapse of concentration was hard to bear, though. Top marks for Fraser. No point in slaggin Russell, liek Popeye he yam what he yam, but stiker he aint.

Neither Huns of Tims are very good this season, and teams will take points of them. I didnt think we played very well. Cowie seems to have gone well off the boil recently, and for me Nicolae just cant cut it on his own against big teams. Open the purses, board.

Brew will break all records this season, and I remain a bit heartened that we made the league leaders work so hard. Walter was very gracious. Bring on the Well, and Dennis to start.

Couldn't Agree More  :clapping03:

Indeed, I imagine if he'd been able to supply the team with a wee line of charlie we might have had a bit of pace/urgency about us..... :rotflmao:

Just kidding, I agree to an extent with what you're saying - Hart would have defo been more effective than McBain IMO. But really, anyone else think we are missing Rankin??? I do...

i think its a bit unfair to critisice McBain , its pretty simple, you don't play a left footed player out on the right flank if you don't have to.

Brewster got it wrong there, which is a shame as I thought that apart from that he got his tactics spot on on Sunday.

Guest LiviBear

Alright Guys

Just a wee post to say well done for another difficult match yesterday. It's always a nightmare visiting your ground and this was no different.

I wouldn't say a draw would've been the right result but I will concede that a last minute winner was a bit cruel lol.

It's good to see that a few of you were disapointed with your display. If you keep up the recent levels of performance a UEFA Cup spot is here for the taking and that would be much deserved in my eyes.

You've got a cracking club which is well run, well managed, well supported and which also seems to have a good bunch of solid pros on board.

Best of luck for the rest of the season guys (although I do hope we pump you at Ibrox.............obviously)

Cheers

LiviBear

Guest LiviBear

You have already pumped us at Ibrox this season.  If I am not mistaken I believe you get to keep us now........or is it a penalty :017:

Not yet as we still have some making up to do from last season. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED :011:

Also, the result you had just before Christmas kept us happy so don't worry yourselves just yet lol

i think its a bit unfair to critisice McBain , its pretty simple, you don't play a left footed player out on the right flank if you don't have to.

McGeady/Nakamura At Sellick 

First and foremost, Nakamura always starts on the left flank, and McGeady always starts on the right. They do this stupid switch thing but never get any joy down the flanks, they have to continually cut inside, which only works if you plan on taking a shot on, otherwise its a pointless excercise.

McGeady started on the left against us and was immense in the first half.

And ripped Benfica apart on the left in the champions league game aswell . .

McGeady started on the left because Nakamura was injured (if you view my original post I say that you should only play a player on his wrong side if you have to) and no he was not immese against us, he did the only thing that he could do, he cut inside and had a shot.

The frustration has now gone.  Thought we did ok,  defended really well.  4-5-1 suits us and we just need someone to fill the Rankin role.  We need Cowie out wide.  Thought everyone did pretty well,  Keeper and defence we all good,  Blackie ran the midfield for 25 mins in 2nd half.  Also thought Niculae and Cowie did ok throughout.  Strange decision to play Roy on right,  never really worked and Markus looked unfit.  Everyone grafted hard though.

Not too dissappointed though,  Motherwell have understandably had a couple of poor results and I think we can get 3 points on Saturday.

IHE  :rotflmao: your obsessed!!!

Brewster got it wrong there, which is a shame as I thought that apart from that he got his tactics spot on on Sunday.

I couldn't agree more. I think this was very naive managing by Brewster - he thinks McBain can play anywhere, but he is a very one sided player (that's LEFT sided Brew) and should not be playing right midfield especially when we have Wilson and Hart who could play there.

I thought our other worst player on Sunday was Paatelinan (sp), I would prefer to see McBain on the left instead (pity we lost Rankin as he played well there).

I was really disapponted with Brewster and Thompson as I would have expected more from them than playing a guy so obviously out of position, TBH it was a shame for Roy to be asked to play there as he had to cut back inside everytime on to his favoured left.

I couldn't agree more. I think this was very naive managing by Brewster - he thinks McBain can play anywhere, but he is a very one sided player (that's LEFT sided Brew) and should not be playing right midfield especially when we have Wilson and Hart who could play there.

I thought our other worst player on Sunday was Paatelinan (sp), I would prefer to see McBain on the left instead (pity we lost Rankin as he played well there).

I was really disapponted with Brewster and Thompson as I would have expected more from them than playing a guy so obviously out of position, TBH it was a shame for Roy to be asked to play there as he had to cut back inside everytime on to his favoured left.

My hero

Quality post :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: