FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

NewScotland Manager

Guzz

Aye, but Boyd probably wouldn't have got that chance because he is the most imobile (speeling?) 'sportsman' in the history of humanity. You can't legislate for people missing chances like that............

1st thing, whilst I agree he tends to be a fat lazy pie eater, Boyd is always in the right place at the right time. He's alot like David Healy - not very good, but invaluable at getting goals. Rangers fans are unbelievably right in that respect in that goals win games. Obvious yes and fairly simple.

For me Burley has made all the rookie mistakes.

1. Allowed friendlies against teams we had little chance of winning and thus damaging our rankings (and confidence) which is important when it comes to seedings for qualifaction. Even if our top 20 status was a little flattering it was done through shrewd management in only arranging winnable friendly games to test players (ie Nigeria, USA and likewise)

2. He also decided to ignore squad regulars in favour of people like Clarkson and Teale. Neither of which are even Scotland international quality.

3. He has changed our philosophy to a footballing team apparently. Taking away from our attributes in set pieces and alike. Anyone who is honest will realise that Scotland are limited and need to play to strengths. Also from what I've seen, we've never played such awful football since Vogts darkest days. There doesnt appear to be the same belief or organisation as under our previous two managers.

4. Where it may be a childish point and he (TB - lord and saviour) is a great motivator, he was never going to win any fans by appointing an Englishman regardless of who he was. And to allow him to have his own war of words about a friendly with which Diego Maradona was involved was a further error and undermined his authority. It became a circus.

5.Broadfoot and Magregor. One is a very limited player and the other is niave. Two public slatings on their playing ability. Maybe the KB one was used to fire him up and in a sense it worked as he scored. I think it was more an honest assessment which a manager shouldnt say. He then says certain players were niave and shouldnt allow themselves to be blocked. Te moment in question is Van persies goal. a) Dirk Kuyt is a high quality player who knows how to be a nuisance. Its part of his job. :rotflmao: even Van persie thought it was obstruction. Burley the rule that Fergie never does. Dont slag off individuals. Its a team game.

6. This Boozegate situation (the most overblown hoo ha in world history) is making him look the fool. 1st he allowed players to go the the bar for a quick drink and got taken advantaged of. Then HE banned the two idiots for life. Last week it was his decision. Gordon Smith doesnt know what the official line is. Neither does Peat.

Today, he says he gave no permission and banning was nothing to do with him. If I was the manager and that decision on player staff was taken away from me I wouldnt be happy. It SHOULD be his decision. He has been further undermined.

At the time i felt Burley was the right guy for the job but it's one mess after another and his superiors are not helping. I am not totally sure what type of respect there is for him. Constant contradictions (he only plays people who are playing then plays Gordon) and mismanagment of individuals have hampered him and I question whether he is able to manage at this level. He appears out of his depth.

But I will support him along with Scotland to get the results we require. Wins against Norway and Moldova and something against the Dutch (who will have qualified by then)

Aye, but Boyd probably wouldn't have got that chance because he is the most imobile (speeling?) 'sportsman' in the history of humanity. You can't legislate for people missing chances like that............

1st thing, whilst I agree he tends to be a fat lazy pie eater, Boyd is always in the right place at the right time. He's alot like David Healy - not very good, but invaluable at getting goals. Rangers fans are unbelievably right in that respect in that goals win games. Obvious yes and fairly simple.

1. Allowed friendlies against teams we had little chance of winning and thus damaging our rankings (and confidence) which is important when it comes to seedings for qualifaction. Even if our top 20 status was a little flattering it was done through shrewd management in only arranging winnable friendly games to test players (ie Nigeria, USA and likewise)

2. He also decided to ignore squad regulars in favour of people like Clarkson and Teale. Neither of which are even Scotland international quality.

3. He has changed our philosophy to a footballing team apparently. Taking away from our attributes in set pieces and alike. Anyone who is honest will realise that Scotland are limited and need to play to strengths. Also from what I've seen, we've never played such awful football since Vogts darkest days. There doesnt appear to be the same belief or organisation as under our previous two managers.

4. Where it may be a childish point and he (TB - lord and saviour) is a great motivator, he was never going to win any fans by appointing an Englishman regardless of who he was. And to allow him to have his own war of words about a friendly with which Diego Maradona was involved was a further error and undermined his authority. It became a circus.

5.Broadfoot and Magregor. One is a very limited player and the other is niave. Two public slatings on their playing ability. Maybe the KB one was used to fire him up and in a sense it worked as he scored. I think it was more an honest assessment which a manager shouldnt say. He then says certain players were niave and shouldnt allow themselves to be blocked. Te moment in question is Van persies goal. a) Dirk Kuyt is a high quality player who knows how to be a nuisance. Its part of his job. :rotflmao: even Van persie thought it was obstruction. Burley the rule that Fergie never does. Dont slag off individuals. Its a team game.

6. This Boozegate situation (the most overblown hoo ha in world history) is making him look the fool. 1st he allowed players to go the the bar for a quick drink and got taken advantaged of. Then HE banned the two idiots for life. Last week it was his decision. Gordon Smith doesnt know what the official line is. Neither does Peat.

Today, he says he gave no permission and banning was nothing to do with him. If I was the manager and that decision on player staff was taken away from me I wouldnt be happy. It SHOULD be his decision. He has been further undermined.

At the time i felt Burley was the right guy for the job but it's one mess after another and his superiors are not helping. I am not totally sure what type of respect there is for him. Constant contradictions (he only plays people who are playing then plays Gordon) and mismanagment of individuals have hampered him and I question whether he is able to manage at this level. He appears out of his depth.

But I will support him along with Scotland to get the results we require. Wins against Norway and Moldova and something against the Dutch (who will have qualified by then)

I agree with most of that but playing Craig Gordon was surely one of his better decisions - whether he was playing first team football or not.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

If Norway is an easy 3 pts then isn't that saying a bit about Burley. Scotland have plenty of talent e.g Scott Brown

Wasn't georgia an easy 3 points? :rotflmao:

Wasn't FYR Macedonia an easy 3 points? :thumb04:

Edited by Muir-Jaggie

If Norway is an easy 3 pts then isn't that saying a bit about Burley. Scotland have plenty of talent e.g Scott Brown

Wasn't georgia an easy 3 points? :rotflmao:

I am not using this as some sort of defence but McLeish had a cold and he past it to some of the players. But on the other hand it wasn't agreat performance. In the fifa rankings we were 12th. Then Gorge took over and now we are 28th. Any way Gorge record isn't exactly good compared McLeish's. But all we can do at the moment is hope the best

Wasn't georgia an easy 3 points? :thumb04:

Wasn't FYR Macedonia an easy 3 points? :rotflmao:

Yes of course it was, wasn't burley the manager though....At first the game was to be played on a wensday but the changed it so we would be playing in the scortching heat. I have a bit of sympathy for gorge there . As far as we know he is our manager and i will be supporting him and scotland too the end. ;) :018:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

More trouble for Burley and Scotland. None of our goalkeepers are playing regular football. Marshall's just been dropped by Coventry.

Theres always Neil Alexander

More trouble for Burley and Scotland. None of our goalkeepers are playing regular football. Marshall's just been dropped by Coventry.

Don't you mean Norwich for Marshall??

Craig Gordon is back playing regularly again so i'm not to worried. Neil Alexander could take McGregors place in the team

Gordan is getting more of a game now

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Wonder how long that will last. Sunderland have 5 goalkeepers fighting for the place so he cant afford any slip ups

I agree with you actually.

Jamie Langfield or Alan Combe could be useful sub goalies with Craig Gordon as number 1 when fit.

Useful as sub goalies? I think what your forgetting is, if a sub keeper is actually required to go on the pitch, it would then be one of them. Absolutely no way. It's stated in FIFA world rankings terms and conditions that if you play Langfield, you automatically lose 20 places. Honestly.

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder how long that will last. Sunderland have 5 goalkeepers fighting for the place so he cant afford any slip ups

Gordan has to be in the top 15 of best goalies.

It's stated in FIFA world rankings terms and conditions that if you play Langfield, you automatically lose 20 places. Honestly.

That's true.

Craig Gordon will only get better and will be one of the very best keepers in the world.

Quite injury prone for a keeper. I've said before I thought Alexander leaving Cardiff for Rangers was a big mistake but it may well work out for him. Always a decent keeper. Not spectacular but safe.