FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Romania v France......

CaleyD

I've got a funny feeling Romania are going to get something from this game against France.  On paper they shouldn't, and France should win comfortably, but my something is telling me that Romania will keep a clean sheet.

It might be a touch of "Marius Fever" but I've decided to go with my gut and stick some money on a Romanian Clean Sheet, a 0-0 score and them to qualify from the group.  I'm kinda depending on Italy, France and Netherlands to do damage to each other and Romania to sneak through on the quiet....but hey ho, you never know.

too much Palinca perhaps CaleyD  :023:

[attach=1]

Palinca now that brings back memories of some real sore heads :029:

Not sure how this group will pan out, The three favourites will probably all take points of each other and for Romania it is three cup finals, Romania being overlooked by many but don't forget they finished above Holland in the qualifying group

From - http://euro2008.castrolindex.com/story.asp...type=1&m=11

GROUP C ? Defence the key?

Romania face Italy, the Netherlands and France in the ?group of Death? (so-called because those three have won four European titles between them) so, unsurprisingly, are rank outsiders to progress. Yet Victor Piturca?s side were strong in qualifying ? not least against the Dutch.

In qualifying, Romania took four points off the Oranje and topped their group ? which could prove a psychological advantage when the two meet on 17 June. They also boasted the fifth-best defensive record, and have three of the CPI?s top 20 defenders, including one of the fastest: in Romania?s 3-0 win against Russia, Gabriel Tamas clocked 34.9km/h.

Romania also hold the ball well and boast a potent attack. On the road to Euro 2008 they kept the ball for 51 minutes per game (on average), more than both the Netherlands and Italy. They scored 26 goals, too, the fourth-highest of the teams at the finals; contrast that to the Netherlands? 15. And while seven Romanians scored two or more, and Adrian Mutu (2,291 points) and Ciprian Marica (1,289) ? with seven goals between them in their last seven qualifiers ? occupied fifth and 17th places in the CPI respectively, Robin van Persie was the solitary Dutchman in the top scorer?s list, with four goals.

Think we all want Romania to do well but lets face it they are facing the #1 ranked team in Europe (Italy), the #5 ranked team (France) and the #8 team (Netherlands) .... Romania are ranked #10 in Europe (12th overall).

3 Cup finals is definitely the way to do it and as Scotland proved in the qualifiers, the ranking means nothing if you have the will to win like we did twice against the French (no doubt contributing to their drop to 5th best team in europe !!!).

Romania's group makes scary reading ... where all 4 teams are in the top 10 in Europe whereas other groups only have 1 or at most 2 teams in the top 10 teams !!!!

Group A: Switzerland (World rank #44/ Europe Rank #26), Czech Rep (#6/#4), Portugal (#11/#9), Turkey (#20/#14)

Group B: Austria (#92/#43), Croatia (#15/#11), Germany (#5/#3), Poland (#28/#18)

Group C: Netherlands (#10/#8), Italy (#3/#1), Romania (#12/#10), France (#7/#5)

Group D: Greece (#8/#6), Sweden (#30/#19), Spain (#4/#2), Russia (#24/#16)

Romania have more than a decent chance of making it through the group stages. Italy are an ageing team, France are living off past glories & the Dutch failed to beat the Romaians in qualifying managing only a scoreless draw at home

Guest Calum-Red-an-Blue

It's a "Braveheart" thing with the Scots....and it appears to be catching  :015:

[attach=1]

that's brilliant :015:

Shut down Ribery and France will struggle. **** we beat them twice that should tell you all you need to know about them  :023: Lets face it we are more than a little naive about other national teams. Our 'knowledge' tends to be based heavily on what they did in the past and it really has little relevance. Who here bet on Greece to win the last Euro's?

marius no longer favourite to start with press in Romania with Daniel Niculae now favourite, apparently after studying videos of the last French match they feel Daniel may be a better option

You mean they reached the conclusion that France could be tougher opponents than Gretna or Arbroath?  :004:

I leave tomorrow for the Euros, proud first of all because I introduced Marius to Inverness, then my friend has a chance to play in Euros  yes, but mostly I am proud as we have a player in Euros who is proud to represent ICT , Hai Romania

Shut down Ribery and France will struggle. **** we beat them twice that should tell you all you need to know about them  :023: Lets face it we are more than a little naive about other national teams. Our 'knowledge' tends to be based heavily on what they did in the past and it really has little relevance. Who here bet on Greece to win the last Euro's?

I've tipped up at least one finalist from each of the last 2 Euros and 2 World Cups I'll have you know!  I did say elsewhere on the net at the time Greece were being terribly under rated at 7/2 to Qualify from their group but didnt tip them to win, given that theyd won all but one game in qualifying for the 2004 tournament, I also said that tournament was the weakest in years.

I thick this one is weaker and having seen a potential candidate tonight in Portugal I'm even more confident the French will win it this time.

Romania will lose by 2 goals sadly, leaderless Italians ad the lightweight Netherlands are there for the taking though.

I've got a funny feeling Romania are going to get something from this game against France.  On paper they shouldn't, and France should win comfortably, but my something is telling me that Romania will keep a clean sheet.

It might be a touch of "Marius Fever" but I've decided to go with my gut and stick some money on a Romanian Clean Sheet, a 0-0 score and them to qualify from the group.  I'm kinda depending on Italy, France and Netherlands to do damage to each other and Romania to sneak through on the quiet....but hey ho, you never know.

:023:

I've decided to go with my gut and stick some money on a Romanian Clean Sheet, a 0-0 score and them to qualify from the group. 

Hope you had 0-0 on at the bookies as well as the overall bet with qualification