FULL-TIME STATS

ICT HIBS

1 Goals 1 (Don Cowie 21, Colin Nish 46)

6 Shots 13

5 Shots (On Target) 3

1 Shots (Off Target) 10

8 Corners 2

7 Fouls (Conceded) 5

3 Yellow Cards 0 (Tokely, Black, Hastings)

0 Red Cards 0

Good first half but struggled in the 2nd half - after last week's display against Hamilton a point is a good reward against what sounded like a good Hibs display....

Am i the only one totally baffled with 2days substitutes? Why take imrie off n put a defender on when you have 2 capable wingers on the bench n play Zadi where he looked so uncomfortable...N why take a striker off n put a midfielder on and go one up front?????? Thought we were the home team today!

The game was dying for a decent cross today n cant understand his tactics!!

:rotflmao:

A very lucky point for ICT today, if Hibs weren't so toothless they could easily have had 4 or 5 - it was like shooting practice for them. Nish won every high ball with ease and our marking was a shambles.

It's hard to think of many positives from the game. Duff impressed with some excellent tackling and used the ball well - he deserved man of the match this week (as opposed to last weeks sympathy vote) he doesn't deserve to lose his place when Munro returns. I think we could be looking at a Duff - Munro partnership. Vigurs and Wilson also played well from the bench, hopefully they feature for longer next week.

You might have thought that with Duncan out of the side our passing would improve - not a bit of it. Blackie, Cowie and Imrie struggled to find an ICT shirt all afternoon. After all the paper talk about addressing the lethargic display of last week it was dissapointing to see so much slackness in our play - it was almost Highland league standard at times.

It's a real worry that we couldn't get a hold of the game against easily the poorest hibs side to visit the Caledonian stadium. They were there for the taking, even Cowdenbeath humped their full strength side in pre-season.

Barrowman and Rooney were starved of service, it's hard to think of many chances that fell to them. But they failed to win or hold the ball all afternoon. Rooney in particular did absolutly nothing, I was suprised he stayed on the park for 90 minutes.

One last moan, why was Djebi-Zadi introduced as a left winger? Perhaps Brewster thought we needed some height to counter hibs big men but I thought it was a negative substitution. I would far rather have seen Imrie replaced by Zander Sutherland i.e. somebody who can actually produce something.

Anyway 3 games in and we're already looking a bit stale and short of ideas. Time to ring the changes.

yup, substitutions were somewhat baffling today .... especially Zadi/Imrie one [commentators believed he might have been limping but if so, why Zadi and not someone else].

Glad to see Vigurs come on and he got a few positive mentions from Leckie in the commentary box

Guest birdog

yup, substitutions were somewhat baffling today .... especially Zadi/Imrie one [commentators believed he might have been limping but if so, why Zadi and not someone else].

Glad to see Vigurs come on and he got a few positive mentions from Leckie in the commentary box

I was dumbfounded when Zadi was put on for Imrie but apart from one or two bad touches I thought Zadi looked very much at home in the position. Wilson coming on also gave our game a little extra and we looked more like scoring. Vigurs for McBain was a necessity as I thought McBain was shocking today in fact I would say that he was a weak link in the team.

Dougie did have a very poor game. Remember this was Lionel's debut so he has now experienced the SPL. He looked a competent ball player against Liverpool Reserves so there was some logic that he might have produced a winning cross or maybe sneaked a goal at a set piece.

Vigurs, Duff and Lionel now have more experience at SPL level.

Wouldnt suprise me Imrie gets dropped next week. He was awful and Djebi-Zadi looked ok when he came on. Barrowman and Rooney were unfortunate as our service was pritty poor throughout the game and a pub team could have defended better for Nishs goal.

What did please me was the move for Cowies goal, excellent link up from Barrowman to Black and Cowies turn and shot was very smart. Also that we finished the game really strongly. We did look the more likely to get a win further towards the end. Promising signs but things still needing corrected.

I must've been at a different match to the one the radio commentators were at today as I'm sure I heard them say in their report that we dominated the first half....Hibs could easily have been 3 or 4 up by HT if they'd taken their chances.

I thought we were as poor as we were last week. Constant long balls onto Jones head. Unable to string more than two passes together, and our deliveries into the box were shocking....again. We stood off them way too much, and allowed them far to much space in the middle. Dare I say it but we missed Duncan there.

The substition of Imrie was odd.....not for taking him off (he was absolute mince), but for replacing him with a defender! Thought Cowie should've been replaced instead of McBain, as he was mince too.

Duff did well, but like the rest of our defence, seems to panic under pressure, and just hoofs the ball anywhere. We really need Munro back.

From what I saw of their goal it was the usual defence all stopping, waiting for the whistle, routine.

We were very lucky to get a point today because they could've had a hatful really.

Blackie was my MOTM by a mile.

Edited by davieB

after playing some nice stuff early on we seemed to go downhill after taking the lead. decent first half but poor in the second.

thought duff and mcguire did pretty well on the whole.black dropped out of the game after half time and imrie was total pish but off for zadi? w t f.

front two got nothing out of jones and co and looked a strikeforce that had barely played together and we struggled to carve out much in the way of decent chances while hibs had loads but they're finishing was luckily absolutely woefull.

won next to no headers anywhere on the park and things not looking too clever on this showing

Don't forget we were going well in the first half and that shite keeper made an incredible point blank save from a Tokely header. We looked decent in the first half of the first half.......................then we came undone........ Substitute Jimmi Jabbi was not the right move to play him as a forward attacking midfielder.........taking Roy off, who had been quite effective, and the last straw was the humping of the ball up to the ineffective Barrowman and Rooney, although I thought Rooney was more likely than Barrowman to succeed. Hibees did have more attempts on goal, but by and large they were pitiful, whereas Black could have sorted it for us at the end but his half volley went agonisingly wide.

On reflection, a better point for us than Hibs, but it was always going to be tight.

Imrie was as last week uninspiring, and the strikers lacked the telling balls to help them.

Special mention to the back line, Fraser, McGuire, Tokely and Hastings stood firm, but none better than last weeks unfortunate debutant Jamie Duff, well done son, take bow.

In fact, Jamie Duff needs his own thread.............

We played well in the first half,dont know what this punting up the park lark is all about though, :rotflmao: play it from the back,Starting with Fraser making some kind of effort at throwing the ball out to players which would at least mean we would keep posession of the ball instead of the Hibs defence picking it off all the time.

Dont think we deserved a draw but will take it .

Thought a draw was a fair result against a poor Hibs team.

Defensivley Duff deserved his MOM award & again Phil looked un-convincing. Coundn't help but think of Monday night with big Bobby marshalling the line & we mised this today.

Midfield (& subsitutions is where we lost the 2 points today). Imrie had a shocker, Black was classy first half then lost his way after Roy got subbed. Roy, up until he was subbed, was by far our MOM & for me was having a stormer so really don't get why he was subbed.

Agree with previous posts that when Imrie came off that Zander or Vigurs could have slotted in left midfield rather than Lionel. Lionel is a left back & played well against Liverpool but looked lost in midfield, often sitting too far forward at times & final ball could have been better. We missed Russell today to break things up & I look forward to seeing a midfield of Duncan, Cowie, Black & Vigurs/Zander starting a game.

Up front Ronney is impressive. Looked out on his feet half way through the second half & surprised not to see Wood or McAllister given the chance of a run out. When he adapts to the pace of our game Rooney will score many goals for us & in particular his link up play with Black & McBain was excellent (just like Marius).

As for Barrowman I fear we have signed a donkey who is a can't pass, cant run, can't link up poacher. I fear for his first team starts after today. Good to see 2 up front today & I think this was due to Duncan's injury.

Rooney & Wood next week wouldn't be a surprise but given we are away at Falkirk I expect 1 up front again with that 1 being Rooney.

Guest WynessLegend

Player Ratings -

Fraser 3

Tokely 4

Mcguire 6

Duff 7

Hastings 5

Imrie 5

Black 8

McBain 5

Cowie 6

Rooney 9