FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cellic Smileymometer

FRASER :lol: :015: :D He didnt really do anything wrong and blameless fer the goals.

ROSSCOE :P :021: :D :D Typical Rosscoe display - solid at the back and always trying to get forward - I felt that he did sell himself fer the first goal though.

GRANTY :D :D :D Again - seldom tested.

MAGUIRE :D :D :D As Munro - still think that he could have cut out the cross fer the first goal.

DUFF :D :D :D :D Did he not look the part when he came on ?

HASTINGS :D :D :003: Some may say it was jet lag but does he travel across the Atlantic every feckin week. Woeful fer the second goal and hasnt got much of a clue when he goes over the half way line.

IMRIE :D :D :D :D Sneaked my MOM. Excellent first half, faded mid way through the second fer 10-15 minutes but got a second win. Brilliant free kick - looked a lot more comfortable on the left. Went asleep fer the first goal.

BLACK :D :D :rotflmao: He just looked frustrated from the off. Just couldnt get into the game and showed his frustration and should really have walked. But he comes back out and looks the part again, looks calmer and then he is hooked !!

DUNCAN :D :D :D :D Good to have ya back. Enuff said

MCBAIN :thumb04: :018: ;) Sorry but Brew has to simply drop him - enuff of the favouritism - if we had Vigurs on from the start it may have been a different tale.

COWIE :D :D :D :D Just like the old Don fer the first 45 but the goal changed it completely. He had to drop back and was in no mans land fer 15 minutes - then he had to withdraw into a deep midfield position - that was a very poor decision tactically.

WOOD :D :D That was fer the goal. He missed an absolute sitter which could have changed the whole game - he did the same at Falkirk but we survived - he simply isnt ready yet but he has potential.

WILSON :003: :003: Wish he had come on five years younger !!

ROONEY :003: :003: :003: Put himself about more than Wood.

Brew simply has to jettison Hastings - try McBain at full back fer fecks sake - bring back Vigurs and stop treating Wood like he used to use Rory - and fecked him up.

Gawd do we need a centre forward and a pacy front runner or what ?

Basically - Cellic were there fer the taking.

Bit unfair on Wood IHE. I thought he did really well today, and really put himself about. Not been overly impressed with him so far this season, but fair play to him, he looked the part. I'm surprised he started ahead of Rooney mind, and I think this is one area Brew needs to be decisive in, instead of chopping and changing each week.

Didn't think McBain or Hastings did too bad either. I'd have probably gone with Vigurs over Roy myself, but he wasn't that bad at all.

Other than that, I agree. In all honesty, we were the better team, and if we'd been more clinical in front of goal we'd have got a point at least.

Lots of positives today in my opinion.

FRASER :lol: :015: :D Not much to do. Blameless with either goal.

ROSSCOE :P :021: :D Bit up and down from the big man. A couple of defensive lapses but supported well going forward.

GRANTY :D :D :D Again not much to do. Solid and commanding.

MAGUIRE :D :D :D :D Excellent. Covered well for Roscoe and had McDonald in his back pocket. His injury has come at just the wrong time as he was getting back to his best form. Really fear for him as it seems to be the same ankle that nearly finished his career.

DUFF :D :D :D :D Slotted in seamlessly.

HASTINGS :D :D :D Didn't think he played too badly, certainly a better option than Djebi-Zadi. Couldn't be blamed for second goal as he followed McGeady inside and it was Black or Duncan that didn't close down Robson quickly enough.

IMRIE :D :D :D :D Worked tirelessly for the entire 90 mins. Still has a tendancy to try too much and dwell on the ball. Great free kick and generally good delivery.

BLACK :D :022: One his poorest games for us in a long time. Couldn't find any space and subsequently became frustrated. VERY lucky boy not to be sent off. Brewster had to sub him because it was coming.

DUNCAN :D :D :D :D What IHE said. We look so much better with him playing.

MCBAIN :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) Again I agree with IHE. Completely anonomous. Age seems to be catching him up and it's time for Vigurs to get the slot. He just wasn't composed enough when in possession and drifted too far inside allowing Loovens all the space in the world so it's just as well Loovens is mince as a right back.

COWIE :D :D :D :D Brilliant 1st 45mins. Gave Crosas a beasting and got behind Naylor at will in the first half. Supported Wood brilliantly and harassed the Celtic defence and midfield into mistakes. Why he was so deep for the first 20 mins of the second half is baffling and he lost his way. Finished strongly however.

WOOD :D :D :003: Impressed with Wood. Worked hard, won more than his fair share of headers and held up the ball well. Still looks a little raw and should have buried that first half chance otherwise he would have got 4 smileys. I think we've got a good one on our hands with a bit of work.

WILSON :003: :003: :003: Still got it. Maybe not the pace but the brain is as sharp as ever and someone we need at the club.

ROONEY :003: :003: :022: Did quite well when he came on. Lacks finesse however and made a couple of poor decisions but he certainly helped Wood and made a difference.

Overall, it was a very encouraging performance. Would like to see Vigurs start ahead of McBain and Barrowman as our main striker but we are shaping up ok. We still haven't lost an SPL game by more than a goal this season and with a couple of breaks this season we would be comfortably 3rd. We'll be there or thereabouts for the top 6.

FRASER :lol: :015: :D Not much to do. Blameless with either goal.

ROSSCOE :P :021: :D Bit up and down from the big man. A couple of defensive lapses but supported well going forward.

GRANTY :D :D :D Again not much to do. Solid and commanding.

MAGUIRE :D :D :D :D Excellent. Covered well for Roscoe and had McDonald in his back pocket. His injury has come at just the wrong time as he was getting back to his best form. Really fear for him as it seems to be the same ankle that nearly finished his career.

DUFF :D :D :D :D Slotted in seamlessly.

HASTINGS :D :D :D Didn't think he played too badly, certainly a better option than Djebi-Zadi. Couldn't be blamed for second goal as he followed McGeady inside and it was Black or Duncan that didn't close down Robson quickly enough.

IMRIE :D :D :D :D Worked tirelessly for the entire 90 mins. Still has a tendancy to try too much and dwell on the ball. Great free kick and generally good delivery.

BLACK :D :022: One his poorest games for us in a long time. Couldn't find any space and subsequently became frustrated. VERY lucky boy not to be sent off. Brewster had to sub him because it was coming.

DUNCAN :D :D :D :D What IHE said. We look so much better with him playing.

MCBAIN :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) Again I agree with IHE. Completely anonomous. Age seems to be catching him up and it's time for Vigurs to get the slot. He just wasn't composed enough when in possession and drifted too far inside allowing Loovens all the space in the world so it's just as well Loovens is mince as a right back.

COWIE :D :D :D :D Brilliant 1st 45mins. Gave Crosas a beasting and got behind Naylor at will in the first half. Supported Wood brilliantly and harassed the Celtic defence and midfield into mistakes. Why he was so deep for the first 20 mins of the second half is baffling and he lost his way. Finished strongly however.

WOOD :D :D :003: Impressed with Wood. Worked hard, won more than his fair share of headers and held up the ball well. Still looks a little raw and should have buried that first half chance otherwise he would have got 4 smileys. I think we've got a good one on our hands with a bit of work.

WILSON :003: :003: :003: Still got it. Maybe not the pace but the brain is as sharp as ever and someone we need at the club.

ROONEY :003: :003: :022: Did quite well when he came on. Lacks finesse however and made a couple of poor decisions but he certainly helped Wood and made a difference.

Overall, it was a very encouraging performance. Would like to see Vigurs start ahead of McBain and Barrowman as our main striker but we are shaping up ok. We still haven't lost an SPL game by more than a goal this season and with a couple of breaks this season we would be comfortably 3rd. We'll be there or thereabouts for the top 6.

Fraser :022: :rotflmao: :thumb04: - Was reasonably solid, couldnt do much for either goal, but not tested too often.

Tokely :018: ;) :lol: :015: - The Rosscoe of old. tough in defence and some decent forward runs

Munro :D :P :021: - Was solid for most of game, guilty of falling asleep for first goal.

McGuire :D :D :D - Same as Munro

Hastings :D :D :D - Same as Munro and McGuire

Imrie :D :D :D :D :D - Excellent performance. Tenacious, hard working, and covered every blade of grass (as they say)

Black :D :D :D - Lucky not to be ordered off and his frustration seemed to impact on his performance

Duncan :D :D :D :D - Solid (and as usual "un-noticed") performance

McBain :D :D :D - Invisible

Cowie :D :D :D :D -Back to his best for most of game. Would've had 5 smilies if he hadnt faded in parts of the second half.

Wood :D :D :D - Got the goal and looked decent enough, would have got an extra smilie if he hadnt missed sitter.

SUBS

Duff :D :D :003: - Solid enough after coming on for the injured McGuire.

Rooney :003: :003: :003: - Hard to tell on a 20 minute performance. Would like to see him get a full game sometime.

Wilson :003: :003: :022: - Not much of an impact but no real time to make one !!!

FRASER :015: :D :P He didnt really do anything wrong and blameless fer the goals.

ROSSCOE :021: :D :D :D Typical Rosscoe display - solid at the back and always trying to get forward - I felt that he did sell himself fer the first goal though.

MAGUIRE :D :D :D As Munro - still think that he could have cut out the cross fer the first goal.

HASTINGS :D :D :rotflmao: Some may say it was jet lag but does he travel across the Atlantic every feckin week. Woeful fer the second goal and hasnt got much of a clue when he goes over the half way line.

IMRIE :D :D :D :D Sneaked my MOM. Excellent first half, faded mid way through the second fer 10-15 minutes but got a second win. Brilliant free kick - looked a lot more comfortable on the left. Went asleep fer the first goal.

BLACK :D :D :thumb04: He just looked frustrated from the off. Just couldnt get into the game and showed his frustration and should really have walked. But he comes back out and looks the part again, looks calmer and then he is hooked !!

MCBAIN :018: ;) :lol: Sorry but Brew has to simply drop him - enuff of the favouritism - if we had Vigurs on from the start it may have been a different tale.

COWIE :D :D :D :D Just like the old Don fer the first 45 but the goal changed it completely. He had to drop back and was in no mans land fer 15 minutes - then he had to withdraw into a deep midfield position - that was a very poor decision tactically.

WOOD :D :003: That was fer the goal. He missed an absolute sitter which could have changed the whole game - he did the same at Falkirk but we survived - he simply isnt ready yet but he has potential.

Brew simply has to jettison Hastings - try McBain at full back fer fecks sake - bring back Vigurs and stop treating Wood like he used to use Rory - and fecked him up.

Yip agree with you bar hastings and imrie, hastings looked tired early and sclaffed clearance led to 2nd goal and Imrie had good first half but cant remember him making a pass in 2nd half.lost possession a lot.

I actually thought today was the first time we really missed Niculae, his first touch, ability on the turn and composure in the box were what was missing up-front for us today, to many times Wood, then Rooney later on panicked the moment they got on the ball and quickly tried to get rid of it again.

FRASER :015: :D :P He didnt really do anything wrong and blameless fer the goals.

ROSSCOE :021: :D :D :D Typical Rosscoe display - solid at the back and always trying to get forward - I felt that he did sell himself fer the first goal though.

HASTINGS :D :D :rotflmao: Some may say it was jet lag but does he travel across the Atlantic every feckin week. Woeful fer the second goal and hasnt got much of a clue when he goes over the half way line.

BLACK :D :D :thumb04: He just looked frustrated from the off. Just couldnt get into the game and showed his frustration and should really have walked. But he comes back out and looks the part again, looks calmer and then he is hooked !!

MCBAIN :018: ;) :lol: Sorry but Brew has to simply drop him - enuff of the favouritism - if we had Vigurs on from the start it may have been a different tale.

WOOD :D :003: That was fer the goal. He missed an absolute sitter which could have changed the whole game - he did the same at Falkirk but we survived - he simply isnt ready yet but he has potential.

I'd agree with that except for Wood's score - thought he worked well and managed to get on the ball (unlike Barrowman) without dropping so deep that we lost any threat up front (unlike Niculae). The missed chance was frustrating but it was a moving ball and he did manage to get it on target from a first time shot - it wasn't exactly Iwelumoesque. Think he would get 3 and a half smileys from me, if we did half-smileys.

wood just edged out of man of the match by imrie. thought he played a blinder up front a gave the tic defence what for all afternoon. imrie was quality today and cowie playing more like he should.

another tantrum from blackie after coming off but he needs to put the dummy back in cos at 2 down and one up front it was the right decision to take him off

wood just edged out of man of the match by imrie. thought he played a blinder up front a gave the tic defence what for all afternoon. imrie was quality today and cowie playing more like he should.

another tantrum from blackie after coming off but he needs to put the dummy back in cos at 2 down and one up front it was the right decision to take him off

Completely agree. Imrie and Wood were our two best players. Imrie had his best game since Pittodrie. Wood never gave McManus and Caldwell a minute's peace and his goal was well deserved.

You lot cant see the wood fer the trees. :rotflmao:

Of course we miss Niculae at home - but we could do with a Bingham, a Ritchie or even a Bayne up front !!

As a lone striker? Or as one of a partnership? I think Rooney is our new Bayne - do you think should he have played alone up front today, or alongside Wood? I think Wood played well with the ball to feet today and that Brewster was proably right to start him - just can't decide whether we should have started Rooney alongside him in place of McBain, or played Vigurs in midfield in place of McBain.

Edited by alternative maryhill

You lot cant see the wood fer the trees. :rotflmao:

Of course we miss Niculae at home - but we could do with a Bingham, a Ritchie or even a Bayne up front !!

As a lone striker? Or as one of a partnership? I think Rooney is our new Bayne - do you think should he have played alone up front today, or alongside Wood? I think Wood played well with the ball to feet today and that Brewster was proably right to start him - just can't decide whether we should have started Rooney alongside him in place of McBain, or played Vigurs in midfield in place of McBain.

I would deffo have played Vigurs instead of Royster - To be perfectly honest I am not overly impressed with any of our strikers and I feel that we ahve made a big gaffe in not signing an old head centre forward and/or a forward with real pace.

points for prizes..................and thats not easy to type after an early kick off.......

We did ok overall....................lost the plot for twenty minutes, then hit back................I thought we deserved a point today.

Wood should not have started - end of story.

He canna jump. he has no pace, and ball control is ZERO.

How many times did the ball bounce off his feet/knees/thighs/ankles and get taken off him..?

This is a big let down for a very good midfield who looked far mre dangerous when Barry came on, unlucky towards the end when the ball just didnt go our way.

agree with clacher, Cowie has been poor for a while now, although he did pick up a bit in the second half.

agree with clacher, Cowie has been poor for a while now, although he did pick up a bit in the second half.

i givbe up

I think my views on Cowie today wouldve been different had I not read some of his ridiculous quotes regarding his future, ability and "achievements". He did try today but he wasnt good enough and unlike Black or Immrie he didnt look like hwas ever going to be good enough, he far from put himself in the shop window.

If youre reading this Don, thats the truth, youve found your level, you need to start ignoring whoever it is thats telling you youre a superstar and concentrate on securing your place/reputation at the only SPL club to ever show interest in you..!

did any of you actually watch the game?

rossco had a decent first half but was at fault for BOTH cellic goals and very nearly a third! FACT

sooner proctor is back and replaces that donkey the better. im really excited by this squads prospects. they are young (mostly), fit and theres plenty of quality all over the park. apart from right back.

tokely really let the boys down today.

while I thought most of the team did well today thought Imre was the best seemed really up for it from the start

Agree - Imrie put in some shift today and was our motm by some distance. I also thought Wood did very well in the lone striker role (first half miss aside). Rooney is a bit of a worry for me - not sure what he gives us to be honest. Doubt he will ever be a prolific goal scorer, not much of a physical presence and first touch not great. Early days yet for him I suppose. Jamie Duff impresses more every time I see him, and given time I believe he will develop into a great footballing central defender.

I think my views on Cowie today wouldve been different had I not read some of his ridiculous quotes regarding his future, ability and "achievements". He did try today but he wasnt good enough and unlike Black or Immrie he didnt look like hwas ever going to be good enough, he far from put himself in the shop window.

If youre reading this Don, thats the truth, youve found your level, you need to start ignoring whoever it is thats telling you youre a superstar and concentrate on securing your place/reputation at the only SPL club to ever show interest in you..!

I thought Cowie was our only outlet up front in the first half. He did a lot of running and he always sought to hit the bye line and put the defenders under pressure - I have to admit that his final pass at times was poor but he has pace and he had little support from his peers when looking to play a quick ball. I am more frustrated by the fact that Cowie has not been given a specific role in the side and it cant do him any good at all that he appears to be shunted from position to position within the side. I have always felt that we should play Don consisitently in a Barry Wilson role, get him hugging the touch line, give him the ball and let him use his pace and undoubted crossing skills.

did any of you actually watch the game?

rossco had a decent first half but was at fault for BOTH cellic goals and very nearly a third! FACT

sooner proctor is back and replaces that donkey the better. im really excited by this squads prospects. they are young (mostly), fit and theres plenty of quality all over the park. apart from right back.

tokely really let the boys down today.

I am afraid that I have to agree - to a fair extent - but Imrie switched off fer the first as well, leaving Rosscoe exposed and he took the wrong choice. The second goal started from a woeful Hastings mistake and it was a great leap and header by Loovens - I dont think that any defender could have prevented that - and the third goal was again almost created cos Hastings switched off and was well out of position - having said that I think that it is well time to bench Rosscoe, Hastings and McBain.

I too am positive about our yoof - Duff and Vigurs should be given their chances and extended runs, as both have shown that they can hold their own at the SPL standard. Wood is raw but a long way off and playing him may be a real knock to his confidence. I fear that he is a Rory in waiting. Look at the difference the maturity and experience of duncan makes fer our team. We are a pretty enuff young side but we could be heading for the SFL becos the one thing that we are missing is a goal scorer or a forward with experience at the level who can hold things up and make things happen.

That was a major, major boo-boo in the summer transfers and if we dont get somebody of that ilk in over the Xmas period we could be in a real dog fight.

I was surprised to see Woods start up front himself, I was sure that Rooney would have started. While Woods may have great potential what I have seen of him thus far didnt fill me with confidence with him as the lone striker yesterday. Is Rooney not doing as well as expected in training when he didnt get picked?