FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A man finished

Alex MacLeod

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Alex but it sounds to me like a man who cares, is really fecked off by a 5-0 defeat, and doesn't ever want it to happen again.

No Clue- sorry, but then again all the championship managers on here would know better than a man who has over 20 years experience in Pro football and a man who has the highest coaching accreditation that UEFA can give out !

Face facts, Celtic and Rangers are light years ahead of ICT in resources, yes on a day a result could happen but whats also for sure is that ICT, Hamilton, ST Mirren, Dunfermline, Dundee,Dundee Utd, St Johnstone, Motherwell, Kilmarnock WILL ALL GET HUMPED FROM TIME TO TIME

As for BW to become involved ( if only i could say )

Sorry Alex but it sounds to me like a man who cares, is really fecked off by a 5-0 defeat, and doesn't ever want it to happen again.

No Clue- sorry, but then again all the championship managers on here would know better than a man who has over 20 years experience in Pro football and a man who has the highest coaching accreditation that UEFA can give out !

Face facts, Celtic and Rangers are light years ahead of ICT in resources, yes on a day a result could happen but whats also for sure is that ICT, Hamilton, ST Mirren, Dunfermline, Dundee,Dundee Utd, St Johnstone, Motherwell, Kilmarnock WILL ALL GET HUMPED FROM TIME TO TIME

Ralph he may have 20 years experience in pro football but how many of them have been as a successful manager, good players dont automatically make great coaches

Ralph, have I ever chatted to you outwith the arena? As to the interview..IMO he was stuck for answers. Yes I agre about the OF but we have always been fired up for thwm.......today we were dead.

HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH someone on the same prescription as me

Scotty

Yes he has passed it.

Alex

Would you not be lost for words if you'd just been turned over like that?

Stevico

Not saying he's going to be one of Scotlands all time great managers but people on here need to give him much more respect than is being shown at the moment. I believe it's a big season for the club and it will be much stronger next year for it.

THEY WILL NOT BE RELEGATED, I'LL BET MY HOUSE ON IT

You don't live in one of those County-style towable houses Ralphie? :rotflmao:

Honestly though, what respect does he deserve? He walked away from us, dragged his own club down, and apart from being a great player on the park for us, what else?

Scotty

Yes he has passed it.

Alex

Stevico

Not saying he's going to be one of Scotlands all time great managers but people on here need to give him much more respect than is being shown at the moment. I believe it's a big season for the club and it will be much stronger next year for it.

You still haven't answered my question but PM and I wouldn't tell. I have a feeling I know who you are!

Scotty

Yes he has passed it.

Alex

Stevico

You still haven't answered my question but PM and I wouldn't tell. I have a feeling I know who you are!

Alex, Sorry no need for PM's yet, i've not met you to my knowledge

Scotty

Yes he has passed it.

Alex

Stevico

Ralph I hope you are right, but can you honestly say you are not concerned that there is something seriously wrong

He has lost the ability to motivate the players...... can we sign whassisname.... Rednapp ?

Really fecked off tonight... but were we ever going to beat the scum? naaaaa we need results at hibs and falkirk, lets face it we are pysh,.... but why?

I only wish Brewster was finished. There is something far wrong with us just now - Caley are not a team that usually get turned over like that - OK i accept everybody gets humped once in a while and we are no different.

However we have always been up for the old firm and we should of taken something off Celtic a couple of weeks ago but today was 5-0 going on 10............

last 5 games = 5 straight defeats , how much longer is Brewster going to get?? ( Managers have been sacked with better results ) He is systematically destroying the team.

And there is no sign of improvement - and i can only see relegation under the guidance of Brewster im afraid. Ive been saying it since the day he was re-instated.

Now im sure Ralph will be gunning for me again - but thats my opinion.

Brewster needs to go now and give us the chance to lick our wounds turn our season around and concentrate on survival.

We're in serious trouble at the moment.....

A couple of games aside, the way we've been playing so far this season, a total thrashing was on the cards and it could have come from anywhere, it just so happens it was today against one of the OF, but unless there's changes, then I wouldn't bet against it happening again against someone else.

From a psychological perspective that sounded like a man who could smell the feckin coffee and was trying to avoid the inevitable. The man was a feckin great player, a decent coach, a feckin brilliant fitness preacher but NOT a tactician nor a people person nor a manager.

Really sorry - but I have now listened to that five times and, from a psychological perspective - I am DISGUSTED. His arrogance is astounding - at no time has he even considered to shoulder any of the blame for today - nor as he ever tried to shoulder any of the blame for the past mistakes. He should be accepting the blame but he is trying to project it on to th players - he has truly lost the dressing room - he has completely lost any regard that I have ever had for him.

Listen to the false tone of his voice - does he take any of the blame ? - does he try to protect his players or some of them ?

Listen to him - Listen to this closely a few times - from a psychological point of view - get the patronising **** OUT.

The situation is on a knife edge.

If the club are even contemplating refreshing the Manager's position can they afford to pay/buy off Mr Brewster's

contract and the big question of who is available to step in at a moment's notice is paramount?

One could speculate that little may have been done to review this question ,of immediate replacement, in the past few months so panic could occur in Management ranks if they think that an immediate change could be the only way to benefit the club and there is no viable alternative so to speak.

On the other hand, if serious thought has been given to this and replacement is not viewed as a serious challenge sufficient to induce panic, the situation is more positive and likely to lead to a more deliberate and considerd decision.Which hopefully could resolve the financial challenge that sacking the Manager might preciptate?

So the question of replacement now hinges on why should the Manager be replaced?--should it be because when crises arise it is the done thing to effect? ...OR, someone has to be a scapegoat?... OR ,well the players won't take the blame so what other choices are there in "this stalemate situation" ?

Hopefully, if and when such a decision is made, the Board will openly inform the fans of the reasons not only to be fair to the Manager but to ensure that the fans perceive it to be fair. Many fans have the tendency to knee jerk a decision like this in situations where the team is having a bad run and immediately bray for the Board to take the easy way out by sacking the Manager--which of course implies that the Manager , for whatever reason, is completely to blame for the developing debacle which I assess may not in this case be entirely true.

Then, again, the simple question arises--what does that say about the players themselves and what character are they displaying by not taking some of the blame and being happy in their silence to see the demise of a Manager whom they may simply dislike. Nowadays ,young persons in society do not respect authority as a matter of course thinking they are their equals and that may be a sign of the times but it also may be a sign of the gangrene that society is displaying in allowing these disfunctional societal tendencies to develop. In this circumstance it means that balance and proper teamwork do not exist otherwise this disharmony would not exist.And in this situation the club does not appear to have the resources to sack and replace every player who for any reason does not fit in and whose replacement may , or may not, fit in anyway.

If Mr Brewster were to be asked to leave at any time in the future no doubt he would hopefully not suffer a long football decline and would gain meaningful employment ,with all his experience, soon thereafter. Also, bearing in mind that since it appears that he gets a hefty salar, one that I have no doubt many of us would take years to earn, it could be said that his financial suffering would not be great. It's not like he is on the Government pension is it?

Waving a magic wand tragically will not improve this situation which is a difficult one for the club to resolve for the above, and other, reasons. I have no solution to offer, merely expressing some of the thoughts on both sides of the coin that may and should be considered. With the future health and welfare of the club as the main concern at all times.

A person can falter and fall in life but heart, passion, vigour and determination to act correctly can always lead to a rise into better circumstances developing into success. Unfortunately a football club like Caley Thistle may not die to live again if they go down ..........................

If push came to shove I think I would already have made my decision but I don't think it would be constructive to state what I would do or think would be the best course. That is entirely up to the Managers of the club to ponder.

Really sorry - but I have now listened to that five times and, from a psychological perspective - I am DISGUSTED. His arrogance is astounding - at no time has he even considered to shoulder any of the blame for today - nor as he ever tried to shoulder any of the blame for the past mistakes. He should be accepting the blame but he is trying to project it on to th players - he has truly lost the dressing room - he has completely lost any regard that I have ever had for him.

Listen to the false tone of his voice - does he take any of the blame ? - does he try to protect his players or some of them ?

Listen to him - Listen to this closely a few times - from a psychological point of view - get the patronising **** OUT.

thats why I am not convinced he will walk

Was it not Sutherland who was desperate for Brew to come back?

Now that is the problem - Orion or Savage or Grasser or Sutherland or Tullochs ?? :rotflmao:

Think about it ? And realise that there are disposable pawns - (CC) - in the TCS power struggle - but the sufferers are the players and the fans.