New Manager

Pele_Is_God

Izzy--good post!

Time for some real objectivity and positivity now.

Robertson seems to be a bustler who wears his heart on his sleeve. His temperament is that of a hustler too who won't suffer fools gladly and what he says is what he means. Cards on the table stuff but coming from a person with a wealth of background experience which unfortunately, Richie did not have. Chalk compared to cheese  actually.

I.e. he should garner the respect of the troops quickly and his advice and instructions should be heard loud and clear and applied as instructed... or else?        IMHO -- just the ticket for ICT at this juncture of their history.

Gentlemen of the Jury--it's onward and upward.:clapoverhead::ictscarf:

• Agree 7

2 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Izzy--good post!

Time for some real objectivity and positivity now.

Robertson seems to be a bustler who wears his heart on his sleeve. His temperament is that of a hustler too who won't suffer fools gladly and what he says is what he means. Cards on the table stuff but coming from a person with a wealth of background experience which unfortunately, Richie did not have. Chalk compared to cheese  actually.

I.e. he should garner the respect of the troops quickly and his advice and instructions should be heard loud and clear and applied as instructed... or else?        IMHO -- just the ticket for ICT at this juncture of their history.

Gentlemen of the Jury--it's onward and upward.:clapoverhead::ictscarf:

Right on - I've a heck of a lot more optimism about this coming season than I had a couple of weeks ago..

• Agree 4

Our board appears to be very accident prone, firing Hughes, appointing Foran, season ticket prices, sacking Shearer by voicemail (Utterly unacceptable in any job) just what were they thinking? Re the appointment of Robertson remember he inherited a very good side which was already close as regards promotion, what I didn't like was his use of the big switch ball to the back of the box a throwback to when he himself last played I found it ironic that he succeeded where Patterson had failed, to be fair he did bring in two very good players. I hope he succeeds though I worry about him being out of the game for so long. I think an older Manager is preferable in that he should have the gravitas to get the respect of the dressing room which Foran clearly did not command. Robbo at least should be a safe pair of hands whether he gets us up or not will depend on his signings, we need to shore up a leaky defence and a misfiring front line.

1 hour ago, wynthank15 said:

Our board appears to be very accident prone, firing Hughes, appointing Foran, season ticket prices, sacking Shearer by voicemail (Utterly unacceptable in any job) just what were they thinking? Re the appointment of Robertson remember he inherited a very good side which was already close as regards promotion, what I didn't like was his use of the big switch ball to the back of the box a throwback to when he himself last played I found it ironic that he succeeded where Patterson had failed, to be fair he did bring in two very good players. I hope he succeeds though I worry about him being out of the game for so long. I think an older Manager is preferable in that he should have the gravitas to get the respect of the dressing room which Foran clearly did not command. Robbo at least should be a safe pair of hands whether he gets us up or not will depend on his signings, we need to shore up a leaky defence and a misfiring front line.

He hasn't been out of the game since leaving East Fife-been coaching at Hearts & apparently has had management offers which he has turned down..

• 3 weeks later...

I liked his style when he was here before an I hope he can rekindle the fire in the player's bellies. They have to want it big style so let's wait and see where Robbo and his mainly new squad gets us.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic