FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster acknowledges the fans at last.

Guest birdog

Fine Brew, I'll get off your back on the following conditions:

You motivate the players sufficiently that they actually give a s*** on matchday.

You come up with a tactical plan that isn't just bizarre.

If things aren't going our way, you make changes rather than standing arms folded.

Your team actually give us a sliver of entertainment.

You take the blame when your plans go wrong, rather than blaming it on the players, the fans, or the little pixies in your head.

Basically, I'll get off your back when you start doing what you're paid to do.

Note that I haven't even asked for good results!

4-5-1

4-4-2

5-4-1

A good player can play anywhere...

If you at least act as if you know what youre doing it might be a start. Basically, CB, what have you done for this club that has been anything better than mediocre. Sure a few good scores and runs, but that was with a different team, youve sold all the best ones cos they didnt agree with you. And pray tell who will you be buying to replace Black, Dods, Niculae, Rankin, Wilson, even Cowie?

A drowning person clutches at straws.

The Club certainly need the fans and yes someone or some people have misjudged the difficulty this Club has got itself into season. The pundits now appear spot on. The club operate on the basis 'it's our turn to go bottom but we can get out of this mess philosophy'. Can we not give Brew 4 weeks notice and see if morale reaches sky high again and whether everybody will put all hands to the pumps? Or do we have more warring factions than Iraq?

The fans were not responsible for a series of mistakes this year. These were not defensive errors.

The players and fans did not want Donald to leave. They rated Rankin. They did not want Wilson to be elbowed out. They did not want Bayne to go. They did believe Bannerman was more capable and competent than has been the case. They have craved a big stopper since Dodds left. They questioned Lionel's rescue from oblivion. Some did not feel replicating the very unsuccessful management failure team from Dundee United was prudent. Many were upset at Denzil's loss. The fans continue to question whether Procter has the strength, skill and height to be an SPL Central Defender. Many fans believe Black is a better footballer and brighter than the Manager and perhaps suffered for this. Many fans do not buy into Calderwood's support for his ex-player when 100% of the Dons fans and management do not want Brewster any where near the management of Aberdeen FC.

I believe the fans and players are 100% behind the club and relishing a fight for survival. There is just something missing, performance in most walks of life is well paid and rewarded but failure is normally not rewarded and despite weeks of listening to debate on these boards and in the city I cannot quite work out where the problem lies. I think that is the problem for the Board. Brew clearly cannot see the reason why we are not pulling together. Sooner or later......he will be the only one with that view.

He's just digging his own grave deeper with statements like this:

"We tried to go defensive with a back five because we've been letting goals in and thought we could get a lift the longer it went without Motherwell scoring. But when crosses come into the box we need to be stronger and tougher to deal with them because it's killing us."

This makes it sound like we were simply beaten for strength on each occasion, but the first goal was nothing to do with a lack of strength: Porter was left on his own at the back post in yards of space. That suggests a lack of organisation and surely shows Brewster that 3 central defenders are no more likely to prevent goals than 2 central defenders unless they are well-drilled in how to play together and able to help each other out on the pitch.

His radio interview sounds very very desperate indeed. A hunted man. "Stick together"=dont sack me.

A good player can play anywhere. Apart from the fact that Ferguson has yet to try Ronaldo in goals, we do not have, and never have had, "good" players. Ours have been at best adequate, by any absolute standard. This has been ameliorised by the fact they have been well-drilled, and knew how to play as a team. When you tinker with the formation once or twice a game, you lose that. A good manager can eh manage anyone.

Come on. At least this time he's acknowledged that the fans are "raging", but the same stock, clueless excuses are long past their sell by date. Would you ask a postie to fix your gas supply? Then why ask people to play out of position week after week? The fans have known that, defensively at least, ICT have been shot since Darren Dodds went. Rangers can, and will rip that defense to shreds. Can you see what Kris Boyd will do against David Proctor, because I can.

I begin to wonder here. I used to think that CB was reasonably quick on the uptake but he's now either doing the fingers in ears "la la la" thing or he knows that he' s unassailable within the club. Either way CB, find some pride in yourself if nothing else and simply leave. That article shows that you need to.

Now.

Not a chance Brewster, sorry. You've had your time and your chances and you're not producing the goods so time to go.

I'm fed up with the negative football, the negative attitudes and the constant....well, I was going to say mistakes, but I think it's gone way beyond that and into a situation where I think your so far detached from the fans and the squad that there's no way back, even if people were to accept a stay of execution.

I'm fed up of hearing every week that we all need to stick together, that you know what needs to be done, yet witnessing nothing which demonstrates even a hint of improvement or getting us out of this situation. I'm fed up of the fact you don't shoulder any blame and constantly point the finger elsewhere.

Since this club was formed we've constantly had to battle the fact that the fans of many other teams looked down their noses at us. We had earned a certain respect in Scottish Football through hard work and a never say die attitude, a respect which was bolstered by the fact we never bought our way through the leagues and got where we are by grafting for it. In the last year you have managed to undo much of what this club has achieved since it's creation in 1994 and that's just not acceptable in my book.

I for one will not let up until you are removed from your position as ICT Manager and if you want to retain what little respect may remain then it's time you faced reality and moved on before you damage this club beyond repair, and before you damage your own reputation beyond repair and ruin any chance you might have of even getting into management at a lower level.

In short, you MUST go, and you must go now.

Not a chance Brewster, sorry. You've had your time and your chances and you're not producing the goods so time to go.

I'm fed up with the negative football, the negative attitudes and the constant....well, I was going to say mistakes, but I think it's gone way beyond that and into a situation where I think your so far detached from the fans and the squad that there's no way back, even if people were to accept a stay of execution.

I'm fed up of hearing every week that we all need to stick together, that you know what needs to be done, yet witnessing nothing which demonstrates even a hint of improvement or getting us out of this situation. I'm fed up of the fact you don't shoulder any blame and constantly point the finger elsewhere.

Since this club was formed we've constantly had to battle the fact that the fans of many other teams looked down their noses at us. We had earned a certain respect in Scottish Football through hard work and a never say die attitude, a respect which was bolstered by the fact we never bought our way through the leagues and got where we are by grafting for it. In the last year you have managed to undo much of what this club has achieved since it's creation in 1994 and that's just not acceptable in my book.

I for one will not let up until you are removed from your position as ICT Manager and if you want to retain what little respect may remain then it's time you faced reality and moved on before you damage this club beyond repair, and before you damage your own reputation beyond repair and ruin any chance you might have of even getting into management at a lower level.

:rotflmao:

Agree with everything said here but he aint going to walk, in News of World it says even though the visiting fans called for Brewster to quit he has no intention of doing that, he said " am I confident I can turn this around? Absolutely"

Agree with everything said here but he aint going to walk, in News of World it says even though the visiting fans called for Brewster to quit he has no intention of doing that, he said " am I confident I can turn this around? Absolutely"

And the longer he tries to hang on, the longer it will take his replacement to sort everything out...that's if he'll have any decent players left to work with....

When will he waken up to the fact the buck has to stop with him?

From http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools...utd/6096438.stm

'Brewster ousted as Tannadice boss

Craig Brewster has departed as Dundee United manager and BBC Sport understands that Craig Levein will be announced as his replacement on Monday.

But Brewster could make a quick return to management with former club Dunfermline Athletic.

Brewster might have saved his job had the SPL's bottom side beaten Falkirk on Saturday, but they were hammered 5-1.

United, though, insisted on Sunday that the player-boss had left "by mutual and amicable agreement".

Assistant Malcolm Thomson has also left the club, the pair having led the club to just two victories in 28 league games during their 10 months at Tannadice.

United director Derek Robertson said: "Following detailed discussions, it was agreed that it was now in the best interests of Dundee United, Craig Brewster and Malky Thomson to part on amicable and mutually respectful terms.

"We are hugely disappointed that Craig Brewster's latest spell with the club should end in this way.

"However, the future of Dundee United is dependent on securing a position based on results.

"And all parties recognise that results and performances have been less than acceptable and less than Dundee United supporters deserve.

"Craig Brewster leaves the club with his integrity intact and we would like to take this opportunity to wish him and Malky every success in their future careers."

And from http://nothing-if-not-critical.blogspot.co...01_archive.html

''Just when I thought that the press puppies were writing rather weary copy and in need of a mid-season sunshine break, or at least a decent walk, along comes a weekend where crisis abounds in the SPL - and there's nothing like the prospect of a little villification to get the pack snapping again. One fox they certainly have by the tail is Dundee United manager Craig Brewster, whose side were humbled 5-1 at Falkirk, and the collective opinion is that his time as manager of United is over.

"Craig Brewster?s fate as Dundee United manager was sealed with this most humiliating of defeats," raged Neil White in the Sunday Times, where Falkirk "dominated the game with sweeping passing moves, picking at the United lines like vultures on a carcass". YES!!! YES!!! That's what we've been missing in recent weeks - crass, inappropriate cliches with a zoological bent; the backbone of football writing. Wait a minute...here's another from Gordon Wadell in the Sunday Mail, sadly without any animal references: "Craig Brewster wrote his own death warrant with his after-match speech last weekend. And he signed it the minute he handed in his teamsheet yesterday." BRILLIANT!!! I didn't even realise we had "death warrants" any more, nevermind managers opting for a bit of "hari-kari" just before kick-off. No wonder the Sunday Herald's Natasha Woods thought the second half "was just carnage". Sadly, Martin Hannan in Scotland On Sunday opted not to sink his incisors into the bloody mess, but he did start his report with this pearl: "The first thing that must be said is that Falkirk hugely deserved this win," reckoned Hannan, just in case the reader thought United had been cruelly dazzled by five breakaway goals. However he did recover his senses to note that United "were utterly dreadful....rubbish, pure and simple".''

All too familiar?

Come on. At least this time he's acknowledged that the fans are "raging"

no, that was the journalist !!! He has never admitted his role in any of this malaise and therein lies the problem.

Cant really add anything to what others have said ... for the good of Inverness Caledonian Thistle he must go, and he must go NOW.

He's just not got what it takes in management. That's 2 clubs in a row he has steered towards the bottom of the league into squeaky bum territory. The only reason that didn't happen during his first spell with us was because he wasn't here long enough to unravel all the good work of previous managers.

The club can't leave it any longer. I'd take Robbo's motivational skills over Brewster's any day.