FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Munro comments

Yngwie

Munro says the players have underperformed and have to take some of the blame, which is riteenuff. Perhaps more significant is what he doesn't say, ie anything positive or supportive about the manager.

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Footbal...ans/gnid-33280/

?As players we have to take responsibility ? maybe we need to take a look at ourselves,? Munro told the Press and Journal.

?Maybe some of the boys are not doing their jobs properly.

?We have to take a look at ourselves in the mirror and ask if we are doing our job and a lot of boys are not. It is down to us.

?The fans can shout whatever they want; they pay their money and understandably can say what they want.

?They can vent their anger on us as well; it is not just the management team.

?The manager puts the team on the park but we are not producing and it is not good enough for Inverness overall.?

The Highlanders have only won one of their last seven matches, and Munro admits that it is hurting the team.

?The longer you keep losing games the confidence is not there,? he explained.

?There is a bit of panic at the moment as we don?t want to be at the bottom of the league.

?We just have to keep believing and working hard as a team and individually we have to do a lot better. "

?The fans can shout whatever they want; they pay their money and understandably can say what they want.

what you on about Munro - havent some of our supporters been kicked out of the ground or harassed because of saying what they want.

rather than put your foot in your mouth shut up and put your foot against the ball hard so it hits the net

"The fans can shout whatever they want; they pay their money and understandably can say what they want.

what you on about Munro - havent some of our supporters been kicked out of the ground or harassed because of saying what they want.

rather than put your foot in your mouth shut up and put your foot against the ball hard so it hits the net

Funny how things can be interrupted differently. During an interview where he's obviously been instructed to pedal the party line I read this one line as possibly showing encouragement/support for the fans to keep on making their views known.

"The fans can shout whatever they want; they pay their money and understandably can say what they want.

Funny how things can be interrupted differently. During an interview where he's obviously been instructed to pedal the party line I read this one line as possibly showing encouragement/support for the fans to keep on making their views known.

Funnily, that's just what I was thinking ? Not the most ringing endorsement of our manager by his club captain !

I think Munro here has been wheeled out to try and take the heat off Brew. No player seeks out the media, he cant. He has to be advised by the club when and where to have an interview. As this is a Setanta one, all the more so.

Munro was as candid as he could, he didnt praise Brew once, just said that the players are not without blame, which i guess is fair, but a very small percentage of the overall picture.

Players have full backing. As always!!

yeah , hilarious :rotflmao:

yeah , hilarious :rotflmao:

that was kind of my point, he did seem to be on the supporters side, but certain fans were removed from the TCS or banners removed due to making their views known

The board can wheel out who they like to appease the fans unrest with the obligatory " we understand" line, but the fact is that we are heading for relegation, and i for one dont need soundbites from under-performing players in the local press to make it better..its a bit insulting

Aye Don - its the art of reading between the lines - It is like following a script without touching on any nerves and not really meaning what you say or leaving it to interpretation.

But why cant our gutless Board see that ?

Its very difficult for Grant to speak out, if he does have anything to say, but surely even he must be embarrassed by this mornings training session..............."after warm up they done some passing, some running then a wee bit shooting b4 a wee 5 aside game".

Sounds like a typical pre-match warm up. Can someone point out to me where the 'coaching' in that is.