FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stadium Announcer

CaleyMad

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think there are also copyright issues with Bring it on Home are there not ? It was one of the reasons the club stopped playing it.

It was 2 Lady GaGa tunes and they were both requested :P

followed by the alcoholics who squeeze in as many drinks as possible before rushing to the game :blah01:

I must complain bitterly about this comment.... we dont rush anywhere!!!1

I wasn't there but I am one of those you love pipe bands and would be happy for them to do a stint at all games. Trouble is, during the games and competition seasons its difficult to get a band.

Childrens footie is also entertaining. It tends to grab the attention more than some of the things they do.

Flybe could do an egg throwing at the opposition manager competition as well.

No thanks, I can't stand bagpipes, like nails on a blackboard. And please change that dreadful tune when the team come out. It's horrible.

I'd happily play "Bring it on Home" and if someone can point me in the direction of the tune to "Oh Inverness" then I'll see what I can do there also.

The tune played at the end was Highland Cathedral....the same tune the players run out to but it was the "CaleyD Mix", a slightly faster version of the original that I put together (a few years back now) with a few extras thrown in.

Isnt the tune 'When the saints go marching in' by Louis Armstrong?

Yeah i think it is. Try and get the verson without the lyrics.

Prodigy Omen,

(or Invaders must die)

Daft Punk, Technologcy

Coldplay, Life in techincolour ii

Killers, spaceman

Some decent songs there - are you meaning Technologic by DP?

A bit of the Prodigy just before kick off wouldn't go a miss - not too sure many of the "older" fans would agree though?

glad i'm not old... :rotflmao:

Prodigy Omen,

(or Invaders must die)

Daft Punk, Technologcy

Coldplay, Life in techincolour ii

Killers, spaceman

Some decent songs there - are you meaning Technologic by DP?

A bit of the Prodigy just before kick off wouldn't go a miss - not too sure many of the "older" fans would agree though?

glad i'm not old... :rotflmao:

I'm old, and they are all on my ipod thingie. And I agree with getting rid of that dirge "highland cathedral" Utter mince. Been done before, but I think "the great escape" whistling tune might be a good one for the Falkirk game.

No more pipe bands please , Inverness is a modern city nowadays and we dont want to be seen as stereotypical Teuchters . Its much the same as the guys that feel the need to wear a kilt to the game :rotflmao:

what bollox!

You ashamed of being from the highlands? We should be using every bit of our heritage to enhance the clubs image... I couldn't care less what other supporters/media think of us, we are ICT from Inverness in Scotland... f*ck everyone else!!

(even if I have stayed in the central belt for the last 6 years :rotflmao: )

Guest birdog

No more pipe bands please , Inverness is a modern city nowadays and we dont want to be seen as stereotypical Teuchters . Its much the same as the guys that feel the need to wear a kilt to the game :blink:

what bollox!

You ashamed of being from the highlands? We should be using every bit of our heritage to enhance the clubs image... I couldn't care less what other supporters/media think of us, we are ICT from Inverness in Scotland... f*ck everyone else!!

(even if I have stayed in the central belt for the last 6 years :023: )

The pipes are bollox. They were invented in the middle east, I don't see many arabs trying to hold on to that heritage! Outdated and a horrible screeching noise, no wonder enemies ran from them.

Edited by birdog

No more pipe bands please , Inverness is a modern city nowadays and we dont want to be seen as stereotypical Teuchters . Its much the same as the guys that feel the need to wear a kilt to the game :blink:

what bollox!

(even if I have stayed in the central belt for the last 6 years :023: )

I take it you sit in listening to pipe band music dressed in your kilt eating shortbread off an evening ? As your so proud of your Highland heritage .

Guest Mahonio

[i take it you sit in listening to pipe band music dressed in your kilt eating shortbread off an evening ? As your so proud of your Highland heritage/quote]

:lol: Here, He might not but i do. As a matter of fact when they are playing on a Saturday night In Thurso Town Centre i go down every week until the end of the piping season!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: :(

No more pipe bands please , Inverness is a modern city nowadays and we dont want to be seen as stereotypical Teuchters . Its much the same as the guys that feel the need to wear a kilt to the game :lol:

What utter bo**ocks. Pipe bands are not a teuchter thing. They are world wide. Maybe you need to get out of Dalneigh and see a bit of the world. Some of the most successful pipe bands of the last thirty or so years have been Glasgow Police Pipeband, Field Marshall Montgomery Pipeband (Ireland), Torphichen and Bathgate Pipeband, Toronto Police Pipeband. None of those are Highland bands. Indeed I dont think a Highland band has ever made grade 1.

Bit of useless information..........there are more than three hundred bands in Canada.

Anyway, to get back on topic. Should the choice of music not be something that everyone can enjoy.

Guest birdog

Anyway, to get back on topic. Should the choice of music not be something that everyone can enjoy.

No music will ever suit everyone's taste Alex, you know that, but pipe bands just add to the old stereotype of the Brigadoon type Highlander, should a young and inspirational club like ourselves not be aiming for a young inspirational image?

Edited by birdog

What the Hell is wrong with you people? The Pipes are Brilliant. Makes you proud to be scottish When you hear them being playing on American Films and such. It shows how loved they are. And complaining about the pipes is more teuchter than liking them! All Bloody teuchters complain constantly!

BRING ON THE PIPES :lol:

Guest birdog

What the Hell is wrong with you people? The Pipes are Brilliant. Makes you proud to be scottish When you hear them being playing on American Films and such. It shows how loved they are. And complaining about the pipes is more teuchter than liking them! All Bloody teuchters complain constantly!

BRING ON THE PIPES :lol:

I bet you can't wait until tourist season really kicks off so you can get down the square every Saturday night and have Betty shake her tin asking for donations for the band :lol::lol:

I am with DornochCasual on this one .... nothing wrong with the pipes !!! I hear them being played after every Toronto FC game by a busker outside the stadium .... he makes a fortune too !!!

No more pipe bands please , Inverness is a modern city nowadays and we dont want to be seen as stereotypical Teuchters . Its much the same as the guys that feel the need to wear a kilt to the game :lol:

What utter bo**ocks. Pipe bands are not a teuchter thing. They are world wide. Maybe you need to get out of Dalneigh and see a bit of the world. Some of the most successful pipe bands of the last thirty or so years have been Glasgow Police Pipeband, Field Marshall Montgomery Pipeband (Ireland), Torphichen and Bathgate Pipeband, Toronto Police Pipeband. None of those are Highland bands. Indeed I dont think a Highland band has ever made grade 1.

Bit of useless information..........there are more than three hundred bands in Canada.

I resemble that remark!

The pipe band I'm in turns 100 years old next year. We claim to be the oldest civilian pipe band in North America.

And Alex...you forgot Simon Fraser University.