What's Happened To Pavels?

Mike

With Pavels coming into the team at a very difficult time and doing very well, what has happened that now he doesn't get the automatic starting place that the majority on here would assume?

Now that he hasn't started for the last few games and they have taken Ross from his familiar role and put him in the centre, do you think they will even contemplate renewing Pavels contract?

I think Tokely was moved to centre half when Pavels was injured and now Butcher is worried about changing it about again. If he puts Tokley to right back, and Pavels back in, and we get murdered by motherwell, people would blame it on taking Tokley out of centre half.

That's a bit harsh. The highlights clearly show Canning was climbing all over him and holding him down.

Aye, true, just wondering how the ref never noticed!

I'd like to see a Pavels/Rosscoe defence line at this point, especially with Munro not necessarily at the top of his game and doing this constant hoofing nonsense, that if anything will lead to more goals conceded by simply gifting the opposition possesion could be pivital in ICt current circumstances.

Well i was at the last hamilton game, and talking to the nice ladies at the club shop on the friday. One of them said she had to take pavels home as it was a rib injury.

Just a hunch but he may still not be 100%, ribs take a long time healing. He has played reserve games and been on the bench.

Hes a fan favourite so im surprised there hasnt been an outcry him no starting. Id have had him in there at hamilton, and definitely for tomorrow.

Also, the ref probably didnt give the foul on Tokely as no one, including him, appealed!

I'd say shift Tokely back and recall Pavels.

Proctor was rather lousy on Sunday and i really don't think he merits much of a place in the team at the moment.

Why are you bothering discussing this - if any of us were in Butchers position we would probably stick to a system which is working - to a degree. I can accept what he is doing at Midden and against Hamilton (except Zadi) - we only lost a goal a game - we are unbeaten - we have a settled side - and he could be rollicked if he changed it too much. I suspect that the line up will remain relatively unchanged until the end of the season - perhaps Obdiambo may be the exception. After all Butcher has little choice now has he ?