Thanks to great away fans

CrieffPar

Would like to say thanks to the ICT fans i met at EEP on Sat. My friend who loves ICT wanted to go to the game and offered to go in the Pars end, but as she has does this for me before i wanted her to enjoy the game and for her to feel free to openly support her team. Mistakenly i did likewise, and was rightly taken to task for jumping up when Dunfermline almost scored in 1st half, for those who was there i was the old grey haired guy with the white top near the front of the stand. At half time i made a point of meeting a really friendly ICT fan who had been most vocal about my behaviour and wanted me moved, but after a warm handshake and discussing the game and some history about your club, we both agreed it's a shame that fans are not able to stand/sit together as we used to in the past. The fans that came down to Fife were brilliant, outstanding vocal support and i look forward to sitting with you again at EEP, as i will be doing when you travel down to Dundee where i will be supporting Caley Thistle. Good luck and i hope you bounce straight back up, see you all at Dundee, C'mon Caley

Since you were the only person and not causing any trouble I dont really see a problem with it.

I dont think there was a great deal of segregation at the game as I am positive I saw 2 or 3 guys with Dunfermline tops on going into the shop at half time

I dont think you really want us to go up though. Surely you want the Pars to be in the SPL next year

Edited by jaggie1994

I dont think there was a great deal of segregation at the game as I am positive I saw 2 or 3 guys with Dunfermline tops on going into the shop at half time

Whenever I sit in the main stand and sitting at the far end(and we're not losing) I usually just go into the away end to get a steak bridie, less of a wait.

Whenever I sit in the main stand and sitting at the far end(and we're not losing) I usually just go into the away end to get a steak bridie, less of a wait.

Thats a good reason. I just found it a bit strange

Steak Bridie :blink:

Well done mate.

Your right, it would be a shame if two reasonably decent set of fans cant sit close. It would be a different matter mind you if the pars were taking us to the cleaners, scoring loads of goals and you rubbing salt in the wounds.

However the game wasnt like that! Football is there to be enjoyed. I live localish to EEP nowadays, and have many friends from Dunfermline, alot of which are pars fans! They were gubbed when i seen them later ha! Its not that they lost, its the way they lost.

Lets face it, if there wasnt two teams and two sets of fans, there would be no game!!

"At half time i made a point of meeting a really friendly ICT fan who had been most vocal about my behaviour and wanted me moved, but after a warm handshake and discussing the game and some history about your club, we both agreed it's a shame that fans are not able to stand/sit together as we used to in the past." -

Hmm believe it may have been my father "Big T Fan" who got carried away and protested his disgruntlement with you.

Think it was partly due to his age (grumpy old man syndrome) and the fact he'd had a couple of shandies.

:P