FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Lescott

DornochCaley

This is descrace. Im sick of Man City and greedy footballers. No Loyalty, none at all. Sick of it. Football is run by money. Discrace! Modern football is a descrace to the great tradition of football being a Working mans game.

Lescott is now another name i will add to my list of footballers i cant stand.

This is descrace. Im sick of Man City and greedy footballers. No Loyalty, none at all. Sick of it. Football is run by money. Discrace! Modern football is a descrace to the great tradition of football being a Working mans game.

ok, what have City (who, I must confess, I have followed as a season ticket holder for nearly 40 years before I came home to Scotland) done...........that other football clubs haven't been doing for years?

Regarding Lescott, City put in 2 bids that were rejected, and now the player has asked for a transfer. Nothing illegal there.

As for money ruining football.......did you kick up a fuss at Man Utd, Blackburn, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Celtic and Rangers buying success? And that's just the recent UK clubs. If so well done. I agree, it would be great if every club could only play with sqauds they develop, but it has never happened. for the past 100 years clubs have bought players from other clubs. The money today is indeed ridiculous, but if 50,000 people paid to watch you work 'live' + millions on telly you could reasonably ask for extortionate wages.

A level playing field would be great but I've never come across one yet in any walk of life.

And I should add in defence of the club I spent a small fortune on over the years, in the past 10 years City have had 27 players from their Youth academy play for their first team in the top 2 English divisions. I'd be interested to see anyone show that Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Rangers or Celtic have done the same to develop talent?

What City are doing is not affecting Caley, if it makes a foreign league more competitive just sit back and enjoy it

A level playing field would be great but I've never come across one yet in any walk of life.

MLS is about as close as it gets in football terms. The league own the players contracts and all teams have the same salary cap to work within. There is no real transfer market as such and players are swapped or traded for things like draft picks or additional player slots.

For example Toronto might swap a US player with a US team and ask for one of their "senior international" slots as part of the deal. This would allow Toronto to sign an additional international player (ie. a non-Canadian over 21). also, when players are transferred out (eg Maurice Edu → Rangers) the MLS team only get a proportion of the fee, not the whole fee and can only use some of it to ease salary cap issues, the rest must be used for "develpment" in things like grass roots football or youth academies etc. The DP rule does allow a bit of a workaround but for now, quite a lot of teams are on the same level.

It will be interesting to see if the ridiculously complicated "roster" rules are changed over the coming years or they do something with the salary cap ... but for now it can be quite complicated but definitely a leveller.

ok, what have City (who, I must confess, I have followed as a season ticket holder for nearly 40 years before I came home to Scotland) done...........that other football clubs haven't been doing for years?

Regarding Lescott, City put in 2 bids that were rejected, and now the player has asked for a transfer. Nothing illegal there.

As for money ruining football.......did you kick up a fuss at Man Utd, Blackburn, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Celtic and Rangers buying success? And that's just the recent UK clubs. If so well done. I agree, it would be great if every club could only play with sqauds they develop, but it has never happened. for the past 100 years clubs have bought players from other clubs. The money today is indeed ridiculous, but if 50,000 people paid to watch you work 'live' + millions on telly you could reasonably ask for extortionate wages.

And I should add in defence of the club I spent a small fortune on over the years, in the past 10 years City have had 27 players from their Youth academy play for their first team in the top 2 English divisions. I'd be interested to see anyone show that Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Rangers or Celtic have done the same to develop talent?

What City are doing is not affecting Caley, if it makes a foreign league more competitive just sit back and enjoy it

I have actually said the same for the other clubs. I, was everyone now knows, am a Celtic fan and i belive, along with the rest of the green Brigade, that capitalism is wrong and a small percentage of people having so much money is wrong (The green brigade are the ones that had the Teves banner with the money and "Welcome to Modern Fooball")

Man City are my 'english club', or should i say were. I liked them when they were underdogs. Now they are expected to win but they still wont.

I predict Man City are going to be the same as Dundee this year - all money, no action.

Seems the Abu Dhabi owners of Man City have told Managers and Players that if they aint in the top 4 this season, they will all be out! Hooooooooft!

Just doing what Real Madrid did a few years back. Had world class players but could not play together so they had to try and work round the players they had and find the best team. Thats the only team i know that even the players on the bench where in the starting 11 for there countrys

Man City are my 'english club', or should i say were. I liked them when they were underdogs. Now they are expected to win but they still wont.

I predict Man City are going to be the same as Dundee this year - all money, no action.

Seems the Abu Dhabi owners of Man City have told Managers and Players that if they aint in the top 4 this season, they will all be out! Hooooooooft!

time will tell....we weren't that bad last year, at least at home. The owners have publically stated that 6th is the target whilst putting together a team that should challenge the top 4. For the first time in 40 years I'm not worried about relegation!