FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Nightclub in Inverness - Soho Nightclub

918loyal

Well the name of the new club in Rose Street was released in the Courier on Friday, for those that didn't already know it's going to be called SOHO Nightclub.

Going to be open in a few weeks. I got a tour of it last week it's looking nae bad, nothing like Blue at all tho. The owners have spend in the region of 1/2 million quid doing the place up.  Capacity is 750 -ish.  A cut above the other 2 clubs in terms of the look and design.

Although the music is going to be commercial, which I think is a big mistake. They can spend as much money on it as they like but if it's going to be commercial music it really doesn't interest me!  Another place in Inverness doing the same thing, we don't need any more cheese!!

Although anything has to be better than Gs/Bakoo.

It will be open Thus-Sun, free entry Thu and Sun, £5 Fri and £7 Sat.

Soho Nightclub

The problem in Inverness these days is not so much them playing "Commercial" music, it's the fact they don't have any decent DJ's who can carry it off.  I can't remember the last time I was out and I saw a DJ actually using a microphone to interact with the crowd.  "When I was a lad" and DJing, using the mic to gee the crowd up was half the job and made for far more fun evenings.  Maybe I should come out of retirement and show them all how it should be done  :015:

£7 on a saturday night.....??? JEEZ

You could get into a nightclub in Birmingham, that is twice the size with what would seem to be better DJ's for £2 less....

(granted mind you, the prices of drinks in the west midlands are rather steep. you're looking at £3.90 on average for drinks in Coventry and Birmingham.)

The problem in Inverness these days is not so much them playing "Commercial" music, it's the fact they don't have any decent DJ's who can carry it off.  I can't remember the last time I was out and I saw a DJ actually using a microphone to interact with the crowd.  "When I was a lad" and DJing, using the mic to gee the crowd up was half the job and made for far more fun evenings.  Maybe I should come out of retirement and show them all how it should be done  :015:

I completely agree, interacting with the crowd is half the fun, and you are right hardly any DJs in town do it becuase the majority of them are *****.  Although I have been told the new resident DJ, Steve Foster, is very good at that and he will be interacting with the crowd.  He is from England and the new club owners are flying him up EVERY weekend to DJ at the club...!

Could very well be him, here is his profile...

STEVE FOSTER DJ

COLCHESTER

ESSEX

CAREER :

STARTED DJING AT 16 IN A HOLIDAY CAMP ON I.O.W. 1982

1983 MOVED TOPORTSMOUTH & EVEN THOUGH UNDERAGE STARTED DJING IN :

5TH AVE PORTSMOUTH CAP: 1400

RITZYS PORTSMOUTH CAP: 1200

HONKY TONK BAR CAP: 400

JOANNA’S CAP: 600

IN 1986 BECAME THE YOUNGEST EVER CONTESANT AT THE TIME TO REACH THE FINAL OF THE DJ OF THE YEAR

1988 MOVED TO TENERIFE JUST AS THE BIG BOOM IN DANCE MUSIC KICKED OFF

PLAYING ACID HOUSE, HIP HOP, FUNK & SOUL. THEN PROGRESSED INTO OLDSKOOL & HOUSE.

HAD A NINE YEAR CAREER IN TENERIFE DJING AT RAVES, BEACH PARTIES, CLUBS & BARS AS WELL AS ORGANISING BIG LEGAL RAVES IN THE SOUTH OF THE ISLAND FOR TOURISTS & WORKERS. RESIDENT VENUES :

BOBBYS BAR LAS AMERICS

BANDIT BAR

BANANAS

PARADISE LOST

AND NUMEROUS GUEST APPEARANCES IN CLUBS ON THE ISLAND

ALSO HAD A MID AFTERNOON SLOT ON RADIO BAHIA FOR 3 YEARS

1996 TO PRESENT IN COLCHESTER ENGLAND

RESIDENT DJ AT :

KINGS COLCHESTER CAP: 600

HIPPODROME COLCHESTER CAP: 1200

ZEROS SOUTHEND CAP : 1000

EDWARDS CAP: 700

ANCIENT LIGHTS CAP :200

BAR 33 CAP : 400

PLUS GUEST APPEARANCES AT

MINISTRY OF SOUND LONDON

EPPING FOREST COUNTRY CLUB

DUKES CHELMSFORD

TO MANY TO MENTION….!

STILL GOES BACK TO DO GUEST APPEARANCES IN CLUBS ON TENERIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!