FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Imrie

snowball3117

Did everyone just stand beside them while they started insulting one of our most valuable players? Just as culpable IMO...

:rolleyes:

Wait, I don't agree with the valuable bit though. NAE unt in an ICT shirt should be getting booed/bood/boowd apart from the boo boys. Wait, they're casuals so, just boo the guys in stone island.

Edited by TheKnowledge

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is saying that all our players are perfect and some of these things are perfectly ok to say especially on here but at the games we are "supporters" and hopefully can give a lift to our players on the park.I actually agree with some of your comments but would never boo our players on the park. With regard to Allison well just because the of do it doesnt make it acceptable.

Im not trying to use the OF as an excuse just for comparison in terms of rivalry(not the religious side of it) im sure Dundee/Dundee United are the same, the manchester lot, the edinburgh two and the countless london rivalries that there are.

No matey, none of them would abuse a player who crossed over from a local rival. They'd all support those paid for by their own club regardless of where they came from.

Let's put things into context here. Some fans despise Imrie, due to nothing more than allegations of "arrogance", yet up until last season, ICT regularly had Phil McGuire playing in the squad - a man convicted of assaulting his wife. So in these fans minds it's a view of: "Arrogance, that's disgraceful, but wifebeating, hey no problem!". Just shows some of the priorities of some of these dimwits. And where does it end? These are the same supporters who booed Rory McAllister, booed Michael Fraser, booed Robert Eagle, booed Andy Barrowman, booed Lionel Djebi-Zadi and have now set their witchhunt on one Douglas Imrie. And for what? Nothing more than silly, immature pettiness. Also bear in mid that this same section of fans thought that Dean McDonald was a messiah, cause he waved at them. Just shows on the whole the intelligence of some of these demented, idiotic morons.

Edited by Renegade

Let's put things into context here. Some fans despise Imrie, due to nothing more than allegations of "arrogance", yet up until last season, ICT regularly had Phil McGuire playing in the squad - a man convicted of assaulting his wife. So in these fans minds it's a view of: "Arrogance, that's disgraceful, but wifebeating, hey no problem!". Just shows some of the priorities of some of these dimwits. And where does it end? These are the same supporters who booed Rory McAllister, booed Michael Fraser, booed Robert Eagle, booed Andy Barrowman, booed Lionel Djebi-Zadi and have now set their witchhunt on one Douglas Imrie. And for what? Nothing more than silly, immature pettiness. Also bear in mid that this same section of fans thought that Dean McDonald was a messiah, cause he waved at them. Just shows on the whole the intelligence of some of these demented, idiotic morons.

:rolleyes: :huh:

Also bear in mid that this same section of fans thought that Dean McDonald was a messiah, cause he waved at them. Just shows on the whole the intelligence of some of these demented, idiotic morons.

Interesting comment there, Ren?e....

Do you think the Imries, the McAllisters, the Frasers, the Eagles, the Barrowmans, etc, etc,etc, could have diffused some of these potentially nasty situations by merely smiling and waving at their tormentors?

imrie is suc a dirty cheater. ther is ditry play, and thenthers dirty play and irmrie is just a pile of cr*p. i want to see players that can score by working not faking being injured and then getting the goal.stupid waste of space :rolleyes: it ruined the game for me.

im not particularly fond imrie, i wouldnt be botherdifhe left, but i think havin him wuld be better for us cos on occasions hes decent despite his dirty cheater ways

:huh:

ICT regularly had Phil McGuire playing in the squad - a man convicted of assaulting his wife.

What about our very own Superman as well? I remember his appearance in a national tabloid. I remember thinking because one of our players was in a scandal, "We really are a top six club now". I reckon it's safe to say that 90% of our team are the sort of people I wouldn't get on with. I remember watching Euro 2008 and out of every player I saw, I decided that I would only get on with Buffon, as I would LOVE to talk politics, especially immigration, with him, and Iniesta, as he plays like his head has a lot of intellect contained inside it. The point is, the vast majority of footballers, including amateurs, will not win any personality contests (sorry, i've not managed to get Mori or the Times to run any independent polls on this yet, so I have not got a single shred of evidence to back up my assumption. However, it is a calculated assumption as I am sound and I should know who isn't as everybody knows when they've seen one of their own). We should not be booing players on the park at all as it fires up the opposition players, and hurts our own. Use places likes this to talk about you dislike for a player.

Let's put things into context here. Some fans despise Imrie, due to nothing more than allegations of "arrogance"

Quite. Nothing at all to do with the fact that he just plain can't do anything against the smaller teams?

im not particularly fond imrie, i wouldnt be botherdifhe left, but i think havin him wuld be better for us cos on occasions hes decent despite his dirty cheater ways

Good grief. Either you have a faulty keyboard, or you need a spell checker.

Let's put things into context here. Some fans despise Imrie, due to nothing more than allegations of "arrogance"

Quite. Nothing at all to do with the fact that he just plain can't do anything against the smaller teams?

Not really, "arrogance" seems to be the main reason for those who dislike him from what I've read and who I've spoken to.

Edited by Renegade

and this is why some people dont listen to you!

1st of all, i actually didnt even know anything about that concering McGuire. But hey should we all now start to throw abuse at Tokely just because he did it aswell and that you said we should boo wife beaters. Get a grip.

I never booed Rory McAllister,

I never booed Michael Fraser,

I never booed Robert Eagle,

I never booed LDZ(while he was on the pitch),

I never booed Barrowman(while he was on the pitch)

And i never rated McDonald from the get go, so with that post you have assumed that everyone in Section G is the same??? :blink: Dont think so, so how about you get your facts right before you go tarnish everyone with that vile brush you have. All this has started because if i was at the game i "MIGHT" have joined in with the chants/abuse against Imrie. So before you go off on one, how about waiting for/or better yet go and abuse someone on here who actually did abuse him at the game rather than taking it out on someone who voiced an opinion.

1st of all, i actually didnt even know anything about that concering McGuire. But hey should we all now start to throw abuse at Tokely just because he did it aswell and that you said we should boo wife beaters. Get a grip.

And i never rated McDonald from the get go, so with that post you have assumed that everyone in Section G is the same??? :blink: Dont think so, so how about you get your facts right before you go tarnish everyone with that vile brush you have. All this has started because if i was at the game i "MIGHT" have joined in with the chants/abuse against Imrie. So before you go off on one, how about waiting for/or better yet go and abuse someone on here who actually did abuse him at the game rather than taking it out on someone who voiced an opinion.

Come on guys - don't get your knickers in a twist! Imrie IS arrogant but NOBODY should be subjected to verbal or any other form of abuse. Nature will take it's time and he will get his sometime in the future.

Booing or abusing our players is deplorable in my view, regardless of whether the player is in the team, out of the team, injured, playing badly or playing well. Shouting abuse or booing our players is in no way 'banter'.

We are supporters of ICT so lets support the players!! Booing or abusing our own players is not supporting our team.

Interesting that you have (while he was on the pitch) in brackets. What about when they weren't on the pitch?

Edited by RiG

99% of football players are arrogant ON THE PITCH, it shows they are confident of themselves which can only be a good thing. Manchester United and Real Madrid fans don't boo Cristiano Ronaldo and he is possibly one of the most arrogant players in the world. Abusing your own players is downright stupid, they play for your club and regardless of who they support or who they used to play for you need to get behind them while they are in an ICT shirt. Imagine if someone Imrie etc used to play with was approached to sign for the club and asked what it was like to play there, im sure if they were told you get constant abuse by your own fans, they would more than likely go elsewhere.

Interesting that you have (while he was on the pitch) in brackets. What about when they weren't on the pitch?

Well i have never booed them full stop although i have criticised them on here and on other forums

Oh I see, you have to get personally and attack me. What lovely behaviour. ;)

I wouldn't boo any of them, just stating the priorities of some supporters.

That's good. But what did you do when he wasn't on the pitch?

And i never rated McDonald from the get go,

I never said you did, but many of these boo boys thought he was God.

so with that post you have assumed that everyone in Section G is the same??? :rolleyes:

Dont think so, so how about you get your facts right before you go tarnish everyone with that vile brush you have.

Eh, no.

All this has started because if i was at the game i "MIGHT" have joined in with the chants/abuse against Imrie

That's not what a supporter does.

. So before you go off on one, how about waiting for/or better yet go and abuse someone on here who actually did abuse him at the game rather than taking it out on someone who voiced an opinion.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Renegade

What is the crack with your own fans booing your own players thought it was quite funny that imrie was taking the **** out of the boy who looked like shellsuite bob in the g section imagine your own players hating there fans One dougie Imrie

I totally understand revbirdog but to be fair to dougie imrie he was warming up as a caley player and all he was getting was total abuse from "school children" im not gonna sit here and say that im perfect and i like every county player cause in fact i hate alex keddie with a passion, but i wouldnt go and start slagging him of in the terrace. my point is before a game how embarrasing is it for a player to have a arguement with a fan who is ment to support the team cause last time i heard the team was caled caley not dougie imrie. is Dougie that big a player for you and that good he should get singled out cause in my eyes hes one your better players,.

This thread was started by a Gypo, who probably just wanted to get his jollies, watching everyone arguing amongst yourselves. Some think Imrie is good, some think he is not so good, its a divided oppion between the support. I don't think its right to boo one of your own players, I can assure you its only a few people in Section G that were "giving imrie abuse"

Edited by DornochJAGGIE