FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Imrie

snowball3117

well Alex if you feel we have other stuff to chat about then why not start the other threads yourself, we always have the odd person thead pop up, just look at Bulls, Bulls and Duffs, Barrowloads, Butcher, Eagles and so on (all in the last couple of months) so i dont see whats up with this thread seen as he hasnt been kicking much balls, warming alot of benches, strutting of the park after a red card wasting time we needed in extra time and the likes of this, all this has been talked about but all taken in to account, Me.. I posted on it with my opinion and aswered questions asked.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me Alex, I get really frustrated with Imrie because he doesn't seem too committed to the club at the moment. Although his workrate was good last season, he had barely signed his contract when he was touting Rangers as his next destination. Also when he came back from his injury he wasn't showing the same workrate as before, which when added to his horrendous, unneeded sending off in that cup final makes me really angry and gives the impression he wants out, naiively thinking he'll have plenty of SPl suitors.

Having met, and been in the company of, Dougie I could never come to the conclusion he's a big head. Christ he even made the effort to learn Oh Inverness.

Can't doubt his commitment after that :)

I think Imrie could be so much more for us but he doesn't seem to be delivering for whatever reason. If we can get more out of him great. If not then I think he needs to be moved on, free up some space in the squad and maybe raise something of a transfer fee for a replacement.

this is turning in to a good thread.... ooooooo Rigs bang on... if he got his finger out and showed he cared then fair one, if not shift him on make a couple of quid or at least break even on him then use his free'd up waged to tempt some of our younger talent that are showing there need to play for the team.

Going back to the opening post. Why has Dougie been singled out for the question. Why not ask the same question of 75% of our squad, some of who's contracts actually run out at the end of this month. .

Probably because the original poster is a County fan, and it seems to becoming more apparent that Dougie Imrie is to join County.

I don't get where this 'gigantic ego' tag seems to come from. Have any of you lot even met the guy?

I havn't but it comes from somewhere! Know someone who has though who says he was a ******....

If that isn't enough just watch the challenge cup, basicly sums his whole attitude up really.

Edited by Iain

I don't get where this 'gigantic ego' tag seems to come from. Have any of you lot even met the guy?

You don't get out of the first division without scoring a bucketload of goals, if we have any aspirations of winning this league this season or next we need to hold onto Imrie IMHO. On his day he's probably our best attacking player, and (although he rarely gets any plaudits for it) usually one of the hardest grafters on the pitch.

how many goals has he scored this season ?

2- Vs Annan in the cup and vs Ayr

Lets not forget his freekick against Hearts. Worthy of him staying alone.

Which was followed up by a free kick against Celtic which went out for a throw in.

I have not forgotten that at all. He was never going to score from that angle and it was a perfect example of how good he thinks he is as opposed to how good he actually is...and after his Hearts goal i knew he would shoot.

Lets not forget his freekick against Hearts. Worthy of him staying alone.

That was a great strike. He kissed the badge as his celebration aswell.

It was an SPL badge at the time though.

yipe yipe and thats why his egos taken a knock.

You don't get out of the first division without scoring a bucketload of goals, if we have any aspirations of winning this league this season or next we need to hold onto Imrie IMHO. On his day he's probably our best attacking player, and (although he rarely gets any plaudits for it) usually one of the hardest grafters on the pitch.

how many goals has he scored this season ?

2- Vs Annan in the cup and vs Ayr

i rest my case

When we had a very poor start to the season everyone seemed to be saying things would be better when Imrie was fit again. Now it seems he can do little right in some people's eyes. His work rate is usually brilliant and if he could only improve in his distribution of the ball he would be one of the most effective players in the league. I hope he stays.

When we had a very poor start to the season everyone seemed to be saying things would be better when Imrie was fit again. Now it seems he can do little right in some people's eyes. His work rate is usually brilliant and if he could only improve in his distribution of the ball he would be one of the most effective players in the league. I hope he stays.

I could not agree with you more (as usual).

He just doesn't seem able to do right for doing wrong, in some people's eyes.

Personally I value effort above almost anything else, when it comes to judging a footballer. I think he always tries hard. And I think the team has much more ooomph when he's in it.

I've never found him big-headed either. He's regularly taken time to speak to me and my son when he didn't have to; he regularly signs autographs for kids before home-games etc when many/most of the others don't; he was the only one who actually kicked the ball about with that wee mascot we had a couple of months ago, who looked about 2 yrs old! Also, I have a friend who's a teacher and she said he was excellent with the children during a visit to her school last year. I think he takes the off-field aspects of being a professional footballer seriously and I think he's very good at it. Well Done, Dougie!

Personally I value effort above almost anything else, when it comes to judging a footballer. I think he always tries hard. And I think the team has much more ooomph when he's in it.

Do you value effort over end product?

Do you value effort over end product?

I was just making the point that I value effort and work-rate highly.

(I invariably give Foran points in the matchday polls because even if he doesn't score he gives 100% and contributes tirelessly, not least defensively. That's what's needed.)

Dougie Imrie is one of the few who will actually attempt to shoot, when the crowd is screaming for someone/anyone to have a go. The fact he doesn't score from every attempt is immaterial: he tries. He then gets slagged off for missing, of course. It's a no-win situation.

I just wondered as fans seem to warm to a player who runs about more than one who actually does his job effectively but maybe doesn't run about so much. Paul Ritchie used to get slagged rotten by some of our fans because he didn't chase down every last ball but he still did what he had to and stuck the ball in the back of the net which didn't seem to be enough for some.