FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Imrie

snowball3117

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed Dougies performance last night, continued the good work Hayes started before his injury. Gotta remember the guy is trying to get back into the team after an injury, give him some time!

Was very surprised to hear a couple of boo's when he came on and was laughing at his celebration, fingers to the lips and a decent GIRUY to the morons who did boo him. No idea what the slagging is for, haven't read anywhere that he wants to leave the club and when he plays he always seems to contribute. So what if he is a bit arrogant? There is hardly a humble footballer on the planet! That streak of arrogance and ego is what makes him the player he is. Some of the reasons given above in this thread for abusing players are pretty pathetic, schoolyard stuff. Personally don't know much about the whole 'Section G' thing, don't really think they are particularly boisterous, fanatical or vocal, despite the self proclamations, and having read some of the excuses for booing/abusing the players (i.e. Rooney, Allison, Ross) have probably become even more of an irrelevance in my mind.

Also, if the Barrowman 'square-go' incident is true then as far as I'm concerned the lad should have been taken outside and booted up and down the car park until some common sense was knocked into him. That kinda thing doesn't help anyone and certainly wouldn't inspire the rest of the team to play for the fans who are trying to attack one of their mates!!

Did everyone just stand beside them while they started insulting one of our most valuable players? Just as culpable IMO...

I've stuck up for these lads on plenty of occasions even wrote an email to Mike Smith complaining about the heavy handed stewards to then hear this...

Barrowman, Zadi, Allison & now Imrie.. who next? Maybe Munro, Esson or Tokely have a few bad games do they deserve to be called c*nts?? sort it out ffs!!!

Do you think players don't talk or take notice of this sort of thing.. who is going to want to play infront of a crowd that insults them, when they've got the opposing fans doing the same thing??

You might not be personally responsible but if you are sitting beside one of these muppets then tell them to sort it out...

Quite right. As I said in earlier post if I had seen who had been shouting these obscenities I would have had them thrown out. And there must have been plenty of people in Section G who DID see the culprits and they did nothing. Unless they condoned this behaviour they should have taken action to have these morons removed.

Enjoyed Dougies performance last night, continued the good work Hayes started before his injury. Gotta remember the guy is trying to get back into the team after an injury, give him some time!

Was very surprised to hear a couple of boo's when he came on and was laughing at his celebration, fingers to the lips and a decent GIRUY to the morons who did boo him. No idea what the slagging is for, haven't read anywhere that he wants to leave the club and when he plays he always seems to contribute. So what if he is a bit arrogant? There is hardly a humble footballer on the planet! That streak of arrogance and ego is what makes him the player he is. Some of the reasons given above in this thread for abusing players are pretty pathetic, schoolyard stuff. Personally don't know much about the whole 'Section G' thing, don't really think they are particularly boisterous, fanatical or vocal, despite the self proclamations, and having read some of the excuses for booing/abusing the players (i.e. Rooney, Allison, Ross) have probably become even more of an irrelevance in my mind.

Also, if the Barrowman 'square-go' incident is true then as far as I'm concerned the lad should have been taken outside and booted up and down the car park until some common sense was knocked into him. That kinda thing doesn't help anyone and certainly wouldn't inspire the rest of the team to play for the fans who are trying to attack one of their mates!!

When was this? :lol:

Aye the abuse of Imrie was pretty pathetic last night I'm glad he put in a shift last night and managed to shove it back down the throats of those responsible.

Whilst he hasnt been the most consistent player this season he has been in and out with injuries and in and out of the squad.

Last night was one of the best performances from the team I have seen this season. I would have thought the guys shouting abuse at Imrie would have been more interested in the match.

Better still if you have a problem with him why don't you go and say it to him in person instead of trying to be a "big man/woman" in front of your mates.

Allison(and Ross aswell) - Only get some stick from fans because they are County fans playing for their local rivals. I bet you any money that Kenny Miller got a whole lot more abuse during his time at Celtic than what either of these two combined.

Rooney - Might aswell bring him in because at the start of the season he was getting "pikey" abuse which was more a bit of banter from a few lads in Section G but no doubt that would have been blown out of proportion. He took it on the chin and that has fizzled out now.

Surely you agree these are pretty pathetic excuses to abuse your own players RowdyBey?

Allison(and Ross aswell) - Only get some stick from fans because they are County fans playing for their local rivals. I bet you any money that Kenny Miller got a whole lot more abuse during his time at Celtic than what either of these two combined.

Rooney - Might aswell bring him in because at the start of the season he was getting "pikey" abuse which was more a bit of banter from a few lads in Section G but no doubt that would have been blown out of proportion. He took it on the chin and that has fizzled out now.

Surely you agree these are pretty pathetic excuses to abuse your own players RowdyBey?

I can see where your coming from BE but that quote is rubbish. I take it Ross is meant to be Nick Ross?....who is friends with a lot of people in section G and has never had a bad word or chant directed at him. And I have never heard a "pikey" shout directed at Rooney, if we hated him why would we make up a song for him and sing it every week? :ohmy:

No idea... Seems a bit retarded to me! As it's apparently one of the 'Section G' regulars who has posted this and offered the explanation, why don't you ask him?

well he is asking you as you seem to be the one hearing the abuse of nick ross and rooney so you explain the comment....

OK, perhaps I should have made myself clearer... :ohmy:

I'm referring to a post made by caleykid1994 who apparently sits in 'section G' who has offered reasons as to why players get abused from that area of the gound. That is what is being commented on and cited above, not anything that I have heard...

God, this is all so depressing. I think Barrowman is as much use as a chocolate teapot, but I would never in a million years start shouting abuse at him. What on earth is it supposed to achieve? If people can't support their own players, what on earth are they doing there? No wonder away form is generally so much better.

Couldn't make the game last night but as regards the Imrie situation I have met him on several occassions outside football and have found him an extremely nice young guy. Maybe its because when asked he will give an answer were some players will avoid conversation or questions.

Most footballers have a touch of arragance about them they need to have to excel, but as I have said you couldn't meet a nicer young guy than Imrie.

OK, perhaps I should have made myself clearer... :ohmy:

I'm referring to a post made by caleykid1994 who apparently sits in 'section G' who has offered reasons as to why players get abused from that area of the gound. That is what is being commented on and cited above, not anything that I have heard...

is there something you want to share with us...

Yes there is a line that you dont cross but it was more banter than abuse for these 3 players.

can see where your coming from BE but that quote is rubbish. I take it Ross is meant to be Nick Ross?....who is friends with a lot of people in section G and has never had a bad word or chant directed at him. And I have never heard a "pikey" shout directed at Rooney, if we hated him why would we make up a song for him and sing it every week? :lol:

Ive heard pikey shouts thrown at him along with remarks about the famine.

Yes it is Nick Ross(not tokely) and yes he does get a bit thrown at him for supporting county and the reason you havent heard much on it is because he has rarely featured in the starting squad.

This is going way off topic, and doing that Blame Section G thing again... Start another topic and call it Section G Bashing or something like that, The last 10 posts dont even mention the post's subject......

On topic, this is my personal opinion on the subject.

I do think he?s a good footballer, but a bit of a big head, and his cocky swagger and smirk the last time he was Red Carded just went to water my dislike for him! Also my feeling on him not playing to his best for lower league teams showed, in his awesome performance at the Well game. He doesn?t seem to care when playing smaller teams, but again and again he puts in a shift for the bigger teams?.

Edited by Georgeios

Its not about section G as a whole, just a few morons who shout abuse just try and impress their wee mates.

Imrie will more than likely not move on and if he can produce that kind of display resonably frequently i'll be happy.

Caley100, It just how it was getting dragged off topic, and its a couple of lads at the back of section G yes but finger pointing and saying the "Section G" tars others.

back on topic

He only ever seems to put in that kind of shift when playing Bigger teams thats what bugs me!!

WHen does his contract expire?

End of Season

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.a...569351?UserKey=

"Imrie does not expect to be offered a contract extension this month but would be willing to stay with Caley Thistle. He said: ?I am out of contract in the summer but no one has spoken about contracts. I am happy enough to stay here but I would like to play a lot more games. Hopefully, I will get a few more games under my belt and kick on from there, if not I will keep working hard. In this day and age it is hard for clubs to offer players contracts. Contracts are running out and I think we only have four players signed for next season so far. Everyone is in the same situation as myself, even the manager and Maurice Malpas."

I am happy enough to stay here but I would like to play a lot more games.

Being here is better than being on the dole, I suppose, but I've got my my agent working flat out to get me out of this backwater and up to the level where I belong.

Call me cynical!

can see where your coming from BE but that quote is rubbish. I take it Ross is meant to be Nick Ross?....who is friends with a lot of people in section G and has never had a bad word or chant directed at him. And I have never heard a "pikey" shout directed at Rooney, if we hated him why would we make up a song for him and sing it every week? :huh:

Ive heard pikey shouts thrown at him along with remarks about the famine.

Yes it is Nick Ross(not tokely) and yes he does get a bit thrown at him for supporting county and the reason you havent heard much on it is because he has rarely featured in the starting squad.

*****. Nick Ross doesnt support county :rolleyes: