FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Imrie

snowball3117

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to take this moment here and say this. probably wont get through to many on here who have come at with with hammer and tongs on the basis on something that i might have done(not what i actually did).

I would like to apoligise to some people on here, i havent taken the time to look back through the posts to see who but i would to say that my comments about Imrie being arrogant was originally about him in general. After playing poker with him last night i have now drawn to the conclusion that in fact he is actually quite a good guy to talk to. my remarks about him(and what i may have done) in the heat of the moment were the basis of my opinion of him as a player, not as an individual. My apoligies are to Dougie aswell if he does read this.

But did ya fleece the arrogant wee fecker :lol::lol:

lol,

nah he was out in 29th/31 and not on my table. Knocked out Robert eagle shortly after, pretty much crippled Dan Statford stack but Adam Rooney was sitting with about half the chips after 30 minutes. Dan got 9th, Jonny(hayes) got 8th and Adam got 4th and i claimed 3rd :)

What i found funny was that i had no idea that Dan & Robert were on my table and i never realised him. I even asked his name(dan) after i took a fair few chips off him and it never twigged until someone told me during the break :lol:

Edited by caleykid1994

Interesting Comment on the sports news this morning, along the lines of "Imrie didn?t feature due to a deal being done with Hamilton that seems to have been held up with technicalities"

This weekends game goes to show we dont really need him and if Cash is freed up and banked then it can only be a good thing..

We still need Imrie in the squad. If there's any suspensions or injuries in midfield he is the excellent replacement we need. No one else on the wing is good enough to challenge for a starting position either so maybe the regular starting midfield may get complacent if he was to leave.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY

We still need Imrie in the squad. If there's any suspensions or injuries in midfield he is the excellent replacement we need. No one else on the wing is good enough to challenge for a starting position either so maybe the regular starting midfield may get complacent if he was to leave.

Hes a very exspensive "just in case person" if we do keep him, then fine but if he goes it does free up cash, and for our board cash is what they want/need.

Killie being interested is just a ploy to delay the TX, they dont have the money for him, so if they show interest i holds it up.

If we need to free up some wages in the squad then Barrowman should be leaving and even McBain if he's never going to be played. We may get a good price for Imrie off Hamilton but i think keeping him would give us more cash in the long term. If he can help us in the Scottish Cup and we get a tie against the OF in the quarters or even a Semi Final at Hampden we'll be better off.

The league still isn't over either and as long as we have a chance i don't think we should be getting rid of players that still have something to offer at ICT.

If we need to free up some wages in the squad then Barrowman should be leaving and even McBain if he's never going to be played. We may get a good price for Imrie off Hamilton but i think keeping him would give us more cash in the long term. If he can help us in the Scottish Cup and we get a tie against the OF in the quarters or even a Semi Final at Hampden we'll be better off.

The league still isn't over either and as long as we have a chance i don't think we should be getting rid of players that still have something to offer at ICT.

I think the club probably would like to get rid of Barrowman but nobody is going to pay the wages he is on with us.

We may get a good price for Imrie off Hamilton but i think keeping him would give us more cash in the long term.

If we dont sell him now, then at the end of this season he'll be free to go..... for free.

If we dont sell him now, then at the end of this season he'll be free to go..... for free.

I know that but i mean if he was to stay we may well perform better in the cup and get a few thousand from playing the OF away in the Quarters or getting to Hampden. At a long shot if we won the league that would mean more to us than the money we'd get from Hamilton and being without a team next season in the first.

Its also not 100% that he wouldn't stay with us and sign a new contract at the end of the season.

We won this weekend with out him, and the whole "What if" way of thinking is whats caused alot of the finacial troubles for everyone,

Its just My opinion but i think if the moneys on the table then I'd take it. we have left sided players, that can do the same job, and if needed we can fill his slot, look how we managed this season without him..

In my job at the moment we are being told that ?Fall back and just in case? costs money and so we have to start getting rid of the expensive ?What ifs/Back ups? it?s the only real way forward when moneys running out.

Imrie won the Motherwell game for us.

It's a shame he's moving on, the guy has so much potential.

I heard over the weekend, that he was upset by the treatment he received from a section of our so called supporters, and that was a factor that helped him make up his mind to move.

I don't know that for sure, but I sincerely hope it's not true, otherwise who are the boo boys going to try and get rid of next?

HAHAHAHAHA, wait till he gets to hamilton!! I beleve they wanted him to Die.... hummmm.

Its been IMO written for months that he wanted to go regardless of whats said in the papers, his Dented Ego should be fine now.

Edited by Georgeios

I heard over the weekend, that he was upset by the treatment he received from a section of our so called supporters, and that was a factor that helped him make up his mind to move.

I think you are stirring things here especially given that if he was to move to Hamilton given the history between Imrie and there fans.

I think you are stirring things here especially given that if he was to move to Hamilton given the history between Imrie and there fans.

Maybe the Hamilton fans support there own players and keep the booing for the opposition unlike our fans .

did he not by mistake during a challange land on a lads neck and damage somthing, this lead to the end of his playing days? I am not saying it was done malishisly by the way, just saying thats why the want him to die?

it was Clyde V's Hamilton about 4-5 years ago..