FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Imrie

snowball3117

it was Clyde V's Hamilton about 4-5 years ago..

It may have been that long ago but the diehard fans aren't going to forget that. If St. Mirren signed Tokely (and he was deemed technically good enough) there would be alot of unhappy fans on match days.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be happy to get ?25 for him, let alone ?25000!!

Why? What has Dougie done that has made him hated by alot of the fans. He may blow hot and cold at times but he's still one of our best midfielders. We should be offloading others before him IMO.

Imrie is one of those players that a team needs, he can cause panic in the opposition defence with pace and he can shoot (albeit erratically ) Johnny Hayes has it - good goal ! Barry had it and its great to have players like that in a team, all the best to Dougie if gets a top tier team.

We also need the dosh i might add.

100 i agree with your post above, but end of the day as you said we need the money, a little birdy just said... Hearts... hummmmmmmm..

Edited by Georgeios

Wonder how long it's gonna take for something concrete to show up about all this.

Good luck to the boy wherever we goes and as unlikely as it looks i do hope we get at least one new player.

Couple of things. If he he does go for ?25k that is nearly ?40k down on what we paid for him. Also, a Killie fan on P & B is speculating that Fernandez might be added to the deal to see if that tempts us.

When does the window close in Scotland? I know it's 5pm in England but I was sure I read somewhere that it is midnight for other places. Not long now for County to sign him...

I thought it was closer to ?60k - ?65k but happy to be corrected. Maybe just another one of those "undisclosed" deals and then a lot of hear say on the actual figure.

If he could sharpen up I wouldn't be averse to him staying as when he is flying he can be a good player for us but he hasn't shown enough of what he can do for us over his time here.

Edited by RiG
Thanks PMF!

I'd be happy to get ?25 for him, let alone ?25000!!

Why? What has Dougie done that has made him hated by alot of the fans. He may blow hot and cold at times but he's still one of our best midfielders. We should be offloading others before him IMO.

Never rated him from day one. I just can't see why some fans seem to think he's something special. He's fecking woeful...just my opinion obviously.

Couple of things. If he he does go for ?25k that is nearly ?40k down on what we paid for him. Also, a Killie fan on P & B is speculating that Fernandez might be added to the deal to see if that tempts us.

When does the window close in Scotland? I know it's 5pm in England but I was sure I read somewhere that it is midnight for other places. Not long now for County to sign him...

I thought we paid 50K for him ... so we have anything from 40-60K speculated at. Given he is out of contract at the end of the season we either need to sign him up on a new contract or get what we can now as we would get nothing at the end of the season.

Somebody posted a few days ago that he wants to stay, I would have no problem with that but we need to offer him a deal for that to happen. If we can't or he wont sign one, then we need to cash in. Although he can be a valuable player, he blows hot and cold and IMHO is not going to be the difference between us winning or losing the league so the principle (touted for others in the past) that keeping him to the end of the season will earn us more in the long run may be moot.

Transfer window in Scotland was 5pm, same as England but is now midnight I believe (it was extended). they mentioned something to this effect on open all mics at the weekend.

Scotty, i wish i could sit back and type posts like that, what you put on that post is what ive been trying to type without reacting haha...

So im going to say..

My words exactly......

:wave01:

bye Imrie

Nice knowing you

now lets get some good money for him :lol:

Does anyone know if this is actually happening? Could it be that this is all just speculation. Why would Killie, Hearts and Hamilton be interested in a player that doesn't even start for us at the moment. Surely they'd see Hayes as the better option.

Id be on the side with the people that would like to see him stay. I rate him, an he can be a big thing for us, even as the super sub that he has become.

But for the best interest of the club, it might be worth him going. Either we sell him and get some money for him, or we give him another contract. We only have 4 players signed up for next season, surely a big player such as Imrie could be number 5.

The Hamilton incident, if I remember correctly was during the game against Clyde, he assaulted a player with a huge fencepost and then jumped up and down on his head whilst poking his eyes out with his thumbs.

The chap reqired emergency treatment after being rushed to hospital, but he recovered.

Heres a more accurate report

The Hamilton v Clyde match in the First Division was abandoned with the score 3-3 after a serious injury to a Hamilton player who had treatment for a neck injury on the pitch for 20 minutes until an ambulance drove onto the playing surface to take him to hospital. Players on both sides were upset and after consulting the two club chairmen, the referee abandoned the game. It is likely to be replayed on Tuesday.

heres a BBC link.

Edited by themann4thejob