FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Its the last day...

caley100

Charlie might want to start with not blabbing to the press who we are trying to sign  :003:

I'd prefer it if all deals are kept under wraps until they are finalised.

so u knew we were trying to sing john stewart and dean shiels days before 10pm on transfer deadline day did u? :006:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so u knew we were trying to sing john stewart and dean shiels days before 10pm on transfer deadline day did u? :006:

You're on a roll here! I don't believe I said that - did my post mention anything about those two players? I am referring to the Rankin fiasco and more recently Blackies contract.

I would also have preferred that we hadn't started naming these guys as well come to think of it. I believe I saw somewhere that CC mentioned Stewart - was it the Courier? - before he signed him.

Guest kingkojak

put the handbags away ye bleedin fish wives!

this thread has run its course and is has just descended into a petty squabble...  :sleep01:

It's not a squabble. It is two people with differing views putting them across. It's a mesage board and there will be some debate and arguments over certain subjects. It would be boring if everyone agreed with each other. I don't agree with Blackieforce but he is entitled to his opinion and there is nothing wrong with him putting that across  :003:

You're on a roll here! I don't believe I said that - did my post mention anything about those two players? I am referring to the Rankin fiasco and more recently Blackies contract.

I would also have preferred that we hadn't started naming these guys as well come to think of it. I believe I saw somewhere that CC mentioned Stewart - was it the Courier? - before he signed him.

i knew there was a reason i very rarely visit here anymore,know it alls preaching to me,glad i got banned from old site for so long,taught me i could live without this place,and some idiots who frequent it :017:

What on earth are you talking about Marty? I fail to see how I am 'preaching' to you. I don't claim to be 100% right and am simply trying to argue my point - I don't think CC should name his targets in the media e.g. Rankin, Stewart et al. You don't need to stoop so low as to start insulting people simply because they don't agree with you. Grow up.

Anyway, here is the article where Charlie states his desire to sign John Stewart -> *clicky clicky*

You don't need to stoop so low as to start insulting people simply because they don't agree with you. Grow up.
AND U NEVER SLAG ANYONE ON HERE? UR THE WORST OFFENDER :006:,anyway as i said earlier i dont this place and certain idiots on it,iam out of here,probably get a more peacefiul life now :017:

Come on guys where did this all come from.  Rig I think Charlie has realised that not mentioning names to the press is a good idea.  He didn't want to mention names in case someone else came in for them.  The first I saw on Dean Shields was in Friday's Courier (after the deadline). Also John Stewart was kept under wraps until after the deadline although I had heard it was a possibility.

Gary McSwegan is cover for up front and has or will sign until the end of the season. 

Blackieforce - stop being so sensitive.  I thought everything has been going really well on this new site - don't spoil it now by going in the huff.  Deja Vu right enough.  I don't think rig was having a go at you, just slightly differing opinion.  My thoughts on McSwegan were the same seems like a panic deal, but I wasn't convinced as I couldn't find anything definite.  I spoke to someone last night who told me he was here until the end of the season and the official site confirms him as a trialist on Saturday in the testimonial in Wick.  I think that it is only the fact that they had the weekend off that has delayed the signature. 

And before someone jumps in to point out that I have contradicted myself, the players did have the weekend off, but some of the 1st team offered to go to Wick for the guy's testimonial as they thought it would be nice for him to have some of the 1st team represented.

Back to rig and blackieforce, if you want to carry on your silly squabble, then you can do it by PM and not necessarily on this forum.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

We definately needed to sign at least one flair player up front, we are struggling now as we all know and with Dennis out it doesn't look too good.

BTW 19 posts on this 'ICT on the park' page the whole 24 hours yesterday and one of them was about curries.

Told you so. Could someone  reaffirm wot i already know - GS is a CAley thistle player

I haven't seen anything saying that he has signed. he has featured as a trialist and talks are ongoing. So no, he hasn't signed. Yet.

Not sure how to add a link, but BBC have now confirmed that Gary McSwegan has signed until the end of the season, as cover for Dennis.  He certainly didn't do much in his time at Dingwall but hopefully, as has always been the case in the past, players crossing the bridge become better players.

Given that it is only cover for Denzil/Dargo, probably not the worst siging we could have made.  Let's all wish him the best in Caley colours.

Nothing wrong with a wee lie about yer age.. i'm nearly 35 meself!

But he does have experience at the top level, and if it was the County blight that had affected him he might now just do a job for us ?

Guest Suspicious Mind

Thanks Yngwie.

Getting concerned. Thought this "short term cover" thing had led to a move for Graeme Sharpe.

Don't laugh, his erse like my own, is slightly smaller than recent acquisitions.