FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

But What About the Pies?

MacBandy

It probably cuts little mustard with those who are at the end of their tether in regards to the situation with catering, but I know the club are fully aware of the fans grievances and I know they are pursuing the matter and chasing up on, as yet, unfulfilled promises of improvements.

The only advice I can pass on at the moment is in regards to the queueing and congestion. As I said on the other thread last week, people need to be a little more sensible about which servery they use. At the Ross C*unty game I waited until the HT whistle had blown, clapped the team off the park, went to the Main Stand South servery point and queued for no more than 2 or 3 minutes before being served. I managed a chat with a couple of people before returning to my seat and I still had time to eat my food before the match resumed.

So long as people continue to converge on the Main Stand North servery then the problem of queues is never ever going to be sorted there. Let's do ourselves a favour by making better use of all the serving areas, including the ones on the West Side of the Stadium which are also not used to full effect.

I used to love getting a pie and bovril at the back of the Howden End, aaaaaaaaaaah those were the days.

Aye... that was some smell in the Howden End in these days! :004: :lol:

If the powers that be at The Dump ever get round to thinking about marketing, what a great name for the refreshment counter - "The Howden End".

Caley D you obvoiusly dont go to the West t bar often, the queue there can be ridiculous too. Saturdays queue was past the exit gates, most gave up as the second half started, and they had run out of warm pies too. Watered down drinks, weak tea and bovril, no black coffee!! Sorry but its CRUD. Get the Macdougall Hastie van here and give the fans what we deserve. We getting quality on the park now, took Tel a wee while but he's got there. Now up to admin to look after the fans

Never seen the queues so long as on Saturday at the main stand away end servery. For some reason the Raith fans were allowed into the main stand which seriously disadvantages the home fans. The whole thing has gone from 'bad to worse'. But who in the club cares, we are only the paying public.

It probably cuts little mustard with those who are at the end of their tether in regards to the situation with catering, but I know the club are fully aware of the fans grievances and I know they are pursuing the matter and chasing up on, as yet, unfulfilled promises of improvements.

The only advice I can pass on at the moment is in regards to the queueing and congestion. As I said on the other thread last week, people need to be a little more sensible about which servery they use. At the Ross C*unty game I waited until the HT whistle had blown, clapped the team off the park, went to the Main Stand South servery point and queued for no more than 2 or 3 minutes before being served. I managed a chat with a couple of people before returning to my seat and I still had time to eat my food before the match resumed.

So long as people continue to converge on the Main Stand North servery then the problem of queues is never ever going to be sorted there. Let's do ourselves a favour by making better use of all the serving areas, including the ones on the West Side of the Stadium which are also not used to full effect.

Caley D:

Putting the onus back on us is not acceptable. This is not Rocket Science, if the will was there we could do this. I feel that the will to do this for the fans is simply not strong enough.

How quickly did we put up the North and South stands for premiership football? Most understood the desire to wait until we were sure of promotion before expenditure and were understanding of the temporary journeys down the A96. Notwithstanding this, the speed they went up was most impressive.

How come the exceptionally busy ladies in the club shop manage to keep a smile on their faces at all times and don't ever swear at fans?

If we, in the Highlands, can organise Rock Ness, Balladrum, Elton John, Rod Stewart, Huge Firework displays, and 2 teams fighting for promotion to the SPL surely we can sort out pie queues!!

We could all list numerous ways to alleviate the issue.

It's the seeming simplicity of the issue that causes me and others I know the frustration. Not sorting it seems a real snub to me as a fan and that hurts more than the lack of a pie!

I just bought a say aye to a "killie Pie" from Aldi for ?1.20. Buy one of those and ask them to heat it up for you at the game, ( Its got heating instructions on the packet so they can't f*ck it up)

I recommend them :lol:

I just bought a say aye to a "killie Pie" from Aldi for ?1.20. Buy one of those and ask them to heat it up for you at the game, ( Its got heating instructions on the packet so they can't f*ck it up)

I recommend them :lol:

Aye, the best pies in Scottish football, no doubt about that.

:lol:

Caley D:

Putting the onus back on us is not acceptable. This is not Rocket Science, if the will was there we could do this. I feel that the will to do this for the fans is simply not strong enough.

How quickly did we put up the North and South stands for premiership football? Most understood the desire to wait until we were sure of promotion before expenditure and were understanding of the temporary journeys down the A96. Notwithstanding this, the speed they went up was most impressive.

How come the exceptionally busy ladies in the club shop manage to keep a smile on their faces at all times and don't ever swear at fans?

If we, in the Highlands, can organise Rock Ness, Balladrum, Elton John, Rod Stewart, Huge Firework displays, and 2 teams fighting for promotion to the SPL surely we can sort out pie queues!!

We could all list numerous ways to alleviate the issue.

It's the seeming simplicity of the issue that causes me and others I know the frustration. Not sorting it seems a real snub to me as a fan and that hurts more than the lack of a pie!

I'm not trying to put the onus back on the fans, I'm just making the point that there's things we can be doing to make life a little easier for ourselves....certainly in terms of the queueing.

In my defence I missed Saturdays game due to a bit of a medical emergency and this seems to have been the one instance this season when the Main Stand South servery was choked due to it being shared with the Raith fans...I think that falls into the category of "sods law".

In my defence I missed Saturdays game due to a bit of a medical emergency and this seems to have been the one instance this season when the Main Stand South servery was choked due to it being shared with the Raith fans...I think that falls into the category of "sods law".

Money. If the catering company and the club are making money then why will they sort it?

Yet another great post from TheKnowledge. I think that if the club is making more money from the deal - fine. Personally, I won't be buying anything from the catering until it changes. RiG's female friend chomped down a hotdog - ?3.20 it cost her!

On a serious note, I feel we've gone over this topic like it's the most important thing in the universe. It's not going to change until it impacts on profits. I noted with interest that fans from other clubs on pieandbovril have started to comment on the catering. Maybe with reduced sales there it may result in ICTFC taking action...

It's not 'sod's law' it's bad planning. Why do we have to share with away fans? If it's the case that it saves money then why don't we share seating in the Main Stand with the away fans, apart from Ross County and Dundee who take a decent number of travelling fans with them? That would save us having to open the South Stand?

Sods Law insofar as me missing the game and not being aware of the issue whilst trying to convince people it was not being used to capacity.

I am as baffled as everyone else as to why the Raith Fans were directed to use that servery.

We currently have two serveries in the main stand and two on the western side I believe?

Would it be too difficult to lease them out as individual concessions to local catering companies on match days and event days? A bit of competition would keep prices real and quality of product and service up.

We currently have two serveries in the main stand and two on the western side I believe?

Would it be too difficult to lease them out as individual concessions to local catering companies on match days and event days? A bit of competition would keep prices real and quality of product and service up.

That sounds like a good idea to me.

I've tried not to get involved in this latest pie saga, but the stupid thing about it is that the club claimed they were responding to complaints about the previous caterers. Granted their produce was nothing startling, but I didn't think they were all that bad, and their prices weren't ureasonable.

As far as complaints the club received in connection with the previous caterers - and I can't honestly remember seeing that many on here - they certainly can't be a patch on the complaints that are coming in now.

What's particularly galling about this is that there are so many excellent butchers and bakers in this area, who are more than capable of producing terrific quality pies, sausage rolls etc, and which they are not charging an arm and a leg for.

Clubs like Hearts, Kilmarnock and Dunfermline have discovered the benefits associated with providing good quality, locally produced fayre. Is there any reason why the same shouldn't happen here?

There wasn't more than about 150 Raith fans there. Wonder how it'll cope with Aberdeen and huns next season?

no probs there , the huns sit among the Caley fans, so everyone will be using the same kiosks. Yup back to the good old days huns among the home support and no one in authority cares as long as tickets and pies are sold :tonguecheek: