FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Torrential Rain in Greenock

Big G

Just a wee word of advice before travelling to the Morton game tonight.

The rain in Greenock has been falling for a few hours now and has been torrential at times and local parks in the area are flooded (according to a friend who lives just outside Greenock).

With the past record of call offs at Cappielow it maybe worth checking before setting off

FFS. please no! Am just about to go and get my supplies for the minibus. Seriously though we don't want this postponed, just want to get the three points and move on to a weekly game which will be less tiring on players. Pray for sunshine and slight breeze over Greenock.

Still raining in Glasgow although not too heavy.. I've been speaking with a few Morton fans who think it is likely to be called off. Hope they're wrong because we need to continue our good form but in a way hope they're right because I can't make it to the game anymore.

Still raining in Glasgow although not too heavy.. I've been speaking with a few Morton fans who think it is likely to be called off. Hope they're wrong because we need to continue our good form but in a way hope they're right because I can't make it to the game anymore.

Nooooooooo this game must go ahead , we need the 3 points tonight !

i can see the sun trying to come through but it's windy as hell here in Glasgow so image what it'll be like further down the coast. If they game is on tonight it won't be pretty believe me.

From what I saw of Morton in our 3-0 game, and the cuptie last year, they tried very hard to play the pretty football but were a bit lightweight and we just ran over them. That was before they sacked Irons and got Grady in.

Edited by The Mantis
senior moment - forgot the previous manager's name

I'm in Glasgow, which I am guessing is a lot closer then you.

The rain is abating here

I'm in Paisley (even closer) and yes it is quite ridiculous at the moment. Going to phone up Cappielow just to make sure.

Just phoned and they said the game WILL be on tonight.

Please only post if you have any news on the match situation.

A lot of people are dependant on threads like these to find out if there are any doubts, so please don't post about something you don't know about.

cheers