FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Caley Thistle Roks!!

Yompa

I wonder how the takeover of Tulloch Construction by the Exeter based development services company Rok plc will affect Inverness Caledonian Thistle....?

Pre-season friendlies on the English riviera?

The good news is that Tulloch has not been taken over, they have just sold off the Construction division. Tulloch still exist as an independent company and still have the housebuilding division. And an extra £31m in the bank!

I say this is good news, because if they had been taken over, any new owners would quickly be asking why Tulloch have been "wasting" money and management time on a football club, and would soon put a stop to it.

If you read the article properly you will see that rather than selling off Tulloch Construction, it has been used to purchase a "significant shareholding" in ROK PLC.  I forget the name of the last company Sutherland/Tullochs did this with, but they eventually ended up with the majority shareholding and eventually the whole thing (if memory serves me correctly).  Think it was a North West England based building company of some description.

Tulloch Construction, a company whose major shareholder is Tulloch Ltd, has been sold to Rok with Tulloch directors running the Rok business in Scotland.  Tulloch Homes, which operated as a seperate company is retained. The main shareholders of Tulloch Homes being Tulloch Ltd. The monies gained from the sale have allowed Tulloch Ltd to purchase a significant shareholding in Rok. So to recap, Tulloch Ltd is now a major shareholder of Tulloch Homes and RoK plc so, in effect, Tullochs have been given monies from Rok Plc to purchase Rok Plc.

What I see from all this is a merger of two major construction companies, only its been carried out in such a way as not to involve the Monopolies and Mergers Commission.

Incidently, its David Sutherland that has the main shareholding of ICT though Tulloch Ltd also has an interest.

I wonder how the takeover of Tulloch Construction by the Exeter based development services company Rok plc will affect Inverness Caledonian Thistle....?

Pre-season friendlies on the English riviera?

So would someone care to address this rather significant question?

As long as we are not taken over by tawts in yellow jackets called Rok Steady.

And I am reliably informed that the last building company that Tullochs bought into was LEGO.

But more importantly - who owes me a double voddie and coke and a pint of 70/-? Is it David feckin Sutherland, Tulloch Construction or Tulloch Ltd.

Or do I now have a legitimate claim against all feckin three.  :003:

Guest Sandy Cromarty

David Sutherland is moving his company towards going 'public', this last week has seen him involved with various financial institutions in London, when the company does go public then Tullochs will be answerable to the board and shareholders and with that in mind I cannot see a continuation of donations as in the past.

Johndo... this has been going on for so long that if you don't hurry up, that pint is actually going to COST 70 shillings!

Hey... that's quite a thought isn't it? A pint already isn't that much less than 70 shillings (£3.50) in any case. Dearest I can find in Inverness is 62 shillings (£3.10) but I haven't been in the Marriott of late. A far cry from lager and lime in the Lochgorm for 2/4d (less than 12p)!