FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Adam Ready for SPL

CaleyStag

Just found this interview with Rooney on BBC Scotland at the SFA Awards. Didn't look or sound very confident, I suppose he wouldn't have done many interviews before. Talks a bit about the clubs aspirations for next season and how well the team have done this season. No mention as to whether or not he'll still be here next season, but he didn't exactly say he wouldn't either. I think he'll stay. He's unproven at SPL level so can't imagine Donny why would want him and Hayes after one good season in the First Division. Although Boro have just signed Halliday from Livi after a good year in the Third Division so anything could happen in the summer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8657968.stm

At least if Adam did leave, Tel has got ?20m to sign Kris Boyd and Robbie Keane. Then he can use the other ?19m to sign Adam back again in January. :lol:

Wheres this ?20m coming from? I saw an anohter thread that its to do with sponsers and something else but do the club really get ?20m just like that?

And, rooney will tear up the spl like he did division 1.

The original contract gave Stoke City the first offer clause. Rooney has improved significantly and the SPL can only improve him. His pace over short distance, first time control, movement but especially upper body strength have all developed and the proper training regime can only bring about further improvement.

Unfortunately if he does continue to improve and impress in the SPL then we had all better enjoy watching him next season whilst we can do.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if anybody else has commented on this but I was noticing that Rooney picked up only 1 yellow card all season. For a player who plays the way he does and puts constant pressure on defenders, I think that is a pretty remarkable record. It just goes to show what a fair player the lad is. Well done Adam!

Its a very good record and a very impressive 1 at that. If he can carry that in to next season and score 15+ goals then i will be a happy man. Unfortunatly if that was to happen, then i think we will lose him to another club as he only has 1 yr left on his contract, and he would be on a free, hopefully they can get at least a yr extension